The Great Debate Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by thebigRAGOO_14, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  2. finchy

finchy Rookie

Really dont know where this has come from ragoo, im flat out preping for one race series a.d growing tired of that as it is
  3. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Few more weeks mate and you'll be chomping. I'm still on sabbatical
  4. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    what about a clio cup series but have random weather or race at places like monza or bathurst in them?
  5. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    they're pretty easy to drive no assists and you can get away with quite a bit of contact
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I reckon everyone should drive in reverse but with bonnet cam so you can only see in front of you.

I will of course allow traction control.
  7. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    How's this for a prezzie , [​IMG]
  8. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    :thumbsdown:
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  9. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Cockpit view i have found is near on impossible to drive, its almost a back seat driving view as u see the driver and all the dash, making the actual game view only a small portion of the screen, its near impossible to see the opposite corner of your car depending on which side you are sitting in it. i guess guys with 3 monitors see a lot more, but if you only have 1 screen, you just cant see enough. I have always driven from bonnet cam or just above the windshield simply so i can see enough of left and right sides of my car. sitting in a real car with a quick glance you can take in your dash, both sides of the car and out the front. to me bonnet cam is the closest to a real seating position because when i drive for real i look out over my bonnet. thats only my 2cents worth.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  10. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Each to their own mate no point doing it if you don't like. It's hard enough as it is
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  11. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Yeah David , I've tried in car and can do the same times but not as consistently as I can on roof cam . there are more dash read out options with in car view , witch I only use when testing or in practice .
  12. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Hey you lot , just chucking this one out there .
    When GT7 come's out , do you think Project cars will lose a few gamer's ? Or if GT7 is the same bucket different smell, will people stay ?
    I'm sure Project cars will put out a lot more content to keep the faithful happy and I think the die hard player's will stay (like me).
    But Grand turismo has a massive following of players who have played it since 1997 , I remember the joy of that first game , belting around in a Dodge Viper GTS till my finger's bled , but funny thing is its the same joy I get with Project car's .
    What do you lot think ?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

If GT7 can have the same sort of physics with online lobby stability and less Glitches, it will be good bye Pcars
    SuiCid3 and TheJuzzy like this.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I have only played GT5 and 6 for all my online racing, so almost felt like i was cheating on it by going to PCARS after 4 years of frustratingly good fun. Have had some great racing, along with the usual network issues that have plagued the series for as long as i have been online with it..

The cold hard reality, IMO, is that GT5/6 really had no serious competition since i started, so console racers were limited with their options. GT7 will have to knock it out of the park to get me back playing. The constant online issues and stale format have seen a lot of players looking for more, while i have only been on the PCARS bandwagon for a short time i cant see the honeymoon ending soon.

Add to that, a lot of players were pissed at the way the course maker was done, standard cars and vaccum cleaner sounds, so not sure they will get them back in a hurry.

The other elephant in the room is the release of Assetto Corsa next year on console so along with PCARS that will be 3 titles (assuming GT sport lands on time, but when has it ever !) competing for the same drivers.

Hopefully we are spoilt for choice next year and can find a way to get all our drivers involved in so racing with big grids and a game that gives us what we want.
    SPL Racing, TheJuzzy, SuiCid3 and 2 others like this.
  15. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

I will probably buy it juzzy when it goes platinum as it will and get it half price just so i can get that last player in my football card collection, you know the player you really dont want but gotta have to complete the team. I've played gt from day dot and loved every minute on the game, had some brilliant races and championships and more importantly meet some top people which ive meet up with and now call good friends. Like you stu i felt guilty for getting pc but was getting sick of the same old :):):):) gt gave us but have a soft spot for the game that gave so much. Gt7 will do well with its plug and play ease. I can't see them changing too much, why would they its worked this long. P C came along at the perfect time as i was to the stage of watching t.v with the misses. They have nailed it in my opinion and think they have our rooms bugged as in everything we've complained about they have been fixing with updates and keep delivering new and exciting tracks and cars each month. Im back to can't get enough time on it as i was with gt1.
    TheJuzzy, SuiCid3 and beakeroo like this.
  16. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    Since GT7 probably won't come till 2017 because of GT Sport next year, you have to remember Pcars 2 comes out in 2017 and I believe will be much improved. Personally I wish GT had a competitor for Forza horizon as drive club was awful.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  17. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Looking forward to Assetto Corsa, GT series I will have a look at, but for a long time I have been saying PD has let me down so much that if they come out with something awesome it will be a pleasant surprise, but we will more than likely get a "GT6 remastered" like they did with Last of us lol.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Emphasis on the 'was'.

Drive club has improved massively and is a good simcade racer now mate. If you still have it update it and give it a go again.

As for GT I doubt it will change much. It will still have that Japanese quirkiness with driver licenses, car washes etc and they'll put too much effort again into the things that don't matter but not the stuff that does.
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I still hold some genuine hope for GT7 and Sport. PS4 online format is so much better than PS3 and I've never had any issues with any game online on PS4 (and I purchased my console on launch day).
    With a much stronger platform, huge processing power and having already seen what the competition has done, I can't see the next incarnation of GT being anything but awesome.
    Call me silly, naive or whatever, but I'm still a believer! I, for one, can't wait for GT Sport and then GT7 (or whatever it may be called).
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  20. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

I wasn't going to bring up how dirty your car was ons sunday night m8, but come on m8 have some pride
    TheJuzzy likes this.