Season 9 ideas, discussion and preferences.

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    PLEASE REDIRECT TO Season 9 Official Signup Thread
    SEE ALSO POLL: car for Season 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, bugger me we are already half way through this season.

Post your thoughts and preferences for season 9 here.

Personally I would like to go back to a race car with the 2 tire option like season 7.

Do we want the same number or rounds with the same format? ( i think it works well )

Cheers stu.
  2. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    GT500 on RH is my preference
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    How about one of the late model GT-Rs with race tyres? That way we still get a pretty quick, but very drivable car, that can be painted, unlike the race cars.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I would like an RM car, maybe one of the following:

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02 RM
    Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95 RM :p
    TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00 RM
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I do love those cars cyber ...... mmmmmmm, would make a good series i reckon.

I think there are 5 different 2008 GT-R skylines in gt500 class. will check to see if they are the same spec.
  6. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Im not overly fussed about the car.
    I didnt run the season with the 2 tyre option, but i do like the simplicity of having 1 tyre.
    I also like the current season format. 1 sprint, 1 enduro and 5 regular rounds. One thing i'd have to say is make the enduro about an hour and 15mins. Having a regular round at about 45mins and and enduro at 1 hour, it doesnt seem like the enduro is that much longer.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Be careful with that... although they probably are the same spec they definitely don't all perform the same... one of them is a definite dud - which also makes performance parity between the others questionable.... for tuning prohibited this is potentially more of an issue than if one can try and tune out poor performance.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yea, let's not try and fiddle too much with what has been a pretty successful formula, one car type for the sunday league, regardless if there is the "same" specs on other variants.

I voted for road car, as I think out of all the seasons, road cars have produced the more exciting and closest racing (for me anyway). Plus there are heaps of them.

We could go for an AWD of FWD car for something a little different, that would mix it up a bit I reckon.

Or, we just dump that and we all go Midget racing!! Who's with me??????????
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Midget racing or midget throwing !!
  10. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I definitely agree with this, and the AWD/FWD idea gets my vote too.
  11. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    yer i say stick with the road cars look at how close all 3 divisions are at the moment nothing in it and the one tyre is pretty good i reckon because its not quite long lasting enough so that you have to at least make one pitstop... i say we go slightly faster next season maybe a stock standard EVO X or even a Integra on sports hard to fill in the FWD or AWD areas
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I accidentally voted for RM car, I meant to vote Road car, be it FF. FR, MR, RR or AWD. :( There are so many good road cars in the game from the Dealership rather than a restrictive number of RM/RC models available. And when normal cars are changed to RM they seem to lose their 'feel'. To be perfectly honest, I shudder to think what a pure RC would feel like without some form of tune :/

I am a big fan of keeping the single tyre option (and voted as such) as it seems to produce better overall racing.

I also prefer to keep the season at the same length (it feels right) but make the enduro a bit longer (as has already been stated by dougz). An endurance race should be just that, not a longer/shorter track withless more/less laps and still the same time frame. No, I am not suggesting a 2 hour race, but I am suggesting that the racers here allow for one race to start 15-30 minutes earlier (from a D3 perspective; D1 & 2 could probably start 10-20 minutes earlier due to the faster lap times) to make it a bit more of an endurance rather than a 'more laps, pretty much the same time-frame' thing as it seems to be currently :)
  13. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    yer i reckon the enduro should be at least 1hr:20mins
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

went for road car and 1 tyre option. I think the road car (cocnept at least) has worked really well this season, racing been very close. 1 tyre option for the simplicity of it
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Or at least long enough that you cant quite get there on 1 tank of fuel.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I would like to see longer enduros to. 1 1/2 hrs would be good
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Anything RWD is the go really. I don't think the league should ever be run in an FF or AWD car. All they do is chew the front tyres and are very boring to drive imo.
  18. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i would love too see the Enduro go a bit longer 1hour 30mins..

But the season would have to planned a bit better as alot of you boys are in to F1.

so would have to make sure the Enduro is not on a F1 night..
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

The F1 doesn't start till around 10 anyway Aussie. There's usually not much point watching the Australian commentators in the pre race show.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, common theme is a longer enduro. Point taken.

I dont have a problem racing an AWD car for something different. 8 seasons it hasnt happened yet........

Am not really fussed about race car V road car, poll is very close.

Will let it go about another week before we narrow it down
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.