Season 9: Race On...RaceOnOz!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    his resignation is the reason for the call out lol
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Anyone happening to be using a tv for there sim racing try turning off V sync I cut 100ms of input lag and now have better smoothness and braking with my inputs and have knocked a second off my lap times,do note that you will get screen tearing but bare with it for the quicker laps :)
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea same. Was fine until the v1.9 update then alot if people have had issues with vsync causing a massive FPS drop. Screen tearing is almost negliguble for me so an easy choice! They reckon root cause is something to do with fullscreen rendering in Directx.. Alt-Enter in game is recommended to reset rendering... this also fixes stuttering after alt-tab ing out and in again
    Spidey_11 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I never used to use V sync back in the day never needed it then started using frame limit but think was V1.4-5 frame limit stopped working for me and tearing was real bad started using V-sync then for past few seasons been wondering why i can't brake as late as everyone else and why my times were hit and miss from 5 people in a room to a full grid turns out i was fighting 150ms of input lag so in a full room when my fps would drop to 40-50 it felt like 300ms lag now that frame limit works again and V sync off it's a completely different ball game :coffee: I feel i have a chance to fight up top now :roflmao:
  5. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Yeah i had an issue with tearing and had to put it v sync on, i really couldnt put up with the tearing it was pretty bad
  6. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Hi yall,
    I've been messing with the server for the last few days and have changed the IP address
    Here's a new link for the stracker times...
    http://13.54.27.32:50041/lapstat

cheers
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    KoAStR likes this.
  7. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I'm out tonight guys. Looking after a house full of sick people
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey boys. Won't be able to make it. Not home yet, and won't be for a while. Have fun, sorry team.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    So how did the race go? Only just got home, hope everything went ok.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Divisional results: **Amended 22/11 for correction to Krunch's divisional result
    http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=RaceResults#Assetto Corsa

Epic racing tonight with so many cars on this toight loike tiger track. Went for the no tyres strat and it paid off. Had some fun tangos along the way. Kudos Doublevision taking the overall win and the lead in the championship mixing up the D2 standings once again! Ridiculously tight mid-pack in the D1 championship!

Tight tight tight in the teams championship with TGM or** TTB in the lead by just 1 - 3 points depending on which way you sling it.

Championship standings: **Amended 22/11 for correction to Krunch's divisional result
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Cherno, Spidey_11, ed40t and 2 others like this.
  12. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Probably the best race I have had since joining ROOZ. I built nearly a 10 second buffer before going into pits, took fuel and tyres but got outfoxed by doublevision!! Driver of the day, -great strategy.
    Had a good little battle with Koastr(who was very kind) but that was about it for me was a pretty quiet (but sweaty) race.
    Thanks to the guys who made it easy for me to pass, especially when I was trying to catch someone.

Can't wait for next Monday night, the championship looks very 'toight'.
    Doublevision, KoAStR and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Thanks for the race last night, was good to be back :D
  14. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

So annoyed at myself, i put in a lot of practice hours, to get my fastest lap down to 7.9s which puts me the closest i have even been to the front runners, i knew i could lap low 8's to 9's consistently and felt that i stood a chance to have some close racing be it in a pack or some 1 on 1 action. Lap 3/4 pulled a nice 8.1 then on the 1st corner got racing fever with Spita and out braked myself going deep inside, running him off track (sorry mate). that coming together caused damage that took ages to fix when i pitted, i waited at the end of the lap, 4-5 sec for him to catch up and i gave the place back, but the car was never the same and from then on it was back to my normal race, alone and watching out for the leaders. and the best times i could pull were in the 9's, 10's and 11's
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  15. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    It's all apart of learning mate! A lot of us guys have been running wheel to wheel for years... Take that as a learning curve! To give you a tip, try not to focus too much on your single lap performance... The top guys focus more on a race pace than single lap, most have two different setups between the race with full weight of fuel and without. I would properly recommend jumping in a few social server's and getting used to racing wheel to wheel. AC is extremely unforgiving when it comes to contact, so it makes you be extremely careful when you are racing so close together.
  16. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

+1 here
    Busting out 1000's of laps single player count for nothing in a race when you have someone in front on your perfect racing line or breathing down your neck trying to get past you... or you going 2/3 ppl into a corner! real racing practice is the key... QC. is great to set the server up early so you can jump on and hope to do some practise with other people prior to Monday night. :)
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Man...

As fun as that was running wheel to wheel, I got completely unstuck and one to forget... I started P16, I think early on I touched Meal (sorry mate) in the last corner, however it was really weird! It looked like I bumped his rear right and he over corrected and shooted off the other way???? Feel free to punish me for that but I really wasn't expecting that and I kinda giggled... :\ Sorry again..

I got myself into P8 then and I think it was Cyber? into the last corner, and I'm not sure he was expecting me being so close and shut the door on me, we both went around and then I got T boned... Dropped to P17, got back to P15 with Tovey behind, and I think my net stuffed out and into the first corner hit me off track, don't think that was meant to happen... With rage and my finger hovering over the ESC button, I hang in and just finished the race... bloody hell..
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    certainly was one to forget I started out practice with great pace and really felt I was finally ready to go toe to toe with the top guy's qualed up in 4th and was feeling calm and ready to start pushing when terry lost it and quickly saved it on the left hand sweeper which put me up his inside then for the quick right I just had no room at all and no where to go the left side hit the curb bounced right and tapped him so threw it left as hard as I could to avoid the pack clutch hand braked and saved it on the grass to get back in but with such a tight pack felt like a year long wait before I could rejoin after that was a rage filled frenzy of just fighting my way back up the pack will admit had a few questionable overtakes where I just went all out aggressive but still leaving room but still very nfar from my usual safer race craft approach so for anyone affected by that I appolygise

sorry about that bump rotor it was the strangest thing I braked well before you accounting for draft saw you go deep to the outside then as we turned in your car flashed up in front of me sideways but both our pings were stable your's 15 mine 37 very very odd
  19. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I had NBN issues last night, it was dropping data packets... All good mate, I knew you didn't do that intentionally
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Whats the go with being able to save the whole race? My replays often only show the last few laps, but its the start Im interested in. Need to learn what I need to improve on

Quali was ok, but had hoped to be a little higher up the grid. But very glad I noticed that I hadn't loaded my setup during the race count down, as it made things a lot easier on cold tires with a setup loaded. Had an alright start, but when a tad wide on a corner (from memory) and got swamped. I kept watching rotor in my rear view a bit much, holding us both up. Finally started to focus a bit, and started gaining on the battles ahead. Unfortunately, I went for a late dive I wasn't terribly proud of on Pringles on the final corner. I made the corner, but wasn't anywhere for my team mate who bounced off as he tried to turn in. I backed off, which let Rotor through and was driving slower trying to workout how to redress. But Pringles let me off on that one, so I put my head down and started pulling a gap to those behind me.

A lap or 2 later, I just managed to miss rotor and cyber doing pirouettes across the front straight. But after that the race settled down to just hitting my markers. The gap ahead was staying steady and I was hopeful for some battles there to let me close up on them.

I leap Terry in the pits, as he overshot his box. A few laps later I had a couple lap battle with bjmatho as he came out of the pits. Was hard fought, being on hot tires to his cold, but not having track position. I think we must have gone 2 wide for 2/3s the track, until I finally got the job done. Slow but a lot of fun :) Fairly uneventful after that until with 2 laps to go, I realised I only had 1.7 laps worth of fuel. I really suck driving to save fuel, as I upset the car trying to adjust shift points etc. I ran out of fuel on the front straight, but had enough momentum to coast to the line.