Season 12: Division 1 (Apex King's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Will work out ladders and drop rounds tomorrow night.
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Really fantastic race last night. Well done to mustafur for the pole, you definitely had the better pace in the full wet conditions. Also really great drive by rotor who came from 13 seconds down at one stage to be fighting for the win in the closing laps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both Mustafur and I pitting on lap 7, 1 lap after rotor who was making good progress on the soft soft tyres in the still tricky conditions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just getting there by a nose after starting the final lap from 3rd place, I got the run on rotor out of les combes and into took 2nd into bruxelles, then trying to chase down mustafur I got in his draft while he protected the inside line through blanchimont, he made a slight error in carrying too much entry speed and ran wide on exit but still had the inside line into the final chicane. I was initially planning to cut back under but he didn't brake as deep as I thought so I was able to go deeper and hold the outside line, we were then side by side through the right hander and mustafur was able to get a slightly better exit. but it wasn't enough.

A really fantastic series, thanks to all the mods for organising and running it, and thanks to the gamesmen for sponsoring.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    What tyre strategy did you Div 1 guys run?
  4. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Full rain tyres untill lap 6/7 for most of us - then softs afterwards. Track would've been 40-50% wet when pit stops occurred disturbed
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good race, bit up and down in pace wise, but it provided a good battle at the end.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks for the season guys. I must admit that I felt a bit out of my league this season, and didnt really gel with the car. It will be good to get back to a lower div next season to be a bit more competitive. It is good to see that there is some good talent to come up from div 2 to keep the quick boys honest.

Apologies to everyone's way that I got in this season, especially tek and Stu Sunday night. Sorry Stu, just finished taking tek out, and when I finally re-gained control, my rear vision mirror was full of you.

Although not a good season for me, I did have some fun, memorable racing at times,especially with Joe, and also a great battle with cyber at the burger ring.

Congrats to warrior, just way to quick. Good to see the return of Stu, without any loss of pace too.

Thanks to cyber and anon for making things run smoothly every week, been fun. Now, on to the Citroen!
    tekNique, JonoStan96 and WAC like this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All good gary, these things happen.

My race was an exercise in frustration management ! With very little prac which i need to hold the mid pack i qualified 9th i think, with only Tek (i think) behind me.

I was very cautious off the start, and broke about 100m early into one, thankfully Tek was way left so didnt hit me. Coming into Eau rouge i managed to hit the wall on the left, trying to stay out of trouble, and see where the hell i was going...... Rotor got past me on the straight after it looked like he ran out of fuel after the first corner.....so i was back to last just trying to hold onto the bloody thing !

On lap 2 i was at the back of the train, (i think rotor, gary, Tek, stig and ????) when Gary spun and i managed to run up his tailpipe instead of hitting the 12 acres of road or runoff that i could have gone over.......from there i lost the draft and it became a case of just trying to stay on track, and hoping that some of the guys in front would fall off the road. I think the only one was Tek, and we had a good battle at the back, where i was just trying to maintain the gap to hold 7th.

I pitted on lap 8 and managed to throw it off the road once or twice, and tek got to withing a few secs, but he had a failure at Eau Rouge and gave me a gap i could maintain till the end.

Love the track, HATE the rain ! Cudos to Warrior, Musta and Rotor up front for what looked like a fantastic, clean and close battle for the win. Real credit to you guys being that quick, but not having any issues with contact.

Again to Warrior, well done on another Championship. I will do my best to get some other fast guys involved in the league to try to keep you in check with Mustar and rotor as well. To the guys i have had battles with in the few races i had, thanks, been good to get back on track, even if it is mind numbing watching the front runners pull 1 or 2 secs a sector !

Cyber, Anon and Clevo, thanks for keeping the wheels turning and doing all that you do.
    See you all season 13
    Stu
  8. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Well done Warrior on destroying the season with what should've been a clean sweep if it wasn't for your DC at Monaco!
    And congrats Musta on 2nd - nothing I could've done after you won Monaco realistically. Winning Spa would've made my loss look a little better... but yeah sucked a lil too much when it counted... Hopefully next season I can score a few more 2nd places lol..

And thanks to all the guys who organise the seasons, tally points and write up the 'ROOZ news' segments.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Though all the craziness that was this week, I've forgotten to be courteous!

I must say congrats to warrior for trouncing all of us. You are simply too fast. Waaaay too fast. XD
    Thanks to Cyber and Anon for controlling the rooms nicely, thankfully we did not have any sort of the connection issues that plagued us in Season 11. Thanks to all the drivers whom I battled hard with, especially rotor in Monaco for 2nd place. That was awesome.

Hopefully with the new car a changing of the guard will begin!

Cheers, Jono.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good season, its my best season on Rooz to date, got 2 poles and a win which i felt is a good acheivement considering there is warrior in this Division.

I had a few errors which could of cost me quite a bit of points but fact is I need to.improve my race pace to stand a chance against warrior.

Well deserved championship for warrior and is dominating it.like vettel, except there is no doubt that warrior is the best driver on the grid.

Good championship battle with Rotor too, he has definetely improved in speed when it comes to unmodified racing.

The Rookies showing good potential for future seasons especially N64 and Natman i can see them.being up the front very soon battling for the wins and Anon was definetely at his best i have seen this season being right behind to capitalize on any incidents the top 3 would get into.

Thanks to Cyber for hosting the races, Anon for posting the results, Clevo for posting the standings and Stu for pretty much everything.

Definetely the best season for Division 1 i have been involved in thus far.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  11. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    You and I have different ideas of awesome :p. I'll let you know this is what I wanted to do the whole race :D http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x478/9-3e/tvimages/2013/mon/sunpic20.jpg

Only because the NSX suits me Musta - once we get stuck with some understeering awesomeness I'll fall back to Div 2 pace... again.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Then I'd have to do this: XD
    image.jpg
  13. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Haha well it's better then a punch in the face :p