PCARS Season 2 - Div 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    it is his 12th birthday :rolleyes:
    seth123 likes this.
  2. autech91

autech91 Professional

Just checked my replay. It was 30 secs ahead with 2 laps to go and you finished 24 secs behind. 5 of those you gained in the last lap when I backed off...
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Ah close enough i wasn't paying to much attention to it just pushing like hell to get away from Juzzy
  4. autech91

autech91 Professional

Don't blame ya, he's a top racer! Not a bad bloke too.

Regardless though mate, top job getting back to 3rd. Lets hope we have some good clean battles over the series.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Will be leaving my grid box after the red lights this week
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys.....

The results from last race will stand as it seems there was some weird buggy stuff going on in the room.....

Having Ragoo twice in the results, Giants car hit on track after he had parked it off the track on lap 1, and the fact that everyone's replays are all corrupted points to a "bad night" with the network....

Here is hoping for a cleaner, glitch free round 2.......reminder though, contact with a car that results in a clear advantage gained with no redress will result in a time penalty added after the race. There are a few guys sailing close to the wind, dont be the first to be penalized this season.
    Spidey_11, SuiCid3, emuegg11 and 5 others like this.
  7. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    We had a practice race tonight at Donington , I got 3rd but got smashed , slammed , and run off track by some people that think there racing in GT6 . Thank Christ it was a practice race coz people would be band ! I thought my ass was a target .
    Spidey_11, seth123, emuegg11 and 2 others like this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yeah not bad Juzzy, join me for another practice tomorrow night mate and we'll get you up to speed :roflmao: :cool:
    You done well to get back mate :thumbsup: some dodgy driving going on there at times, I did clip stu and seth slightly at times but gave way to them letting them back in front. Some of these guys need to be a little patient. It's a long enough race to find a proper overtaking chance.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  9. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Wel
    Well juzzy, your just lucky your arse is cute i guess and everyone wants some of it. Pmsl.
  10. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    1 guy ether pushed me or nailed me of track 3 times , I thought about doing the same back but I just chased him down and he had a spin on his own.
    Sam D Blacklock and seth123 like this.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Wow sounds like i was in the practice race,
    I wasn't but im sure i will get the blame for it eventually #brakemarkergate
    Spidey_11, SuiCid3 and TheJuzzy like this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I think you were there in spirit, there were plenty of those missing :thumbsup:
    SuiCid3 and TheJuzzy like this.
  13. autech91

autech91 Professional

There are only a few good spots for overtaking in this race, into the 2nd to last corner hairpin under brakes and perhaps the next hairpin, though due to the elevation change this is a tricky spot.
    1st corner is a possibility but both drivers will have to be very mindful of each other give racing room, no use trying to contest the corner and both going off.
    Anywhere else on this track is pure suicide as it really becomes a 1 line track after that point. #my5cents
    zuluwoffle, Spidey_11 and TheJuzzy like this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    You're not wrong, I took quite a few through there last night, also made the sneakiest one through the chicane. Will have to throw up a video later, had a lot of fun there last night.
    George and TheJuzzy like this.
  15. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    your racing has been good fastie, nothing to worry about there
    JonoStan96, SuiCid3 and seth123 like this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Maybe he was your apprentice?
    SuiCid3 and TheJuzzy like this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    @autech91 @TheJuzzy

The full race was too long to do this morning but I did hop on and take some from the 5 lapper. You'll like the last one Juzzy, I waited for some guy I had followed for two laps to block my line again but ducked back into his line as he did to take him right on the end of the last lap ;)
    seowster and TheJuzzy like this.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Welcome to Div 2.... ohh wait maybe I'll leave that for next season you quick bugga ;)
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, couple of things before round 2 on sunday night.

Anyone still searching for a tune let me know....will try to help you out, however Cob ran high 33s last night on a stock setting so it is pretty good straight of the box, ive spent hours finding what is only .2 faster as a PB.

last nights prac race was "interesting" to say the least......The track is an absolute cracker for this car, but as stated by Autech above, the track really only has 2 passing places that you would consider GENUINE PASSING spots. Last night i started from pole, and by the hairpin i was 10th after being belted from pillar to post by some drivers pretending to be my proctologist. Not cool !!

Turn 1, lap 1 will be an absolute :):):):) fight if you dont give each other room, you simply cant get in there too hot and expect to make the corner without taking other cars out.....The same has to be said with the back straight chicane on lap 1, kamakazee moves will result in tears with drivers "trying" to make up 15 spots in one corner. there has been 1 protest upheld for failing to redress and it resulted in a 15 second time penalty added to their race time....This is non negotiable, if you make contact, gain an "obvious" advantage and don't redress, you WILL be penalized ABOUT 20 seconds depending on the individual circumstanced on the incident. Remember to save your replay !

ALSO, Dont use "reset" to get the car back on the track.....there were a few examples last night of drivers resetting, but all it does is put you back on the race line of incoming drivers and it will end in tears for everyone !

I also have to say, there have been a few examples of drivers who have been legitimately passed, only to turn in on the passing car causing contact. If you lose the corner, give it up and live to fight next lap.....its good race craft to keep the fight going, dont end it with twisted metal and time penalties on one corner....

Also, Beakers vid below is interesting for a few reasons......1. all drivers getting passed are giving room, it shows you can brake late and still make the apex, HOWEVER, pass 2 could have ended in tears given he runs on through the corner...."had" contact been made this is a classic case of redressing and then getting back on with it....
    Will be on tonight again for another test / race run, all welcome to join if you see my room open, just ask for an invite.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  20. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    i bet ya it was that bloody @Giant slayer bloke ay @stucar17 , @CobMcCool ? :mad::x3:
    TheJuzzy and seth123 like this.