Season 5 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2016.

1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    If we're gonna run nordschliefe then we'll need to extend qualifying so that we can get at least one full hot lap in...

And I'm all for a nordschliefe round! If it included an overnight it would be epic!
    v8power383, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Nordschliefe should be the endurance round with a 1 lap shootout for quali?
    Set the Quali to like 30 mins and go out on order of lobby list, 2nd driver goes out after the first driver hits the sector one line? or something like that?
    v8power383 likes this.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    30 minutes is a tad excessive, 20 minutes is plenty enough for an outlap, lets say 8 mins for most Div's, then a flier around the 7:15's.
    Plenty enough time to give yourself room.
    Qualifying would be intense though, go for pole with Max Attack but risk invalidating your one and only lap, sending you to the rear.... will be epic!
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    "OntheoutsideAlbert" plenty of room for two wide around that left hander.
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Beau "That pass was terrifying"
    Me, "every pass around here is terrifying"
    Beau, "good point"

Hahaha!
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Am getting pretty close with this guys...did a heap of testing last night and getting well into the finer details so we can make a call on the final 7 tracks......will be released this sunday night (am aiming to release them before the meet and greet on sunday, however i will be heading back from down the coast so timing may be a slight issue if i am home later than planned..
    We have narrowed down to 10 tracks, and all still suit the car in 1 way or another
    Have been looking at this and all things considered, IF nordschleife makes it in i will not be running it as the enduro. Given the slightly smaller grid sizes this season (at this stage) im not sure that an hour and a half of running on your own (which happens to the bulk of runners) is a great way to spend the race....Qual could be 20 mins which will give everyone 1 flying lap for qual and run a 6 lap race with wear /fuel yet to be looked at....Will look at this tonight though so i can have all the info in front of me when we make a decision.

I think if it makes it in a standard round will still give everyone a little of what they want, enough time for the Nord lovers to get their fix, and not so long for the nord haters to feel like they need to go and find the nearest cliff to jump off ;)
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    As much as I love the green hell, it's not a track that's going to draw people in.
    An hour of lonely running is going to see most divisions end up like last seasons Div 1 with half the field quitting.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I think itll be a case of not throwing the toys out of the cot. Everyone has a track they dont like every now and then. Doesnt mean they dont race
    SPL Racing likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I tend to think that the lonely running has happened in the past, in the 2 or 3 races I have had there in the past it was like driving miss daisy ! Tonight a few of us tested in and I thought I did a decent lap, the beau can through 32 seconds faster !!!

TBH , the track felt OK in the Z4. I think a normal race, 6 laps might be ok, and that is why it's still in the mix of 10 at this stage. Will look at things again tomorrow, and highlight what needs to happen in 3 of th rounds with a compulsory pit stop.
    Zachery and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    lol beau was 30 secs a lap faster than me too. which means ill be fighting you the whole race on those times! :thumbsup:
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    was just stupid fast, on my third lap i was 3 sec up by the end of the first long straight in sector 1, but with 28 seconds just way out of my league !
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    So what was his time at the nurb?
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    6:44:711
  14. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    let me have a crack tonight. I take the car and track are as per season 5 regs?
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yes mate, non tune, i think i had the date as 20/2/2016 and the time was 3pm, weather clear.....

from memory track temp was 29*
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    cheers
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    bloody cold in february lol
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, was just the default date had been testing with for all the rooms....i think i mentioned to them changing either the start time (to midday maybe) or date change to get the track temp up to the early to mid 30s.....if you can come up with a date would be good and i can add to my info.....am down to 9 tracks at this stage....
  19. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    No probs. will advise tonight.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID

Viva la revolution!