Win 7 BSOD error assistance

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DarrenO, Nov 18, 2015.

1. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Thought I mite post to see if anyone has had this issue and a workaround/Fix.

Windows starts then seems to restart at the " Starting Windows" icon just goes through a loop of restarting then comes up with the BSOD and a "PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" It has to be something to do with either Hardware in the PC or one of the Components attached via USB. So I have been told.

I do know the Brain box for my pedals is pretty :):):):)ed but i had that disconnected, the wheel is on its way out but were not connected when it happened. Pulled the Button box and everything else out. Restart the PC and same issue.

Windows says that the issue is due to the Bootcat.cache file is changed since last start up ? and most online say to delete it and restart the PC, But I cant get to the desktop to Delete it or apply any fix. Windows SP1 for Win 7 apparently had this fix but again I can't get to the Desktop to fix it. :mad:

Tried to Repair Startup but doesnt seem to do anything. I mite have to totally wipe C: and then reinstall Win7 and the 2 x SP. Luckly I have Steam/Origin and all my games on other HDD"s.

Seems a Full HDD wipe and reset will be the Go.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry man, I got nothing. I would have to do a clean install if it were me.
  3. Mael

Mael Professional

Time for Windows 10 ?
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Start in safe mode, then delete the file?
  5. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Yeah it wouldnt start in safe mode.
    it was Windows 10 lol or SkyNet as its been named. Couldnt do anything, not even start in safe mode ? so i pulled the HDD out and put it in a spare pc i had and took the files i needed and wiped the hdd clean about 3 times then reinstalled Win 7 back on it. Now all hunky dory, going good so just a matter of all new programs install elsewhere and c: just for windows.
  6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Good to hear you've sorted it. Once upon a time I used to wipe and start afresh once a year.

The 0x0000____ codes displayed in BSODs are often a start for Googling what the issue is. If a bad sector in your boot drive was the cause, the issue could conceivably appear again after some time passes (when the PC needs that sector again to store a system file).