PCARS Season 2 - Div 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yeah 55 would be a pretty good time on Snetterton. I was getting 54's there in our D3 meeting, Golfer and Gary had 55's. Only five of us raced that course though due to late arrivals.
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Can't host sorry, good chance I need to kiss a couple of rounds plus I have a student who uses my net while racing. I can run without lag but hosting might be pushing it if he streaming.
  3. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I have some good news regarding my PS4. I took it into my local EB games today and they have sent it off to the main office in Queensland to get a full system reboot and fix the HDMI port (any anything else that needs to be fixed internally). They reckon it'll take a week to get to QLD from Perth, and then another couple of weeks to fix it and then a day or 2 by express post to get it back to me in Perth. So hopefully, in about 2 to 3 weeks I'll have my PS4 back. For now though, if @Hatfield and @emmo46 will allow me to, I'd love to race on GT6 in the meantime
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. Rod

Rod Rookie

Hey lads I'm keen for div 4 too.. Just been having trouble on emails reading them.. Contact through giant..
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

just check the site daily, negates the email issue.

Good news about the PS4 Nathan, why does it need to go to Qld though, seems like an awful lot of wasted time.
  6. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Its going to QLD because I'm sending it through EB Games rather than going to sony directly. It's cheaper (for me at least) to go through EB, than to go through Sony. EB's main office is in QLD. So, hopefully within a couple of weeks I'll have my ps4 sorted and have it back and operational
    Clevohead likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    They'll send you back a refurbished and wipe your HDD mate.
  8. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I'm aware, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to take. At this stage, i just want my PS4 back ASAP and sending it through EB was cheaper. Downside is, they wipe the HDD
  9. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    At least your saves are up in the cloud.

As for new host replacement, my connection is good (1.7MB/s down, 145KB/s up) but I'm in Perth so pings won't be great for you mostly easterners.
    beakeroo likes this.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Not sure if serious about those 'good' speeds. I know this is Div 4 but surely your internet isn't slower as well? :roflmao: :p
  11. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Those are average speeds for Perth mate. I know the struggles. Wasnt till just before last season we managed to get an upgrade on our net which increased the speeds to about 7mps down
    beakeroo likes this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Ouch! That's terrible, I have a 20mb line and I'd never describe it as good when there are NBN lines around.
  13. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    ATM, on a very good day at 10pm ish, i can get my best speeds at about 10MBPS, on a bad day during peak traffic times my speeds can drop a low as 1MBPS. It sucks, but i guess thats the penalty for living on the other side of the country
    beakeroo likes this.
  14. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    That's 13mbps for beakeroo metrics, note the MB/s :p
    beakeroo likes this.
  15. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    Your not alone Perth internet is atrocious!
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  16. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    peak/off-peak performance doesn't really have anything to do with us being on the west coast. what's your ISP? I'm with Internode and have no peak/off-peak speed issues (same with my parents' who are in a different suburb to me). Other reason may be the suburb you're in, as some exchanges have capacity/congestion issues.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah my old ISP used to tell me we had a congestion issue, thing is I had friends down the street who didn't suffer from it. Turned out we were all on the same Telstra infrastructure but my ISP just didn't have enough ports for all their customers so every night it would just get chockers. Had same issue with Spintel and Dodo, finally went to Telstra when they upped their allowances and its been perfect ever since.
  18. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    I am an Internode/iiNet customer, but too far from their DSLAM which is in our suburb, so I am on Telstra's backbone, as their customer. Used to be ADSL1, couldn't possibly be any faster available for me, but when one of their local competitors started switching off their ports for 20MB/s wireless, I woke up one day to find that I was Annex-M ADSL2+.....
    These days, I pine for the speed of ADSL1.....but Telstra don't do anything anti-competitive against other players in the industry.....
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    so is there anyone who can host ????
    Clevohead likes this.