PCARS Season 2 - Div 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Has he been a bad boy
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm not sure where I got the idea you had left GT6, I will slot you into Div 3 for Season 8, welcome back :thumbsup:
    JonoStan96 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have edited him out of the grid, I will leave any further editing to the PCars mods as I don't want to confuse the list by having it edited by too many people.
    Clevohead likes this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Glad to see the quali system in full effect there lol
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Knowing Keiran's pace from GT6 was the main decider where to slot him as there was no PCars qualifying time from him. He ended up in a PCars division as he was listed there and in the GT6 list. I had question marks against his name in the GT6 list and made the assumption he had taken the plunge to PCars .
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    :(
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've got to say that I don't support this attitude. GT6 feels like an arcade game in comparison to PCars. It isn't a given that success in one will be reproduced in the other. Wouldn't it be better to ask for a quali time?
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Oh c'mon that isn't trash talking!
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Qually time would be preferred, yes. My observations so far show the same guys in roughly the same places in the PCars results as they were in the GT6 leagues. There are probably exceptions but I haven't seen any yet.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Qually times have also been misleading. I have seen guys put in qually times that put them in the lowest grade only to produce a performance that would have won the championship a couple of divisions higher, so qually times aren't all that good an indicator but it is all we have until we actually see the guys race.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    SuiCid3 and beakeroo like this.
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah some people put a bit more effort than others in the quali so it's hard to go by them 100%.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My qually was based on doing laps until I set one that I couldn't beat, I generally find after about five laps I have reached a plateau where i just can't find any more. I can then quit and usually come back in a day or two and possibly beat it but the first effort is what I would submit.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Some guys can gel quickly to a particular car and track and it may be the one used in the qually process (the opposite can also apply). But when they actually get into a season they find the car and tracks not to their strengths and get disheartened. Their performance in that season then would be a better indicator overall for future division placement.
    SuiCid3 and beakeroo like this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It's also possible one might enjoy one game over the other regardless of how "sim" a game is. I have both games and there's no chance I'll be doing any Pcars Sunday leagues anytime soon because GT6 is miles more fun.
    seth123 and Viperzed like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I like to look at pcars as an increase of divisions to the sunday league night. I believe we now have over 90 drivers across 7 divisions and who knows how many we can get next season!!
    and if we count assetto corsa, we must be getting close to if not past 140 across 9 divisions...
    SuiCid3 and George like this.
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Good for you mate. Not knocking GT6, I just got tired of the old formula. Living PCars so much that I'd not even bother posting on a GT6 thread out even look at them tbh.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    When GT6 first came out, online racing was surprisingly a lot less buggy as to what it is now.
    The bugs grew with each season and each update and that's probably why a fair amount of us ex-GTer's have transitioned across to AC and PC.
    The ease of using the online platform is also a big thing. I don't know how AC does it, but PC is pretty ridiculous in how you need to start an online race, and has NOTHING over GT in that regards.

Anyway, this isn't a thread about the different games.
    This is a thread for more Div3 trash talk ;)
    garyw61 likes this.
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    @Hatfield il be sittin out of the team championship this season m8
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    How are the mods going in regards to track selections. Not being impatient just curious if theres any that have the tick so far?