Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well I guess i better make sure i have everyone on my friends list if im going to be back up host
  2. Benjamin J Smith

so i can do a 1:59.7 on hards now and can also do a 1:55.5 on softs all on full tanks whats everyone else getting so far
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I can get the same if I put a stage 2 turbo on
    SuiCid3 and Mister_Bond_747 like this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

i'm just getting the hang of this car im going to be stuff come rd 2 and have to learn all over again
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    .................. F*Censored*K ME!!!!! HOW??? I hope thats in time trial and free run....
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Nope online by myself i get better handling online in my own room
  7. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Also no one else to confirm his times lol
    SuiCid3 and Beau_Albert like this.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Well, my only hope is your tyres fall off the cliff before you can overlap me!!! Im not too far back, but not sure where im going to be finding those tenths!
  9. Benjamin J Smith

ok Mustafur was there when i did the soft lap time, and when i did the hard lap time but he was running softs so it didn't show on his screen, but don't worry it is all going to go to :):):):) when i rock up in rotors room and find im losing half a second
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah i saw it, he was 2 tenths faster in every sector then me doing a 56.1, not sure how though lol.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

it's just from being in my own room, nothing different setting all set from the room i was in on Saturday night
  12. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Nice laps guys... my best on hards so far is a 59.7 and on softs 56.2. Will be good to have a run with everyone tonight!
    Watto64, SPL Racing and emmo46 like this.
  13. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Just something to consider guys. Yesterday in a practice room I noticed that I had more trouble connecting to other people, and then I remembered that I had turned my PS3 on before the modem/router, so from now on I'll be definitely making sure it's the other way around.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys, Just 5 days and the chaos will start.......A couple of things have been mentioned in all the rooms after the meet and greet....

1. TRACK LIMITS : This is very clear in our rules and regs. YOU MUST KEEP AT LEAST 2 WHEELS ON OR INSIDE THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so will result in a drive through penalty where there is an obvious advantage gained over other drivers. USE YOUR BRAINS !!
    [​IMG]
    Going off track at COPSE and STOWE continually or intentionally to gain advantage will incur a drive through. Running off a few times will be viewed as a mistake, more than that is cheating ! Room captains have been asked to monitor this.

DRIVING STANDARDS : Yes i know i have said this before, but with big grids and close packs PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU GET IT WRONG, or if you take out another driver....

Stu
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Damm there goes my strategy
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @SirPoopington has been shuffled back to div 2 to make way for mustafur
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys....

I have done the classes as outlined in the OP and below. Remember you are racing for the overall championship AS WELL AS your individual class.Given Razor won the Class B champ last season i have slotted him up into Class A, and fastboy & Mr Bond have slotted back into Class B. Alpha and AusNicko into Class A and Pringles into B as new members.
    CLASS A
    1. (HTO) Warrior
    2. (NLR) Holland
    3. (Privateer) rotorAU
    4. (PRT) mint
    5. (GRT) AusNicko9 (new member)
    6. (RZR) Razor
    7. (PRT) Mustafur
    8. (RZR) Alfa52-52 (new member)
    CLASS B
    9. (GRT) N64thestig
    10. (TLR) fastboysmith
    11. (TLR) T-B-Williams
    12. (PRT) TF22Raptor
    13. (BHR) Zampli
    14. (PRT) Pringles (new member)
    15.(TLR) Mister_bond_747
    16. (BHR) Beau-Albert

Any issues let me know.
    Cheers stu
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Plans have arisen and I may or may not make tonights race.:( I want to race but don't wait too long for me.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Good luck tonight.....gotta love the start of the season.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ROUND 1 GENERALLY THROWS UP SOME CURVE BALLS AND ISSUES SO PLEASE TRY TO BE PATIENT WITH NEW DRIVERS / MEMBERS WHO ARE FINDING THEIR FEET. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE. ;) All rooms have nominated room captains and i will leave it to their discretion on how long they wait / adjust / or fiddle to get everyone in the room. First night "generally" sees us about 15 mins behind to sort any issues so again please try to be patient. Drivers with connection issues also need to be aware that only a certain amount of time can be allocated before the race needs to start....please be aware of this. ALSO, before qual do a check on how many people everyone can see, some guys may need to do a reset, if you decide to start with some guys not seeing one another it does give a different perspective if there are race incidents to sort through

I hope everyone understands the rules on tires.......When the room resets for Qualifying you must be on the tires you want to qual and start the race on. PIT LANE IS CLOSED during qualy. You can only run 1 stint on the soft tire, minimum of one stop to run both compounds. If room captains can explain this before the room is set that would be good.

If you have an issue in the race, PLEASE PM ME AND THE ROOM CAPTAINS to get it sorted. Dont rant on the forum. Save your replay and check all views before you "blow up" about something. Let the mod team deal with any issues in a professional and ordered manner and penalties will be handed out where required.

I hope you have all seen my posts on 'CUTTING" and "CONTACT". A reminder though, if you constantly cut corners (2 wheels must remain on at least the ripple strips) you will be penalized in the form of a drive through penalty (approx 30 secs added to your race time - exact time will be worked out if needed) or excluded from the race results. Also, if you make contact to another car and push them off line gaining a position you MUST REDRESS or you will also face a drive through. Contact works BOTH WAYS though, so if you run wide, or make an error with a car behind you please be mindful of them, but equally, using the car in front as a rail in a kamakazi move doesnt go down well and you will likely be on the end of a protest.....Also be carefull when rejoining the track after an off track excursion. Returning to the track without looking can and has ruined others races.....

THE GENERAL PASSING RULE IS "IF YOU HAVE YOUR CAR MORE THAN A THIRD ALONG SIDE YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE THE INSIDE LINE OUT OF THE CORNER, THE CAR ON THE OUTSIDE SHOULD YIELD" all of us need to use our brains on this and "race" smart.

Really hope you all enjoy the season guys, remember its fun, its not brain surgery, and if things get a little tense just think of BJ to get everything back in perspective......

Cheers stu
    Mister_Bond_747 and warrior2167 like this.