Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

good luck all, bear with me tonight, haven't done a race in months lol so apologies if a bit rusty, cya there
    Mister_Bond_747 and stucar17 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thats why i put you in Class B mate......;)
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    @stucar17 don't think i read this in your last post, but please confirm Pits are closed during quali? Think i read that somewhere.... Cheers mate :) Good luck tonight!
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    you got it beau.....am willing to place bets that someone will go in and not know the rules......who wants a bet ? :p:D
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I did that once, yeah, don't do what I did when you're desperate!
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Pole: warrior2167 - 1:55.983
    [​IMG]
    13th fastboysmith - Lap 10 (1:56.9)
    14th TRL_holl01 - Lap 7 (1:55.872)
    15th tbwilliams - DNS
    [​IMG]

Congrats rotor for an awesome drive, and that had to be the best and closet final lap. Going side by side through stowe (which I was just able to hold to outside line by have rights barely on the kerb) I though I had it once I made that move and then to see you hold it around the outside at vale caught me by surprise, such awesome driving mate.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Combine an inability to qualify, a lack of pace and being forced to pit twice and this is the result:
    [​IMG]
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Soo close yet soo far, I reckon the Track position from starting at the front with the softs was the difference at the end of the day, the gap was soo close at the end but the tyres had nothing left on the last lap and were basically worn hards.

Good win Rotor with your hard earned win over warrior, im sure this race will be epic to see in the replay.
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Also Warrior your replay is showing the wrong tyres for everyone lol.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    That happens. I think it has to do with port forwarding or something. @DekGT5mad knows though.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What, you realized your spiderman ?
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I wish, then I'd be able to make my tyres last a bit longer
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorry for the muck around guys. Visitors left and I though just maybe I had time to get in. My initial msg to rotor after getting the incompatibility error said that I was willing to let you guys go, so thank you for giving me the chance to get in, but it seems it wasn't to be. Will be talking to Dek in the comming days to try and get my connection back to Nat 2. It has slipped back to 3 and I have no idea why and cant fix it myself.
  14. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Woo hoo!!! Very happy with tonight, all went rather smoothly and had a nice little scrap with Mint with a few laps left for 4th :D Had one minor collision with Bond sadly, i screwed up Stowe and that meant he was right on my gearbox so when i messed up the entrance to maggotts he what looked to of been unable to see his apex, went wide and off into the grass which then spun him to the infield, so i apologize for that mate but not much i could of done about it :'( Hopefully everything goes a little smoother getting rooms up for Tokyo, was a bit of a disaster tonight!!! Cheers guys and after watching the replay, Congrats to the two winners Rotor for P1 and Warrior for never backing down, you two were the class of the field and if thats how every race is going to be..... well its gonna be one heck of a season! See you all on the streets of Tokyo :)
  15. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Pretty disappointed dsc while leading after capitalising on warriors error. Built up a nice 2 second gap.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Thanks Warrior! ;)

That was a tuff one! I knew it would be, but also didn’t think I could pull off a win… I’m still surprised myself!

Quali was alright for me, I chose to do the Soft stint first starting in P3, 2 tenths down on pole that was ok I was pretty happy with that… The start of the race I got off to a good start but some reason I got abit of lag and it slowed me down a heap! Fastboy and Alpha got past me into T1… I was able to get into a rhythm pretty quick, the next lap Alpha went wide into Luffield and I was able to sneak up the inside.. The next lap after that I was able to get past Fastboy on the inside at The Loop, from here Warrior had about a 2-3 second gap, I just put my head down and tried to close the gap to Warrior and Dan before the first pit stops (during this time Dan dropped out), I ended up getting on the bumper of Warrior on lap 10… Then my tyres were gone, and so was warrior.. Pulling about 1 second gap back out I had to do something, I knew you lost a heap lot of time if you went for another lap so I made a choice to pit and it was the right one!

Warrior pitted a lap later, and got done a little in the pits by traffic losing about a second. I had done a pretty good out lap as I knew I had a chance to be in front… And I was.. I had about a 1.6 second lead I couldn’t believe it! I put my head down and just tried to be consistent as I could be, I ended up pulling a 2.4 second gap over 8 laps and then it happened… I lost concentration within 2 laps Warrior was in my mirrors… On lap 20 Warrior had a go at the end of Wellington Straight into Brooklands, he went a little too deep and I was able to cut back on the inside! :) Then I had 4 laps of fighting off Warrior.. FUN! :D My tyres where shot, Mustafur was coming like at us like a steam train, my pants were starting to turn brown and didn’t know how much longer I could hold off Warrior and IF Mustafur was going to catch us, could he get past?… I kept faith Mustafur wasn’t going to catch us and made my car as wide as possible placing the car in all the right spots!

