GT6 [Series -08/05] Intercontinental Sportscar Championship[ISC]

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Finally we can race at Laguna now, ill try have the server up by 7:45.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Are we racing tonight or just practicing?
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Racing, its thursday.
    WAC likes this.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Not sure I'll make it tonight, had to dissemble whole TV setup with everything to make way for cabinet and still have to put back together, plus have some other things I need to do.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will probably miss race 1. Hope to make race 2
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hey guys,
    Sorry I didn't return for race 2 last night.
    When the DSC happened I thought it was only between me and the server, so I cracked it and shut everything down and then went into the other room to watch TV and turned the laptop on - then I saw Musta's post that he had dropped out (which DSC'd the entire field).

The Aston felt like a barge going around Monza, which didn't really motivate me to get off my arse and back onto the PS3 (if I'm being honest).

Congrats to Musta for the win in race 2 and I see Mint was able to work his way up the field to claim 2nd place! :)
  8. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Good race last night. WD to Mint and Mus on their wins. Good drive by N64 as well, who looked quick in both races.
    First race I struggled abit as the car was oversteering into, and out of, every corner and I couldn't touch a ripple strip without stepping the back end out. Mus and Cyber dropped into the sand which gifted me 3rd. Had fun trying to reel n64 in but oversteer killed it.
    Second race started well and was battling Mint from the green light. I adjusted brakes in second race and oversteer was gone. Was picking the pack off really well and was also keeping the Alien behind me. Came to fastboy who looked like was struggling with the rear end so made a move into the first corner. Got passed but the car understeered so had to back off. Straightened the car up and then copped it by a faster exiting fastboy who had nowhere to go. Then finished 6th.
    Fastboy, it was just a race incident mate. Was no ones fault, that's just racing.
    The only disappointing thing about it was I was keeping Mint behind me and working my ar$e off and was enjoying racing with the fast guys and being able to keep up for once. Seeing as no one had done a double podium yet, was looking forward to being one of the only ones to do it along side mint, but that's racing.
    See you all next week at Suzuka. I expect a strong showing from the Japanese drivers ;)
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well that night just confirmed that I suck at Laguna Seca. Went horrible there in the mclaren and also horrible in the aston.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yes, I noticed the Astons and NSXs seemed a bit of a handful, I also struggled with the macca at Laguna but the Ferrari was a little more manageable. I still struggle with the lack of corner entry bite at the front but the power oversteer helps at corner exit a bit though. I had a great final couple of laps hunting down Joe who seemed to be suffering lack of grip towards the end of race one. I got ahead of him only to have a wild slide at the left hand sweeper after the corkscrew which let him get back in front. I caught him again 2 corners from home and we had a very close but extremely clean run to the finish. In race two I ran wide of the first corner and then a little bump from somebody when I scrambled back on sent me off track. From there on I was alone most of the race chasing after DRZ. Suicid3 closed on me towards the end of the race and kept me on my toes. Looking forward to next week.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah the viper whilst fast was very hard to be consistent, half the time I was battling understeer then Oversteer, the good acceleration helped me pass mint at the start of race 1 but I couldn't keep in under control and fell back.

I honestly wasn't expecting the best result here anyway as the viper is best suited to the bigger tracks so I'm happy with getting bucket loads of points.

Mint was super consistent though and a double podium is a really big achievement in this series as reverse grid races have proved to be difficult to move up.

