Season 12 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I had the 2nd slowest lap on the night for the race! I was just lucky during qualifying and was pushing as I had nothing to lose.
    The battle is on! I just need to stay consistent. I could have had 2nd in the opening round.
    arakasi- and emmo46 like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This was one of the tracks I thought I could beat you but it wasn't to be. That lost 2nd at Leman could be costly for you in this close battle. I am really enjoying it. Every race is going to count.
  3. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Looking back at all the other seasons, you should know that all my loses count :) Anyway, I should be better at Spa. I'm dreading RedBull as well.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm really looking forward to the Red Bull Ring and hope I'm still in contention by then, however I have to make sure I don't stuff it up like I did last night. If Poppin keeps going the way he is he may be off to Div 2 for the last two races and then we'll be racing for the lead. Those extra points for the wins are probably going to decide 2nd place in the championship.
  5. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    * lobbies to move emmo to div2 *
    *grin*
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The way things are developing Poppin may be off to Div 2 after round 5. you may want to make sure you have wrung the joker juice out of him by then.;)
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I did my penance there last season. If I go I'm taking you with me.;)
  8. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yes. A joking remark to keep me in div3 did keep me in div3, though I wouldn't have minded racing with you in div2.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Would have made it more interesting than chasing the pack hoping somebody falls off for most of the season.
  10. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I think we should return the room back to it's normal programming. Don't think the newbies want to listen to us oldies reminisce about how things were/could have been :) :p
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ah, the good old days. Over and out.;)
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I've gotta stop looking at the race times, I had 2nd best race time and 2nd best combined times but still managed to come 5th for the night.:thumbsdown:
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I'm just taking solace in the fact that I'm at a end of the results table. Not the correct end mind you, but an end nonetheless.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That was another disappointing night for me in this car. I thought I had done enough in practice... did a qually lap in moon's early room of 41.1 but couldn't match it again even after pitting in qually. PB qually before Sunday was actually 41.095. Put it down to race night jitters.
    The lack of doing laps with others during the week is really taking its toll. I struggle with this car in someones draft and once again this is where I came undone. Stupidly I had a brake marker for turn one that was obscured if i was following someone which happened to be most of the time.
    Me and moon were pretty equal on pace, I had him in some places he had me in others so I could never make a good run stick. Once I got careles behind moon in race 1 i just kept falling back. Finsihed with tyres on 4 which was horrible.
    Race 2 I got bumped off in a turn two incident and went form 4th to last by a long way. Never got back into it. I did enjoy @disturboed 's antics though. Very interesting lines on occasion :D
    Well done @POPPINFRESH1234 . its a sign of greatness to win both rounds in a sprint round. Also congrats to @Bluemoon you handled the pressure like a pro. You actually made me crack which is good work from the lead position.
    @hugkat on debut was awesome, your racing is very clean and fast, I can only imagine the nerves on your first night but you handled it very well.
    @halfbyte i was impressed by your drive as well. definetly a well deserved podium
    and bloody @WOLFYDADDY007 thats the last time you beat me this season:p
  15. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Such a Great Race! I was surprised that I managed to pull out the race I did. Very clean and smooth race. I feel for those who did go off but you did all try your best to recover well done everyone!

Race 1 was one of the best races I have ever had. The tension was so high! I thought that I was honing to crack with @emmo46 on my tail until he unfortunately had a spin. After that I had to calm myself down, but once that had happened I was happy and content with a 5th place, watching @incey and @Bluemoon battle it out was ridiculously tense. But whatever happened up front allowed me to slide into place for 3rd which I was astonished with.

Race 2 however was a different story. After perfecting my turn 1 entry throughout the week, I was confident! However my steering wheel didn't think so much :p Lap 3 or so my G29 decided to do its thing and recalibrate sending me off into the sand at turn 1 which allowed everyone behind last including @incey and @disturboed. But even after that I managed to climb up and finish in 7th for a 1 place gain!

Again very well done by everyone
    emmo46 and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  16. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I'm surprised I didn't crack first, given my history. You don't know how frequent I had to keep reminding myself not to lose it. Hence the slower lap speed compared to qualifying.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING R4 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 17 LAPS - WEATHER ROUND
    24 HR TIME CYCLE

[​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.
    There are many places to be careful of including Turns 1, 5, 12, 16, 18-20

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

QUALIFYING : 100% track wetness and fixed changeability will be run for qualifying. Qualifying will start in the dark at 100% and transition into morning. This means that the room will be reset to change the settings back to 0% wetness and changeability 4 for the race, and we will need to manually lineup. Room captains should take note of the qualifying positions so that the lineup can be organised efficiently

STARTING TYRE : You may start on whichever Racing Tyre you choose. I would recommend starting on the SOFT compound as the track will start dry and weather settings generally mean the track will start to get wetter, BUT it is random as to whether it gets heavier or lighter. You may gamble and start on the INTERS, or WETS, BUT this is a big gamble.

PASSING : Use your heads ! If a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. DONT dive bomb with a crazy pass. ;).

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

PIT LINES : max 2 wheels over the unbroken white lines

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those on your lap. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, but in front of those who have 'parked up' if you completed more laps.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
  18. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    It seems I have a bit of catching up to do to get to turbo :p
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Not that far away matey, couple more top 5 finishes and you'll be right up there. I'll be missing the last round too due to being in Melbourne so that sprint round is really going to hurt me.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys,
    something for you to think about for next week....

Apparently its a public holiday in 4 states for next weeks round....

Please let us know early if you cant race, if there are lots away we will look to postpone for a week

If you could discuss tonight in your lobby would be good

Stu