Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    The first rule of racing is not to hit your Teammate.
    The second rule of racing is not to brake too late into turn one on the opening lap.
    I failed to do either and sent myself to the pits on Lap 1.... sigh..... after winging it on strategy i somehow found myself back toward the pointy end and after my final pitstop i was just 20 seconds behind Seth. I managed to cut 10 of those away with my considerably faster and fresher tyres, but the Blessed merc was just too good tonight and held on for the win. You might've been too quick off the line, but you got it pretty right the rest of the race Seth, good job.
    See ya'll next week for a hopefully bigger turn up once again. Let's try and get 16 next week :D
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Another race where everything that could go wrong could.

It was all going well until after the first pitstop, I had roughly a 6 second lead until for the second week in a row I lost my front wing on a slower car, ruining any chance of my planned 2 stop which I knew was much faster, as proven by Seth's stirling performance to win despite a drive through penalty, amazing job there. Now I was forced to run the softs which were by far the worst tyre to be on, and as a result I fell miles back. Then after my final stop I went straight on at the exit, ruining a chance at 3rd. Overall a disaster but it's a long season with drop rounds so I'm not too worried.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lol i thought something went wrong at T1. Cos you stopped as if you hit a wall.
  4. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Just a question regarding the overall championship for the whole season, do we get 3 drop rounds for that total score of the 21 races? Or still just one? Or none...
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    1 per leg. So 3 total over the whole championship.

Cant use 2 in the same leg though
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Zharvs is correct.
    It's a little bizarre but that's how it has been from the outset.
    Viperzed, Zachery and Beau_Albert like this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    13th: Viperzed (Sauber Ferrari)
    14th: randm90 (Williams Mercedes)
    @Hatfield
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I reckon that rule is spot on. In sunday league its 7 rounds, and you get 1 drop. Same as this. Its just 3 sunday leagues in 1 in a way.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yep @Samsung1998racer #SH43Blessed, I'll have to trend it via snap chat to make it official,

Really thought I was goners with the jump start, my bloody finger slipped and the car launched opps.

@Beau_Albert when we were in the 20 lap count I was sweating due to having a puncture from doing half the race on the mediums last week, was a little worried so I dropped the pace by a few seconds each lap with the shortest of short shifts, managed to bring the rears home on 90% Basically from 70% on the rears I was 3 gears higher than normal through a corner and jamming up the gears as putting power down just bringing it home.

See ya next week, hope to see all there.
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I knew you'd be worried about a puncture aha, in my party chat i was pissing Sam off from me constantly begging for a tyre to let go aha!
    Fantastic effort to nurse them so far and to hold the pace you did, i wasn't making inroads into your lead until like you said, you had to slow alot
    seth123 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Gutted my video didn't save for some reason, there was some damn good footage in those first few laps.
    Viperzed likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    All good mate - I was way way back and out of position anyway, so I didnt care too much by that stage :thumbsup:
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  14. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    lol you were alongside Benny and I before the lights even went out!
    seth123 likes this.
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Well my race was a comedy of errors - from starting on the front row and thinking I had the pace for a win, it all went down hill from there...

Qual went fairly well - wasnt my best lap as the car felt a bit different post patch but good enough for a front row start...

After a good first lap or two, I got a run on @its-benny-racer down the main straight under DRS and easily had the move done into Turn 1 - then there was some contact through Turn 2, which put us both off. So down to P6 now I think.

Got my head down and was going ok for the first stint thinking I could recover it from here still - only to have @Samsung1998racer use me as his brakes coming into pit lane and bump me across the pit entry line - giving me a drive through for speeding in pit lane :poop: - at this stage I thought I had pit assist enabled...

Served my drive through two laps later, only get a second drive through :poop::poop: because pit assist wasnt actually enabled... fml... I should have checked I had pit assist enabled before the race, it was turned on last week and is on in my career mode... oh well, lesson learnt I should double check that next week o_O

Between my drive throughs was when @Nathancarhead ran into the back of me spearing me off and any hope of even finishing in the points was done...

I had a pretty lonely race for most of the rest of the race trying to catch up to the cars ahead but finishing way down the back... Maybe I should have pushed @seth123 harder for the last lap and a half to try and unlap myself and really cook his tyres to make things interesting :p - I tried to setup for the overtake once in the 2nd DRS zone, but got too close on the slow corner before it and just induced massive understeer in the dirty air and dropped back too far, so I just putted around behind for the last lap or so...

Im really enjoying the game, and the racing, just not getting results so far - One can only try to improve for next week!
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm amazing at this game

Oh yeah you read it. Is anyone else as good as me? No. I'm better than you. Why? Because I managed to crash out on the penultimate corner by stepping on the kerbs a little too hard. I guess thats what happens when you've gotten the game less than an hour prior lol. No practice=no reward. I can see I'll have a lot of fun in this league eventually though and can't wait to get back going in China :)

See you all there!
    #SH43Blesses
    seth123 and Zachery like this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Haha bloke and a half for just hanging behind me, Wish I had "Warning Vehicle Randomly Stopping" sticker on the back:thumbsup:
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Just when I thought this game was squeaky clean, hahahaahah gg STR

[​IMG]
    Crunch and Beau_Albert like this.
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    @WOLFYDADDY007

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really can't describe how much you touched me.

I was always intending to race on Thursday, by driving home after hanging out with friends all day, but I made a judgement call while I was in the moment and figured that I'd rather hang around with people that appreciate me more. So I got home at 8:20, which would have only been enough to make the race and miss qualifying anyway.

Seriously @WOLFYDADDY007, thank you very much. You've lifted my spirits beyond anything I expected to reach when I clicked to peruse this forum - often coming back to read how everyone disagrees with me or those who do agree don't vocalise their agreement. It's worn me down, and you've propped me up immensely. I hope your life is going swell as well, and I hope you are much loved by your friends and family.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    In other news, if anyone has footage to send to me or Hat for review please do this by Monday night. :)
    Viperzed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.