PCARS Season 2 - Div 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all,
    Tire wear will be on X2

After testing on sunday night with CAGME, cob and a few others, its pretty clear that running on X2 will make the races either NO STOP or 1 stop. After the 13 lap races we did (more than once) the wear for the controller guys was only minimally worse that the guys on wheels..(CAGME was on 68% and cob was on 72%) we also found that the wear gets incrementally slower the more the tire wears.

It was also realized that running on real takes the need AWAY to pit as everyone could easily get to the end without pitting....making the need to tune irrelevant ! So, you get tuning, and you get 2X wear which means we get the best of both worlds.

FUEL will remain on real as the only options are "real, fast or off".

Any people not happy with the decision will have their car tampered with, nails in their tires and their pit crew will be poisoned so service will be slow at round 1 on the 14th.

Stu
    SPL Racing and garyw61 like this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    How does normal wear make a tune irrelevant? If someone tunes their car finds the full potential I don't touch the car I've now fallen behind the 8- ball regardlessly, all x2 does is add a pit parade of 16 cars spearing into a lane.

Edit** made a typo
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Because we only went tuning as we could not rely on the game to change tyres properly for everyone in a non tuning room, so keep in mind if the pit stops worked it probably would have been a non tuning series. So in order to open up differing strategies for everyone we went tuning, if tyre wear is normal nobody has the option to pit as the tyres easily last the the race distance, henceforth normal tyre wear would make our decision to make it a tuning series irrelevant.
    if you read the post properly, x2 gives you a choice of 1 stop or NO stop, its up to you when or if you pit at all, or how much fuel you start with and most people will probably do something different, so I don't think there will be a pit lane procession at all. HTO series had a race with tyre wear on x2 and nobody complained, the rest were normal but HTO races were longer so even with tyre wear on normal some still needed to pit in some races, once again no complaints, so what's the difference here it's the same experience just over a shorter duration in identical cars.
    Sounds to me you want a game where you can make the car handle likes its on rails and the tyres never wear out, maybe you should give drive club or need for speed a go, a lot of work has gone into coming to the conclusions that contributed to the final outcome, that would make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone, the mods have made their decision, it is final, and I would probably say any further whinging would probably be a waste of time.
    So embrace what you have, accept what is before you, deal with it, and move on.
    garyw61 and beakeroo like this.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yes I just noticed I made a typo in saying tuning whoops. Meant x2 not tuning (was for tuning.)

And is that really appropriate remake telling me to go elsewhere? I came to project based on season 1, tuning with normal wear and a fast race the finish, the mods decisions can't be ultered by a few drivers.

Btw if I wanted this so called imagination land called no tyre wear and on the rails handling I wouldn't have played GTLOZ for 18 months with tyre maintenance being the main factor.
  5. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    The option of no tuning wasn't yet available when we started season 1 it arrived in a patch a just after we started, so it wasn't considered then, as no one had really tried it or knew whatt it affected.
    I didn't tell you to go anywhere it was just a cheeky suggestion. And you are correct the mods decisions can't be altered by a few drivers, but yet there seems to be these days a few very vocal members seeking to complain vigorously if something isn't how they want it and they don't get their own way, it's all give and take and figuring out what should be entertaining for everyone not the individual or the minority.
    Stiffsht and beakeroo like this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Fair enough
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys....

HOST....who can do this so i can update the OP.... need someone with a solid connection

I have asked that the race date and time of day be default at this stage, unless one of the guys in the back room convo can come up with an answer, but they will need to be uniform across the divs...i just dont have time at the moment to sort through that.

Meet and greet this sunday night, please make sure you have everyone on your lists....prob best to post here what is a good time for everyone but is suggested that you run at the normal prac / qual / race times so everyone knows. IE, room generally opens at "about" 7:30 EDST, qual at 8:10 and race start at 8:20. Once in the room check connections, any problems please let us know.

MICS, as per league rules should be off during the race...although i think as bad as it is the in game chat can be used (or party) to get the room set up ad running smoothly. I dont mind how its done so long as everyone knows what the story is, any changes to race start etc etc etc

DRIVING STANDARDS....am sure we are all aware of what is expected with driving standards for the season. Contact resulting in an unfair advantage being gained will result in a penalty post race if the offence can be proven. The magnetic effect is pretty harsh, so its up to drivers that stick it up the inside aren't using the other car as a rail to make the corner. As always, if you screw up, redress at the time to avoid protests. ANY drivers "purposely" taking out brake markers will receive a penalty, its not fair on the other drivers in the room.

Any issues, let me or one of the mod team know ASAP.

Stu
    seth123 likes this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Why don't you set the date to the actual date of the race. That way it is uniform ???
    seth123 and stucar17 like this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    whatever is easiest and stops the hassles i am happy with !
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So guys, please get your car # to us asap so i can update in the OP as well.....check with your team (if you are running in the teams champ) to make sure you have the right livery / #
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    #54 for me
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I am happy to host @stucar17. I still have a solid 100mbps cable connection.
    Ad2mny, seth123 and stucar17 like this.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I think I already said once but I'm taking #17 and running as a privateer.
  14. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ill take 23 if its available. Dont think im in a team. Would rather run as privateer. Im screwed anyways. Can only manage 1:58ish round snetterton so ill be holding up the rear.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we are bidding right now so this may or may not screw some captains over if they already have a bid on you... would you reconsider?? A team might be able to help you get those times down ;)
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    You aren't far off the D3 times at 58 mate. We just had a run a moment ago and I was only getting 56 which was enough to beat a few higher div boys. I'd say 58 will be right in the middle and consistency means much more than a quick lap in lower divs.

[​IMG]
    George likes this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im definately willing to run in a team, was just a bit disheartened by my times so didnt want to let a team down.
    but i guess i can only get faster so after reading beakaroos comments i feel a bit better.
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    its weird though, im bout a second faster with controller than i am with wheel. may have my wheel not setup right, which i will look into over the coming week. i feel if i can get my wheel worked out properly then i might be able to push into the 1:56's.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    You need to just get used to a wheel mate. I've dropped a second or so after switching from G29 wheel to T500RS. It'll come in time.