GT5 Sunday Le Mans 1960's enduro - Postponed to 15 July

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rumbleshorts, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Cheers Aussie, missed you out there
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I stuck it out, and had a real battle with the Jag through no fault but my own from being complacent and not testing and tuning nearly enough.

I thought I had well sorted tune but failed/forgot to set my aero and as soon as I had my tyres down to half used the bastard would spin out under hard cornered braking, so I ended up with many small errors plus I pulled to the side and let the leaders pass by out of courtesy, ended up 4 laps down over the total of the race.

I enjoyed it greatly, and it was my first sanctioned race with ROOZ. I suppose I can't complain, as "slow and steady" did get me a 4th out of a starting grid of 7 :p

I will be taking the experience on board, and look forward to further races with such a great group of guys.
  3. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Good on ya for stayin in there Clevo. No one was really practising before the race and that is normally where we find those little issues like aero, brake bias etc. Hey, at least your connection didnt wander
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job topcat, and clevo well done on getting through your first race.

Pretty busy time coming up in the next few months with all the different series kicking off.

Tighten your seatbelts guys, its gunna get hectic !!
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Great racing everyone, good to see all 3 makes represented!

I probably should have dropped the lap count since we started 30m later than planned, sorry if it caused any inconvenience to anyone. I also forgot to reset the time progression after the track reset so no night racing, be it a good or a bad thing I am unsure but it made for some great viewing anyway :) Too bad I f'ed up and exited from the race when I was sitting in 3rd. The things you do when sleep deprived :mad:

Podium
    XJ13 - MrTopCat74 - I will post the ticket prize tonight with luck :)
    330 P4 - dansequal
    330 P4 - Aza2672

Fastest Laps
    3:52.001 - Enforcer_98
    3:53.331 - MrTopCat74
    4:00.984 - Aza2672
    4:04.059 - dansequal
    4:22.235 - disturboed
    4:31.935 - Clevohead
    Not sure - Rumble

Grats on your first 'official' race with ROOZ Clevo :)

And after all that, I forgot to save the replay to grab pics :( Not my night... If anyone saved it, please upload if possible so I can grab it :)
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sorry that I missed the race fellas. For some reason I couldn't see anyone online on PSN, so assumed the race was cancelled. I didn't end up getting the Jag in the end anyway, I was just too damn busy with work and other crap.
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

No worries Chev. After S8 is over I might follow through with Top Cat's idea and host another enduro with these classic beasts so you have some time to get the car ;)
  8. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

couple of pics here of the start, and some other gt5 pics of mine including vintage battles with moon :p
    http://imageshack.us/g/96/tokyor2461g.jpg/

great race guys pity about the drop outs, was shapping up to a great 3 way battle between me aza and rumbles i reckon.
  9. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Sorry I missed out guys, I had Flight of the Conchords tix, and I wasn't about to miss that show !

Sounds like it was good fun, I second the motion for a 60's LeMans enduro at Spa later on, maybe once season 8 is well underway.

(Can we include the gulf GT40? It makes a few PP less than the others, but such a sweet sweet unngghhh....droool)
  10. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Conchords LOL....funny as
    I think Chev wanted to use a GT40 as well. Might make it help to get the grid filled
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I missed that request from Chev until it was too late (sorry Chev). Will include it in the next enduro since it also a '6o's racer :)
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    LMAO :lol:

Added podium getters to GT5 Community HoF - Congrats ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.