Emmo your really outperforming your Class, next series I make I'm going to have to put you in the middle tier lol.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    First race was fun at the start and towards the end. Managed to pass Dave in the first few laps by breaking late and diving on the inside of the last corner. From then on it was pretty straight forward and just keeping the NSX on the road. Was closing in on emmo and Joe battling towards the end of the race as emmo made his mistake I closed right up onto his tail but threw away any chance of overtaking him as my rear right caught the dirt on the last corner and sent me racing into the wall. Had enough of a buffer to keep position and stay in front of Dave.
    Race 2, I was a lot more optimistic with a higher place start but again, threw that out the window as I ran too wide out of turn 4? (5? The one before the bridge) and caught dirt again which saw me end up just in from of emmo who was recovering from his off. Another spin a few corners later and that saw me in last place.
    No further mistakes from there on, but my race was pretty much ruined by my first trip to the beach.
    Tried to pass Haze with the same move I used on Dave in the first race, but accidentally tapped his left rear as I was diving on the inside and that sent him into the sand. Redressed on track and eventually passed him again on the next lap.
    Started throwing down some of my faster laps towards the end of the race to catch emmo a little, but it wasn't anywhere near enough.
  13. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Having missed the first round and reading all the fun you guys had, I was really looking forward to this (1st) round in the rx7.
    And it didn't disappoint, after some practice before qualifying, I realised the rx7 was very strong through corners but had no balls on the straights so pushed for pole to avoid trying to pass in a pack. Race 1 started from pole and mustafur's powerful viper ate me for breakfast on the straights and assumed the lead pretty quickly. Settled behind and waited as I new the viper would hopefully bite him soon, on call it did and I regathered the lead. From there pushed hard to gain a lead and a solid victory.
    The joy of winning quickly turned for the start of race 2 from the rear, as I watched the pack drive away from me off the lights. I new it would be an impossible task to get up to the front but I pushed as hard and cleanly as possible through the pack and found myself 4th behind Vh at about the halfway mark. Vh was driving a brilliant race with great pace from the start, so I was content to stay behind as we hunted fastboy down. Once 2nd turned into a battle of 3, I was honestly wondering how I was going to get past when on lap 10 (I think), vh went for a pass on fastboy into turn 1 and they came together on exit. I pounced and came out 2nd going into turn 2 and from there held position to the end. Congrats mustafur on winning the 2nd race at a track not best suited to your weapon.

After that introduction to the series for me, cant wait for the challenge at suzuka and hopefully Team rx7 can be up the pointy end again :)
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yikes
    garyw61 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That was a great event at Laguna, despite being quite stagnant in my opinion, I was quite satisfied with my results.

I should have taken pole as I was well up on MINT's pole time with perfect first two sectors, but I ran wide at turn 5 and blew it.

Still good enough for 3rd, I was keeping up with Mustafur and MINT, however I'll be the first to admit I do not have the skill to do those laps as consistently as they can. Cyber was putting me under pressure, but he spun out, and now Mik was giving chase. Mustafur was out on his own in the gravel, and there was no way I was catching MINT. I was very happy to finish 2nd.

I rued the disconnection in the 2nd race, as I would have been in 4th place heading into turn 4, and victory would have been a huge possibility.

Unfortunately, at the restart, I was shoved off the circuit by Mik and was well back. Due to the traffic, I caught up really quickly, but there was a huge jam at the Corkscrew, and I came a-cropper as Mik was doing about 10 km/h at the apex and ran out of room on the outside. This let Cyber through.

I went up the inside of Cyber at turn 4, but I didn't leave enough space, so he suffered. I hoped to be closely following MINT to the front but due to all the calamities this wasn't the case. Tb's Ferrari really lacked front end grip, and really it was easy pickings for the RX7's incredible cornering speed.

Just as I thought I could catch Fastboy for a podium, I ran wide and through went Cyber at the Corkscrew. Frustrated, I tried absolutely everything to get past, but the power of the Corvette was too strong. Bumping didn't work, that's for sure. :p

I'm pretty pleased that even with my horror show at the 1st Monza race, I'm Mustafur's closest rival in 2nd place. Though with MINT's pace, I can't see this lasting long! My RX7 will be immense through the Esses, Degner 1&2, Spoon and 180R, so I reckon a double podium is a real possibility.

Cheers, Jono
  16. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Huh? I held my racing line while you tried to overtake me on the outside on the rumble strip. How's that shoving you off the road??
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I would've liked a bit more room, yeah. I certainly wasn't going to back off out of fear, otherwise MINT would have passed me. Watching the replay back again, I got 2 wheels on the dirt, got fully back on but got squeezed off at the braking zone. Shoved was a bit of an overstatement now that I've seen the replay. Racing incident. The 2nd incident was my fault, I ran myself out of room. What I did to Cyber on lap 3 was far worse and really I should've waited.
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Suzuka race tonight, ill try get server up before 8pm.
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Let's make it an RX7 1-2-3 tonight!
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  20. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    If we sneak NOS in, then we can make it happen or else #noballzdownstraight