Season 9 ideas, discussion and preferences.

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

We havn't used an AWD car yet for one reason Stu, they are :):):):). If you use an AWD or FF car next season you will never want to use one again. I have enough trouble stopping my mind from wandering without puting me in a mundane, boring car. We should be challenging the drivers, not forcing them to partake in a "let's try to make the car turn without destroying the tyres" competition. Most of them are unrealistic, understeering pieces of :):):):). That's my 2 cents.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Am glad you didn't give us a dollars worth !! 2c was enough !!!

Let's see where the polls lead and go from there.
  3. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Any car but this f'ing one that we're driving now
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I Second that!
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Season 1 was an AWD car.... HPA Audi TT

The Nissan GT-R's with their computer controlled torque bias are OK.. but otherwise I think most people were pleased to move away from AWD after Season 1....
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I forgot about S1. It is testament to their crapness that we havnt gone AWD again though.
  7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Better known as 'the understeering :):):):):)'
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: there you have it... straight from one of the GTLOZ S1 originals :lol:
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I tend to go better in racing/high powered cars based on previous series results, I thinks its because in high powered cars you can drive 90%-95% and still get alot out of them where as with lower power cars you have to put them on edge 100% of the time to get the most out of them.

I dont really mind though anything fine with me, always been happy with what everyone has picked, like azza im really struggling in this toyota though.
  10. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

+1
    I can't think of a road AWD other than a GT-R, or maayyybe a tuned EVO that I'd drive on purpose.

I think "the right" RWD road car will be great, as would a race or RM-car with a bit of feel & adjustable handling.

I'm all-in for 2 tyre choices btw - I love the strategic element, plus it lets you run with/pass quicker guys for at least half a race, if you're on softs & they're not.
  11. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    chev your opinion is just 1 not neccesarily the whole forums veiw personally a game of keep your front tyres in check is a good one and more so challenging then the old just drift it round who cares trick a FWD punishes you if you get it wrong which is something you cant really get with a RWD it teaches you how to keep your front tyres alive so i would like to see a FWD in the season 9... we've gone RWD we've gone AWD now i think its time we tried something different... but again thats MY view and not anyone elses
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It don't matter what I drive E, I kill the fronts anyway. ! Lol
  13. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It doesn't matter who you are or what skills you have. RWD cars are more exciting and challenging to race. It's a fact. Not much personal opinion involved really. Either way E, my say on the matter is worth just as much as any other persons. This is an ideas and discussion thread, let's keep it real.
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

We not dumb enough to click that crap here.
  15. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    was thinking of a couple good car for season 9 the :

GSX Suzuki concept thing... OR maybe an old school thumping V8 chevy or mustang.. (get the ground shacking and the body rolling :p )
  16. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i vote a suzuki swift or at the very least a honda integra
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Main issue I see with that car is that it is a one off and you cannot get it again without trade glitching or creating a 2nd account to win it and trade it through to the main account. People may have made perma-mods to it meaning they won't be able to use it :(

In saying that, I could win it on my second account and trade glitch the heck out of it and give to a lot of people :)
  18. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    NOTE TO LEAGUE

please get ur votes and ideas in for Season 9 as Stu and i would like to get the next stage of voting on the go...

Cheers Stu and Aussie
  19. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    what would the 69 camaro rm be like for a season on rm/rs or ss? there could be something wrong with me too because i am really enjoying the toyota, but i did enjoy the tamora too. i never really drive anything straight out of the box with sports tyres so i dont really care what we drive as long as there is the opportunity to over cook the thing and everyone is sort of close.
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

If S9 were to go another RM car (based on voting that isn't happening) I would have liked to see a non-American RM car. We've had two Yankee RM cars in 2 of the past 3 seasons :)

I can say I have driven the RM Camaro you mention and it is a good drive (although it is tuned, so may be a pig when not) :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.