Season 12: Division 1 (Apex King's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, ditto. Got a shock a few times when suddenly there was a car behind or beside me. Had to keep focus on the course map. Working pedals make a huge difference Nat. Look forward to more battles at Suzuka!!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm looking for more Competitors to the Pussycat Sprint Night, all welcome.
    FORMAT : 3 x 13 lap sprints, qualifying order for first race, second and third races reverse grid.
    TRACK : Grand Valley East
    CAR : Jaguar XK-R unmodified except for colour and wheels
    DATE : 18th September, Qually at 8:20, Race start 8:30
    REGULATIONS: Tyre/fuel fast, weak slipstream, weak penalty, Tyres Sports Soft, grip real
    POINTS will be awarded each race @ 10, 8, 6, 5, 4 .3, 2, 1. Tied results will be decided in favor of those that finished ahead in the first sprint.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys,
    Was planning on making my comeback this week for the enduro, but with only a few weeks left If you want me to sit out and not affect any possible championship positions just let me know. It also depends a little on the ps3 playing nice !! $50 and 2 weeks away it seems the problem hasn't been fixed so its a lottery as to whether the disc will read.

If you want me to wait please speak up !
    Stu
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Pull your head in Stu, you're racing son and that's that. $50 could have nearly bought you a 2nd hand PS3...you need to put a boot up someone's a$$!!
    Ad2mny and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lol, yeah not happy. He said if it still plays up he will use what I paid already and not charge any more for a replacement drive. Will see what happens when I load it tonight.

Also don't want to mess anyone up if I cause any network issues. Will cross that bridge when it comes.

Looking forward to racing again though. got into the 15.8s last night a few times but that's it for pace.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Look, i'm not sure i want you stepping in and upsetting my championship strangle hold on last place!! :)
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lol, I will happily take that from you mate.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Nah, I'd love to see you make a return mate. Haven't raced with you since the Season 10 enduro which you won!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Damn, another booze-up to go to on Sunday.

I will get a sober race in sometime soon...
    OverDrivve and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Oooooooooh, hangover - Suzuka - enduro ...... Ouch !!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    This is how you drive an NSX around Suzuka!
    stucar17 and S_CLOSE like this.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Jesus that was hard work, only ever battling for 4th though, top 3 too fast.

CLEVO!! Stu's fastest laps was 2:15.024.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Clevohead likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bloody hell, what a return !
    Getting into the room i was like :), after qual i was like :rolleyes:, race start i was :D, up to 5th i was :):D, first spin i was :eek:, back to last i was :mad: then bounced around in the bottom 3 i was :( !!

Top 3 guys way too good, tooo fast and too consistent.

After taking about 9 or 10 loads to get the disc to read i was in, happy days. Qualied 7th, which i was happy with, hoping for some guys to fall off the road in front. First corner was good, no touching at all, back to 8th with Tek up my clacker. After about 6 laps i think anon and Stig had the regulation spin round here, so i was up to 5th i think, until i spun on lap 8..........about 3 times. :mad:

The rest is a bit of a blur really....pitted on lap 13, and lap 27, but with my mistakes was really pushing it uphill to finish any higher than 7th.....was on track till i ran out of fuel with 3 to go.

Last 2 laps got stuck behind warrior (yes i know you dont read that very often LOL ) who was a lap up after my top up, and not wanting to get in his way had to settle to finish behind natman..... (if muster and rotor were closer i would have pulled over and got right out of it warrior, but i saw you had a gap, but didnt go for the pass unsure if you could see me and didnt want to put my car anywhere near yours!)
    Only upside was a 15 flat i ran on the last lap.......new tires and no fuel helped !!

Anyway, was good to get back into it again,
    will see how i go with the PS this week, hopefully can get into it again next round
    Stu
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

lol I was tail gaiting u pretty hard quite few times during that race stu :p I was literally 5 millimetres behind for a few corners in a row at times trying to pressure you into having an off.
    Hard to get a clean pass in if u don't have the raw pace, I knew I wasn't fast on new tyres but felt I was saving them ok and had decent pace on worn ones.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, both times i spun and let you through i was watching you behind me rather than hitting my marks.......Very frustrating !

Got me buggered how i screwed my fuel up......did a couple of 13 lap stints in prac and it used just under half a tank....first stop i put in about 35 LTRs second stop i put in 40 i think, and still ran out.......unless i'm going mad, which is possible.
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    N64 has a bit on his plate this week and won't be able to give me a race report, would one of you fine gents be capable of getting me a race report with some pics for this weeks ROOZ News?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    That's got to be one of the best races this season for me. First stint was trying to stay behind Warrior and save some fuel but made an error into T1 putting me 3 seconds behind. Then the next few laps were quite average with a few mistakes. Ended up have some little battles with Cyber which were clean as!

On the 10th lap I made my first stop being 7.5 seconds behind Warrior. Think I put roughly 19L of fuel in and went out. When Musta and Warrior made their stops I was quite surprised to be 8 seconds ahead! As expected Musta was gaining on me and by the end of my 2nd stint he had closed the gap to 3.5 seconds. Can't really remember much of the 3rd stint but do remember being quite consistent and getting a lot of 2.14's. Towards the end I was losing time again as I was on older tyres so I decided I would pit on lap 29 and not 30.

For the last stint I was pushing hard. When I came out I was 18 seconds behind Warrior but could see a gap between him and Musta. So I believed 2nd was achievable! During this stint I did a 14.2 followed by my fastest un-assisted lap of a 14.042. I saw on the map that Musta had company but wasn't sure who it was. Saw a spin and thought, OMG this is my chance. Caught up and had realized it wasn't Musta - Should've known better!

I was getting closer and closer to Musta though and on lap 38 I had gotten past quite easily thanks to my fresher tyres. However coming out of Dunlop I went a bit wide trying to get away from Musta and half spun, giving Musta back his spot. I carried on trying to catch him and by the start finish line I was beside him again. He took the centre of the track trying to make me go round the outside into T1 but I had decided to go up against the pit wall instead. Broke into T1 earlier then normal giving Musta some space and then coming into T2 I thought Musta was going to get a really good exit to have a go at T3 but never happened thankfully! This time around I was extremely focused on not making a mistake as I was sure Musta didn't have much left on his tyres!

I do feel as if this is the one that got away (Only thanks to stratergy) but who knows maybe I can get the pits right at Spa!
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  18. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    2:13.9??? how the hell do you push a nsx around suzuka so quick?
  19. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Magic my friend, magic
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Apologies guys. Drinks turned in to more drinks, turned in to dinner, turned in to more drinks.

Paying for it now too...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.