Season 11 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 12, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Have a look in the Race Results in the header. I put them there yesterday.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Weather round this week, so please take 5 mins to read the following to be up on the procedures for this event.

[​IMG]

TYRES : Racing Mediums/Inters/Wets
    You may start on any of the 3 tyres listed above, but be aware that when the track resets for the start of the race, the track wetness will go back to 0% regardless of what it does during qualifying. After that it is random what will happen.
    We have found that the Mediums are drivable until about 30% track wetness where they will them become like ice.
    Inters are better than wets up until about 70% track wetness
    If the track dries after being wet, even though track wetness shows 0%, there will still be 'puddles' off the racing line (determined by the driving line) and if you have the mediums on, there is a good chance to spin if you are off line.

QUALIFYING : Room Captains should set the Weather and Track Wetness to 100%, and changeability to Fixed for qualifying.
    After 10 mins qualifying record results and change Weather to 70%, Track Wetness to 0% and changeability to 4.
    Then lineup on track in order of qualifying results putting on the tyres you wish to start on.
    Choosing anything other than Mediums to start on is a gamble as we do not know if it will continue to rain and if it does, for how long.

TRACK LIMITS : Simple enough here with only Turn 13-14 with the ability to cut. Obviously, 2 wheels on the ripple strip applies.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : practice your entries and don't cut the lines on entry/exit
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : should be off in the room settings
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or emmo.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum. Blowing up in either will result in any protests from you being immediately dismissed!
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up off track and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it.

Anything i have missed let me know
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated qualifying for Motegi above

QUALIFYING : Room Captains should set the Weather and Track Wetness to 100%, and changeability to Fixed for qualifying.
    After 10 mins qualifying record results and change Weather to 70%, Track Wetness to 0% and changeability to 4.
    Then lineup on track in order of qualifying results putting on the tyres you wish to start on.
    Choosing anything other than Mediums to start on is a gamble as we do not know if it will continue to rain and if it does, for how long.
  6. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Does this mean there will be 100% wet track for qually?:cool:
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    CORRECT!
  8. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    That will make it a very interesting quali
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    is this a welcome back?
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  10. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    No I'm happy with practising during the week on the tracks but been doing gr8 times on this track.
    !00% Rain is fun. It will be a good quali. So good luck every one.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  11. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    thanks @Hatfield That is such a great intro - @Easyprey007 I hope you will give a bit more consideration to what I said last week. You have only lost one round which of course could be your drop round. I for one would like to see you back racing this weekend; as I am sure a lot of others would be.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    points gifting isn't a thing, and if we make it a thing, a can of worms is opened and it could decide championships
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We don't do random points reallocation.
  15. Veilside2jz

Veilside2jz New Recruit

PSN ID
    Veilside2jz
    Been unable to attend the last couple of races due to other commitments but have been reading up on the events and looks like some races have unfolded. Really pushing to get on tonight but practice has been non-existent up until today. So should be very interesting coming back to a wet race after so long off and little confidence after a dodgy season start But need those practice hours.
    Hatfield and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  16. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Hi guys. Won't be racing tonight. Had zero practice during the week. Good luck all.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  17. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Sorry guys had horrible lag tonight hope I didn't stuff anybodys race . Will only be racing in practice from now on till I get the nbn. Good luck all
  18. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Pulled that qualy from my butt lol
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Well holy schmoly!!!

Team RZR takes 1st and 2nd in Div 3 GT6! What a race, thought I would take a gamble and start on the inters after only managing to qualy in 5th after moon laid down an absolute stonker of a lap in the 100% water,

Got a bit swallowed up at the start and then halfway through the lap I hit one of those invisible Pcars walls and got turned around. Back to last.

Started cursing my tyre choice as the water % firmly stayed on 0% for a good 13 laps or so. Was making decent pace considering the tyre, and made up a few spots getting into 6th. Started chewing up my inters a little and then remembered about their still being water off line as it was still raining, so was going offline everywhere to keep the tyres from melting and it worked. A few laps later and the % water was still increasing and my lap time differential went from being in the negative to the positive and I was catching the guys in front, although they were nearly 50 seconds ahead.

I could see lots of offs by the people ahead and I squirmed into third spot. Only 8 laps remaining, could I catch the guys in front? I was making up bucket loads of time each lap, and with the gap down to less than 19 seconds, the 2 ahead pitted. I passed them on the straight and 2nd place emerged about 8 seconds behind me. By this time though, the water was still increasing and it was getting increasingly slippery on the inters. I was sure the guys behind me would have fitted wets and I waited for the inevitable. 3rd place Incey lost some time somewhere, so when moon (in 2nd) caught me, i let him through as I didn't want to hold him up too much. I battled on for some silly reason, my lap times growing larger by the lap. To my surprise, incey pitted again soon after, and then the next lap (with 2 to go) so did Moon. I was a lot closer though this time and as I made the rather ridiculous decision to keep going he emerged from the pits a good 19 seconds behind.

The last 2 laps were hell, the car had no grip whatsoever, I may as well have been on slicks. I lost 8 seconds to incey in one lap, and then by the back hairpin on the last lap, both incey & moon were on my tail. I though for sure I was a goner, but I managed to hold them off and beat moon to the line!!! What a finish!!

From last to first, and on one set of tyres!! Wonders will never cease.

Well done to moon as well for a great drive, some serious pace.
  20. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Hi Guys had an excellent race fell back because most of field started on rm's I started on inters the race track stayed on 0% rain for ten laps then the rain came I slowly picked my way through the field then the % went to 100% wet stayed on the inters kept my position until the end. Wow it was a really intense race really enjoyed from start to finish. :cool:
    Easyprey007 and JonoStan96 like this.