Season 12: Division 1 (Apex King's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lol, don't you hate that !!
    garyw61 likes this.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Sorry for my no show last night guy's - all day digging holes and concreting in posts left me shattered.
    Judging by those lap times i would have been left in the dust by the 2nd lap anyway.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All good joe, I managed to get that last spot off you !!!
    WAC likes this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'll give you a quick one, won't be as long as the usual.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks mate, anything will be better than nothing.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Completely winged that strategy, can't believe how perfect i got the fuel on, seconds from going red when i past the finish.

Pretty dissapointed with the result, first stint everything was going good, and was able to stay with warrior at the end of the stint i felt i had a bi
    t more pace too not sure if he was backing off or not, pitted on lap 12 as i was ahead and i didn't want him to undercut me, put in around 30 litres anf in the 2nd stint i was making mistakes all over the shot, i barely practised for this round so i was mainly going off warriors lines at the start and this stint i felt killed my race, i only got 1 lap in yhe 14s the rest was all 15s and worse, after rotor pitted warrior was catching me at over 1 second a lap, so i undercutted again hoping to.be next to him after the stops, warrior left the pits about 4 seconds ahead and from there slowly increased the gap with slightly newer tyres, i could see rotor catching rapidly with fresh tyres on his 3 stopper and i made a mistake around lap 36 on the last chicane and it brought him right next to me, i tried my hardest to defend but it was hopeless my tyres where on the end of their life, he made a mistake and i got ahead again but he was able to zip right past agian.
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    To help with my report, can you guys let me know roughly where and when the exciting bits happened in your race, a la Musta above.
  8. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    I did a lil self report on the previous page - basically lap 38 was where it all happened for me anyways
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    T1 around lap 2 or 3 rotorwent wide, deomoting him to 3rd.

Warrior span around lap 14 i think at 130R

I went wide last chicane lap 36 i think.

Thats what i know.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  10. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Great racing last night. Pole was 2:13.810, I nailed 130R on that lap, could not have dobe it any better and so close to binning it at the same time.
    [​IMG]
    Grid Order was - warrior, mustafur, rotor, Anon, Cyber, Natman, Stuart, teknique and N64.
    [​IMG]
    Solid start and everyone managing to get through the first corner and the esses cleanly.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 2 and Anon losses it on the the exit of 130 R, great recovery to come back to finish 4th.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lap 13, I just managed to save it, I couldn't believe I did.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 14, Didn't save it this time and cost myself about 5 seconds.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 37 Rotor takes 2nd
    [​IMG]
    Lap 38 Rotor goes wide in the dunlop curb giving the place back to mustafur
    [​IMG]
    Final lap, Mustafur unable to hold off rotor on newer tyres

I don't think there was much difference between a 2 stop or 3 stop strategy, maybe 3 stop being a couple seconds faster. I pitted on laps 13 and 26 putting in 50 and 30 litres, which was on the edge as I had to roll out of the throttle on the last stint to make it.
    garyw61 and Anon666 like this.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'm going to steal all your pic's Warrior... well there's one there I might leave behind.
  12. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Can someone please send me the reply by any chance? Thanks in advance!
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The reply to what?
  14. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Replay* my bad
  15. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    could you send me a copy of it too? my psn is sparklehead83 as well
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [​IMG]
    Some hot times. Well done to Nat, ah I mean pace and qual, result not so good. Was a good race, couldn't use the slow time down feature?? Ohh that's GTA5...
    Ad2mny, garyw61 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, Joe. Pole was Warrior I'm pretty sure, but there was trouble with Warrior being a bit invisible. Can someone confirm pole please.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah a good race guys.

Congrats to the podium, just too quick guys.

In short, I quallied 4th I think which was a big surprise, with a 37 dead (about). Was pretty happy with that, but after turn 1 I was back in about 8th I think after a bit of argy bargy, and me trying to move my handbag onto the passenger seat !

By about lap 4 a few in front had fallen off the road so I was up to 4th with anon breathing down my neck, lap 8 i let him go on the front straight, and try to tuck in behind to pull me along and save my tires. All was going to plan till lap 14, when I was thinking how fast warrior was going, I missed the 100 m board and threw it into the barriers at the chicane. :confused: That cost me about 10 seconds on anon, and after my pit had put 64 in front of me.

Second stint I was in 6th, and SLOWLY closing in on N64, with about 6 to go I was just in the draft and ran 2 wheels into the sand on the back straight which lost me the time I had made up :mad: Next lap I dropped it properly going through turn 2, and again cost myself about 6 or 7 secs.

I pushed for the last 5 laps, but just couldn't get close enough to have a crack, finishing about 1/2 sec behind 64.

Shoulda finished higher, coulda if I didn't drop it twice, woulda if I had more talent ;)

Good race though, love that track. Laps 2 till about 6 were crackers, close racing in a pack is always enjoyable.

Well done to warrior who I think has wrapt up another championship, and musta and rotor who kept him honest.

Looking forward to next week at spa. Hopefully we have another full grid, and joe has a bit more luck.
    Stu
    Ad2mny likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.