So far so good, I was able to keep Warrior behind me, he was putting so much pressure on me trying to make me crack but it just wouldn’t happen! Then onto the last lap he was in striking distance and waiting very patiently and he made his move out of Chapel onto Hanger Straight, he got a better exit and we were side by side I had the inside and I knew I had track position and I could still make it work into Stowe however he was still there (giving as much room as possible), we were still side by side and he got a better exit than me he got a touch in front (I was thinking NOOOOOOO all this hard work he is not taking this from me!!!!) into the vale I wanted the outside into vale so I could try to get the inside into T17… I got it! Perfect braking! I don’t think Warrior was expecting it! I had the inside into T17 and had the run into the final corner across the line… wow.. it was soooo intense!

That would have to be the most fun and exciting finish for my ROOZ career EVER! Side by side all the way from Hanger Straight into the Vale… The 1st position changed 6 TIMES on the last lap in the last few corners!

I want to praise Warrior for his hard clean racing! You are always great fun and fair to run side by side with the wheel! :)

Also WD to MINT for the FL, Bad Luck to Dan for dropping out. Of course you had a lot of pace as usual and I’m sure it would have been a different ending had you not dropped out…
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    ** RACE UPDATE - A POST RACE protest has been launched. The race results are not final yet, will post the final results once a decision has been made**
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Happy to see you get the win mate. Deserved fully.
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yeah, that's been happening for me for the whole of GT6, don't know if it's a widespread issue. At least we have the automatic 100 second penalty for not changing compounds.

Being the first race of the season, I though the softs would be the safer option to start on. Qualifying weren't well and I surprised my self with the pole as I usually don't nail my 1st lap.

My race start was and 1st half a lap was excellent, until I made an error allowing Dan an inside pass, I didn't fight him for it knowing there was a bit of a gap back to fastboysmith at the time. With that gap it allowed me to slow my pace down for the next four laps until Rotor had caught back up.

To keep Rotor at bay I upped my pace, the gap to Dan was out to 2 seconds and I was confident I would close gap nearing the pit stop. Stretching out the stint on soft would be crucial and I figured Dan's 10th lap would be quite slow with how hard he was pushing, but he would soon disconnect after in spectacular fashion.

By lap 9 and having saved the front left as much as I could it was now time to push and use up whatever was left with the
    tyres. The gap to Rotor was extending and I was pleased to see him pit on lap 10. The tyres were almost gone but I nailed my in lap with a 58.6, that's when things didn't go my way. I had a very slow entry into the pit box and to top it off my car controller decided to hold me for a passing car costing me 3 seconds.

I came out behind Rotor and still ahead of the guys starting on hards. I stayed composed and didn't try to close the gap too quickly knowing I had a lap in hand on tyres. By lap 19 I was now within striking distance and on lap 20 I had a run on the wellington straight going into brooklands.

I knew rotor would be too good and be able to hold the outside to give himself the inside into luffield if I just braked for the apex, so I had to go in really deep, miss the apex completely and slide up in front of rotor and then be able hold the inside at luffield, but I just missed it, maybe only by a half metre to deep and rotor was able to regain the place.

Over the next few laps I remained glued to rotor's bumper, he was driving too well and there weren't many chances to attempt a clean overtake. When we crossed the line for the final lap I didn't know if I could do but by the time we reached the maggots beckets complex I had found what I was looking and got a much better exit onto the hangar straight, I was in front by a nose but still on the outside going into stowe.

Since it was the last lap, it was all or nothing and I went as deep as possible and was just, only just able to keep my right side tyres on the exit kerb and I thought that was done now being on the inside, but rotor showing his class, never gave up and was able to hold it on the outside to claim the race win.

So once again, congrats to you Rotor, well done for such an excellent drive.
    Ad2mny, JonoStan96, MINT_GTR and 2 others like this.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lol very lonely that race, hopefully I can keep someone company next week, get back into it