RACEONOZ Penalty Table

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Crunch has a valid point - ambiguity in rules can lead to inconsistent application. Inconsistent application leads to a bad time for everyone.
    There is nothing wrong with attempting to improve the regulations such that they are applied consistently in the way they are written. There is no point complaining about the rules after you've been hit by them, nobody will take you seriously. As the table is still under construction now is the time to be attempting to improve it.
    Having tried to write a rule book, in some cases it is nearly impossible to write regulations to exactly identify where the lines are due to the wildly different situations and scenarios found in racing, so you have to chuck in an "at stewards discretion" and trust in your stewards team. Grey area can be an issue, however if Stewards are consistent in their treatment of Grey area everything works out well.
    Writing clear regulations, then having a well defined penalty table leaves less work for Stewards, so minimising it is in our interest, however we will always have to trust in the stewards to do their job, no matter how black and white the rules and table are.
    Personally I'm happy to allow Stewards to have discretion on matters that are particularly tricky to define, mostly because all the guys here are reasonable and haven't given reason to distrust them, in addition, with a public thread that allows us to see what incidents resulted in what action, anyone can keep track of how similar issues are dealt with and in turn learn more about the 'grey' area in stewarding.

So to summarise, I'm happy with the Penalty table that the guys have come up with and congratulate the team on unifying and simplifying what breeches result in what action, and I thank those who have contributed to the discussion in an attempt to improve it.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Please @Crunch ... and I mean this sincerely and honestly... Write up a complete rules & procedures using the penalty table and links as guidelines (the penalties have to remain the same)

This would really help me as I don't have too much time in my life to write up anything more complex than already completed. :)

I look forward to see what you come up with, and hopefully it can be used for many seasons to come :)
    KoAStR, Zachery, Crunch and 4 others like this.
  3. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I love free speech. A penalty table is needed there has been too much said about so called racing incidents we have a opportunity to set something up that will stop a lot of blame going on. Now if the penalty table is enabled then it can be improved on right now what is there? Once a protest is in place all will know about it and then the result will be there for all to see. A transparent judging takes away all finger pointing. Once again I point out that the transparency of judgements will be self explanatory but this can only happen with a penalty table. @Hatfield table is a excellent place to start if you have something to add to his or improve his now is the time to SPEAK :cool:
    Crunch, Half-Byte and Anthonyb like this.
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Yes, I do. I was completely flabbergasted last season during the protest procedure.

--

I'm glad @StigsTC has given an appropriately thoughtful comment. I really struggle to work out what is satire and what is not sometimes. This is a serious conversation, that when all the work is done, doesn't need to be talked about again for a while. That's how it works in business as well. You get the sticky questions over with first, negotiate the contract, then get on to the fun stuff of the actual performance (of the contract). But you need protections first.

I've got a completely free day today, so I'll write up something for a few hours right now.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Point taken :thumbsup:
    I can only speak from personal experience, and for me that has been good (have had a couple protest involvements)

i look forward to reading your write up, and hope we can all come to some sort of understanding prior to the new seasons taking place.
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am really looking forward to see what you come up with :)
    WOLFYDADDY007 and Zachery like this.
  7. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    wow everyone is so much more intelligent than i am
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    lol Im just here to race
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm not only impressed, im in shock. Pure shock. 21 pages of regulations....thats impressive.....now let me find my jaw.....
    Crunch likes this.
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Credit where credit is due, that is very thorough from what i am seeing from the opening pages, so top job there.
    Just one constructive criticism i have is to perhaps dumb things down a little. I joined ROOZ when i was 15 and there are/have been others much younger than that. Some of the language might be a little too sophisticated for some readers, even now i am checking over a few words to be sure of their meaning!
    Other than that, i'm only seeing good things! :thumbsup:
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Thanks.

Would you have an idea on how to go about that though? The only thing I wrote myself was the preamble. Everything else is an existing regulation as it currently stands substantively, and when i edited things, I tried to make it clearer and not harder to read.

EDIT: I should also go through the things yet to be completed:

Good racecraft guide is completely unedited. It has many grammatical errors.
    The highlighted parts are where I feel something is outdated or wrong.
    A lot of the General Rules and Regulations are outdated in general. The way the league was run was very different ages ago.
    Finally, the protest system and penalty system is yet to be finalised so that's needs updating when that's been decided upon
    Error in section5A.p) (pg 11) and the title 'Change Log' on pg 21.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Awesome work Crunch, well done mate, a very comprehensive and professional looking draft of the rules and regs. I think something like this is well worth the effort and will make it easier for everyone to understand what is expected of them and what can and cannot be done as well as what to expect if they break the rules.
    I will add though, that in my 20 odd years of racing experience, both as a competitor and a steward in karting, it matters little how black and white you make the rules and penalties, as long as people have to make a judgment call, everything is subjective and there will always be some who agree and some who do not on any given incident. There are very few occasions where both parties agree who is at fault.
    Still, great work mate and I cant wait to see the final version.
  15. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
  16. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Nice work crunch :thumbsup:
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I like this a lot, usually something like this has been pushed aside or deemed unecessary in the past (if it ain't broke...) so I hope this document will be added to the site somehow, it's long overdue.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  18. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Well done crunch love the way you have incorporated so many different things this is a very good start anyone can now be told where they went wrong and how the penalty will be applied this also takes away the responsibility of others saying it's not fair no no no no you did the crime now do the time. Excellent also in the management of replays "oh but it was lag" no the race will be under review and then any incidents as per real racing will be applied after race I know this will be a headache for a short time but once started then there will be a very clean racing environment which all will enjoy instead of everyone trying to win they can now start racing those immediately in front and behind and have a good racing battle no matter where you are in the field wether in the top 5 or the bottom 5. REALLY LOVE YOUR WORK @Crunch :cool:
    JonoStan96 and Half-Byte like this.
  19. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Nice one @Crunch
    Only suggestion I could make is to define the word "contact".
    Can be a huge grey area.
    ie. Both brushing elbows with someone beside you at the movies, and two front rowers coming together in Origin, are both contact, but vastly different.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Any "CONTACT" deemed by the arbitrator could result in a penalty. If your not able to pass without contact don't do it or suffer the consequences if they give you a penalty for just a rub you have no recourse yother than to cop it on the chin. Races are like the road the guy behind has all the responsibility to do the overtake correctly and safely. On the other hand the one in front can't just change lines this to could be considered for a penalty. This is why driving between the lines is very important this rule has been flagrantly abused in ROOZ. F1 has proven that certain drivers get upset at the end of a race when the penalty accrued at the end of the race cost them places. :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.