Season 11 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 12, 2016.

1. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Couldn't get into the room so only got 1 1/2 laps in before qually started, qualified 12th (last). Managed to steal a couple of positions early & was 5th at the start of lap 18 when incey pitted, but it was all down hill from there. Pitted at the end of lap 18 (as planned). Cola had left the room due to lag & I left pit lane in 11th (last), & spent the rest of the race battling with sooby. Wolf & Half-Byte pitted on lap 28 & I just just past Wolf on his re-entry, I've now snuck upto 7th but Wolf & Byte with fresh rubber rounded me up pretty quickly (back to 8th after passing sooby again). Lap 36, planned pit stop BUT I'd been closing the gap on Wolf & Byte & sooby was right behind me. I had plenty of fuel & tyres were ok, not great, but ok. So I stay out hoping for either one of them to make a mistake & figure I'll pit when the tyres are no good or I run out of fuel. Lap 37 & sooby gives me some breathing space by pitting, & Byte has gotten away but I'm catching Wolf, SLOWLY. I pit at the end of lap 39 hoping 14 laps is enough to catch up. Exit pit lane in 10th right behind my companion for the race, sooby. Trying to drive too hard I made too many mistakes & finished 10th (last). Very disappointed after the race promised so much at different stages.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    but it got you thinkin' eh, thats what the enduro is about....apparently
  3. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Your doing real well for a driver who wanted to quit last season as you are seeing there is more to racing than just being quick my respect for you is growing because your learning to race getting quick will come. trust me respect on the track giving way and patience is far better than bumping someone just to get ahead then lose it at the next turn because you haven't thought it through once again it might not be much of a reward me saying this but I respect you. Regards Wolfy :cool:
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING R6 - Cote D'Azur

[​IMG]

PIT EXIT / ENTRY : Pit entry is fine, pretty straight forward. Exit, all drivers will have to be mindful of re-entry to the raceline, and cars approaching T1 at race speed. (Pit exit is on the main straight still and not after T1 like in the map)
    TRACK LIMITS : There is nowhere here to cut and gain an advantage. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times.
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Tough track to pass on. Be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, then make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that
    the hit boxes for some of the apex armco sticks out. If you do get stuck, try to ghost until the track is clear
    CONTACT : If you push someone offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or
    emmo46.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up
    off the racing line and ghost, and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)

Anything i have missed let me know
    Easyprey007 and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  6. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Really agree with the contact rule there should be no contact at all using someone else's car as a brake is very bad form. Waiting for the right moment to pass is really worth while adds to the race and give you a smile of satisfaction knowing you earned the points cleanly and not at someone else's misfortune that you have caused. :cool:
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    There will always be some contact in close racing. Nobody's perfect so redressing mistakes is the important thing for me.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  8. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Even when you might have to give up a few places it's good to have a clean slate. :cool:
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i race for a clean slate, but, I have come to the conclusion that aggressive blocking means the gloves come off, i have been forced to this in the last couple of seasons. i might give you a nudge in that circumstance and i wouldn't feel too bad about it.
  10. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
  11. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I don't block @incey therefore contact not needed why stoop to others bad racing:cool:
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    my comments were general wolfy, by 'give you a nudge' i didn't mean 'give wolfy a nudge' . in my opinion aggressive blocking is bad racing
  13. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I know I'm just saying I don't block. Blocking is BAD:cool:
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  16. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Good luck to everyone tonight. This is a nasty track to 'rub the wrong way' as everyone has discussed above...all you can do here for first lap or so is be polite to one another (ie elbows in), and let the 'race start' pan out...because of the different lines that can be taken, some gaps that may appear before you will soon close up just as quick...which can leave one stuck in the fence till the field has passed. Also chicanes and around swimming pool can stop a car 'dead' if you're not careful...can also ruin your race, and anyone close behind you, so please take care in this regard. Good luck all! See youse on the track!
    incey and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  18. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Internet died at home & I got dsc'd damn it. :(
  19. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Um...if anyone saved the replay from tonight I sure would appreciate a link...thx...
  20. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Feelin your pain max! I used to put money on my router winning every round a few seasons back...
    maximuscatticus likes this.