PCARS Season 2 - Div 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    They are both excellent tracks for the 190 though. Hope to see one or both in the final selection.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @VENDALISM @VARDZ @SuiCid3 @garyw61 @Ad2mny @beakeroo @George @Peuty @SPL Racing @Zharvs92 @agolfer78 @seowster @Stiffsht @v8power383 @seth123

Ok guys track list has been released.....see OP for details.
    While the grids are still provisional at this stage, i cant see there being much of a change unless we get some super fast qual laps from new entrants.....if that happens will have no hair left.....

The tune / non tune debacle should be sorted soon, apologies for the screw around with that....i take the full blame for it , not testing as much as i should have.....:poop:

If you DONT INTEND racing this season please let me know asap so we can continue to sort things out......and try to stay on top of things.....if i dont hear from you we can assume you will be there for round 1 on the 14th...

Stu
    seowster, SPL Racing, seth123 and 2 others like this.
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yeah I am in mate.... hopefully didn't waste a couple of hours working on a tune.... think I might have though:oops:
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Nah, nothing decided yet Vardz. Far from it mate.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    giving me a headache
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Not your fault people are being dicks Stu.
    Maybe they should try running a Sunday league instead?
    v8power383 likes this.
  7. autech91

autech91 Professional

Still seat time mate, can't beat it bro!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

First off huge thanks to the guys who helped with this, Especially Cob and Giant who spent lots of time, over and above the last four nights of 1am finishes ....we have found lots of things that will help in any future seasons of PCARS. I think we have examined and put to bed some of the things that were being put forward as reasons as to why we should head in either direction, which at the end of the day will benefit the community as a whole.

After further testing last night we have come to the conclusion that it would be best to run the series as TUNING ALLOWED, as was originally announced.

The reasoning....
    - after EXTENSIVE tire testing, we found that with the tuning prohibited, there were still occasions where drivers couldn't get fresh rubber when needed, and we couldn't replicate the issue to find a fix. This was after Giant created a new account to replicate a new car coming into the lobby. Even with the fuel "issue" being present (low fuel) in his car, he was able to get new tires when pitting, which was the complete opposite to what happened to BlueXR8 and Rotor the night before. Put simply, we couldnt replicate the issue, and try to find a fix....meaning there was a "chance" that drivers would be disadvantaged during the season. In this regard we felt that tuning, and the freedom to change tires openly could help to negate this possible issue.

- Rain tires. We found in testing last night that some of the guys were going through the rain tires last night in 1 lap, while others were wearing as normal. The lobby was non tune and we had the 4 weather slots set to different settings. This will need more investigation before round 4 to see what may have caused the issue, HOWEVER, with the weather set to "rain" with no slots selected (rain was the only option) there didnt seem to be any issues with tire selection or wear.

- The fuel issue. As has been highlighted by a few on here, there is a way around not having the default 90L of fuel for both qualifying and the race. We initially believed that this issue saw the tires not being changed when needed, but this was disproved last night. We agreed that having 1 driver on 45 ltrs for the race while everyone else is on 90l is an unfair advantage. For this reason, its only fair that we level this playing field as much as we can, and everyone will be advised of how much fuel you will need for the race, so you can put it in your strategy.

- SETUPS. given we have decided to go down this path i would hope that there are setups provided to the masses, as previously promised

- TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP. I still think that this can run, HOWEVER, if you decide to participate in the teams champ you need to understand that TUNING COULD give your opponents a bigger advantage, affecting your position in that championship. Its not a huge issue, but you need to think about the following....will one of you div drivers who you are competing against give up their "possible" fast tune to you in the last race of the season. We would hope so, but at the end of the day drivers wanting a championship might not be so generous. ;). Just something to think about so make sure you let @@Hatfield know your intentions clear here
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/inde...pcars-cross-platform-teams-championship.2063/

- LOBBY SETTINGS. we will still determine what these will be with regards to tire wear, but we are thinking either X2 or X3. FUEL WILL BE ON REAL

- TIME SETTINGS; TBC, but i think if we set all the rooms to the same date and time might be the easiest ?

We get and understand that running tuning wont be to everyones liking. However i think we have proven that while it does complicate the game a little more, it will give the less chance to create issues that disadvantages drivers competing.

The car is very good out of the box, i imagine that there will be minimal tuning to be done, hopefully a few of the guys are able to help with that if you feel you are struggling.....i will need some guidance with fuel strats etc, but once i get my head around it will be able to help anyone that wants it....

I hope, that given we made an informed decision as to why we went down this path, we see you all on the grid come the 14th, IF you don't plan on running now, please let me know so i can look at the divisions and make any necessary changes.

stu
    seowster, SPL Racing, garyw61 and 4 others like this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    sounds good mate, now i can start working on my tunes knowing they will be used for my races.
    beakeroo and stucar17 like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    also wanted to let you know that i have swapped myself with BlueXR8. If you want or need an explanation please PM me.
  11. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Well done guys lets get on with it :thumbsup:
    seowster, SuiCid3, SPL Racing and 2 others like this.
  12. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    hey Hat after some arm twists and some real weird:eek::cautious: favors offered:cautious: u can put me back on the hit list
    agolfer78 and SPL Racing like this.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
  14. seowster

seowster Rookie

PSN ID
    seowster
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    anyone confident enough to start divulging what sort of lap times are being done round Snetterton 300 while practicing for round 1? lol
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I haven't been racing for a couple of weeks now. I was practicing on Hockenheim before my wheel problems and getting 1.47's consistently. I'll have the new wheel tomorrow so hopefully can get back on. That was stock though, no idea how quicker tuned can be.
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Low 1:53's if div 1. Likely high 55's/low 56's in div 3
    George and beakeroo like this.
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Geez I'm in trouble.
  19. autech91

autech91 Professional

Just plug away at it mate. Build your pace up rather than down.
    Heaps of people try and break records by going out hammer and fist, they may get 1 good lap in but fall off lots trying. By starting slower and edging your pace up lap by lap you should be able to stay more consistent once you start hitting the good times, and that is what wins races :).
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Do what I do mate, go for it like a Sunday drive. Just be careful not to zzzzzzz.