Season 5 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2016.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Stu in regards to winding back to a short list could those of us that dont get a chance to be on every night or other night get a progress report on the tracks tested and the likelihood of them being used.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Isnt it enough work without having to give a daily report. I still didnt get an answer as to why we need to know before its officially released?

I have literally no idea of any tracks what so ever and it doesnt matter. Im genuinely curious as to why youre soo keen to know early?
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    So to ease your genuine curiosity Zharvs .... I get very limited chance to get on and practice compared to what I used to and if I were have some idea of what tracks to practice on in that limited time I now have so that I could try and find the 2 seconds sometimes more a lap that I am off the pace in the division that I have been in the previous 2 seasons.
    EDIT* I am sure I am not the only one who is in this situation who is basically an arrive and drive on a Sunday night
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    so jump on an hour before the race, work out your lines. its not like there's any tuning to be done. chances are you know most tracks anyway, so i don't see an issue. i rocked up half of last season drunk and with maybe 1-2 hours practice and was fine. generally doesn't take to long to work out braking zones etc if there is no tune.

Fact is, its planned to be released on M&G Night, and 98% don't seem to have an issue with it.
    to keep a level playing field (as much as possible) we all find out together. cant drip feed certain people who lack time, and not others.
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    That was the exact situation I found myself in last season and the season before could only get on at around 7 pm and I did what little I could... I guess I am not as naturally gifted as some others
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    When i took out season 3, i practiced nearly every night, spent all my time on the tune and less time enjoying it though.
    my mindset was, that if i didn't win, it wasn't worth the time.

Season 4, i didn't have the same level of results, but had more fun. i found it was less stressful when its not all about the wins, and a lot more enjoyable jumping on just to have some good fun races.
    of course i wanted to win, but my mindset was, that if i didn't win, it was still worth it. race for the battles, not so much the position, and you might find it more enjoyable.

That's the only advice i can offer if you're short on time.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Not sure if you ever saw it VARDZ, but i had a thread in Season 4 where i did commentated hotlap guides of each track to help people in your exact position..... 3minute videos to help you see where a Div1 is braking, positioning the car, what gear etc etc.
    I'll be doing the same for S5 so if you get 5 minutes during the week, might be worth a watch if your struggling. Only heard positive feedback from it so i hope it helps you too
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    are you gonna be doing that agin this season? they were handy!
    v8power383 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

The second last round I think it was where you had the brake and accelerator etc all displayed I found very helpful thanks so you can do that again.
    Hos the back coming along. Hope its all recovered
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Sadly theres alot more to it than the back but recovery is coming along. Finally got back to walking unassisted a few days ago and can race on the wheel on very low FFB, by the time S5 starts i should be without driving pain. Could be out of study and running for half a year at this point though :(
    Note taken on the Videos too, bit harder for me to make, but i'm happy to do it :)
    stucar17, garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Doesnt sound good man. Do they actually know what the issue is or still unsure?
    Making the veideos comes second to your health. Dont do them if its a pain (literally)
    Beau_Albert and Anthonyb like this.
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yeah we know whats causing it and i'm sadly on lifelong medication for it, its just the recovery time is huge. Only positive to come from this is my Year 12 exams will go under special consideration which is nice aha.
    Even if i need to race on a very small FFB on PCars, i'll find a way to get something up for everyone. :)
    garyw61 and Zachery like this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ah man. Well just gotta do what ya gotta do i guess.
    Nice extension for your exams is handy too.
    I gather youre not gonna let it slow your pace down then. Means my next season isnt gonna be any easiero_O
    Nah in all seriousness as long as youre okay thats the main thing.
    Anthonyb and Beau_Albert like this.
  16. Anthonyb

Thats no good at all mate don'tdo anything if it is painful. It was a big help but it is only a game and you are too young to have ongoing problems with your back or any other part of your body. @stucar17 has been known to pick up a pillow and end up in bed for days with a bad back:laugh:
    Look after yourself and only do it if your 100%
    v8power383 and Beau_Albert like this.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    my bad back is from carrying you for years !
  18. Anthonyb

Is that what you think it's from
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hope to get to this during this week guys and might release the short list so people can get a feel for the tracks. (maybe 10) we will still release the official schedule at the M&G. yes, you might find some but so will all the other guys who have days of practice above what others have......is no perfect way but i still feel this is the best way for the 'majority' of the community
    The_Spectre and Zachery like this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :p
    Anthonyb likes this.