Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: see if you had gander you wouldn't have looked like a goose! :lol:
    but hey look at the bright side m8. the 2nd race was only worth half points. i've missed 3 round of full points. :/
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Veno, thats funny !! made my night !
  3. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Turns out Aussie that the onset of pneumonia feels exactly like a nasty ass flu, gets a lot worse but. I'm not a large bloke at all so loosing 4.5 kilo's in the last 3 days has been a bit worrying. No appetite, no energy, constant hot and cold shudders. I understand what people mean now when they say they just want to curl up and die. Wouldn't wish this upon anybody.
  4. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Sounds nasty TopCat.
    Do anything it takes to conserve your energy for Sunday's race. Get some family by your side to give you drinks and snacks down the main straight and you will be sorted.
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I should of been clearer it wasnt a protest as such more a query, no biggy. At this stage results stand.

Race 1
    1 Anon
    2 Aussie
    3 Stu
    4 tek
    5 M1k
    6 Barra
    7 Doug
    8 Veno
    9 Rumble
    10 azza(disconnect)

I didnt get to save race 2 results as I got disconnect from the lobby at race end and couldnt get back in.

Im thinking Ill host but Ill open the room through Barras coffee cup, so hopefully aussie can join. Seemed to work alright when we did it at spa last season.
    /cheers

Topcat back luck buddy, suxs being sick.

Veno I thought you just had to go, you said I got a fly. So i thought u had something to do.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Anyone got any times from grand valley ?? Did half dozen a few nights ago and got down to a 1.49. Maybe another half sec to find but cant see much more.

21 laps will be interesting. 1 stopper anyone ?:lol:

Should be on tonight hopefully if you want to join, or will hunt someone down and join them...

Stu
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I got some mid 1'50s last night in a 12 lap run. Running closer to 1'57 on 12 lap old tyres though
  8. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

my best is 1'47.7..
  9. RBRacing022

RBRacing022 New Recruit

Hey all, I think I am a little to blame about the slower back marker distracting drivers. (sorry) I will move off the race line next race. All of you have a liitle drama here and there during most races and are not pleased with your results. I would like at least one week not to get lapped during a race!! I finished both races on Sunday night so how come I am not on the race 1 results tek ??

Cheers!! RBR:cool:
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Its all good RBR.

I had a grizzle, but more out of frustration that i ran out of talent trying to get past on old tires with anon bearing down on me.

I dont think its a case of pulling over or anything, but maybe lifting on a straight so nobody loses any time in their own race.

all good mate, see you on sunday, or before if you want to jump on for some prac

Stu
  11. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

nice time guys. do you reckon a 1 46 is doable?
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    For you yes, for me NO chance!!
  13. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

Ha okay thanks for the encouragement stu, I havent done any practice yet, might wait until the weekend. Those times do sound good though.

What are the rules on the 2 concrete corner areas (the one before the first tunnel, and second last turn after final tunnel)?
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I think they were off limits last time we visited Grand Valley
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I would like to apologise for last Sunday's race, I was not myself. It's most of the reason I have not been online all week.

My Mum was here and we have never really been 'that' close due to issues I'd rather not discuss on a public forum with people I don't know. Resulting from that, the fact I wasn't paying enough attention to her due to wanting to race meant she was in my ear the whole time leading up to the race. Once in the race, she just kept the nagging going and as a result I drove like crap, flipped off my nut and vented into the wrong place.

This week, to top it all off, my PS3 had the YLOD (old school fatty PS3) so now I am in the midst of reloading everything to a new one. I tried to revive it with a reflow but to no avail, under load it died again within 20 minutes.

I am still not too happy with the car choice, but will persevere through the remainder of the series if you are happy to have me race along side you :)
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    All good Rumbles, sorry to hear about your problems with your mum. As for the PS3, I think ':):):):) happens' probably covers it best. Was always going to happen when you were having an otherwise off week as well wasnt it...

In response to your last sentence, happy to have you, and you are not the only one who doesn't really like the car (check my posts after races one and two)
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

What exactly is wrong with the car fellas?
  18. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Just dont like it.

More specifically, it is ready to kill you at a moments notice, which I dont think makes for good racing - too many positions are decided on who spent less time in the sand than who was actually faster. A slightly slower car (like last season) makes for races that are much closer and more fun IMO.

Ironically, I drove this car in a couple of seasonals, and it is a lot more fun (read = stable) offline. Lighting up the back tyres on a breath of throttle doesnt do it for me.

But at the end of the day, it was voted for, and my preference (the Z06) didnt get enough votes, so I have to live with it.
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I think it's a matter of mastering throttle control with this car. I personally find it very easy to drive, even on the racing hard tyres. I think we needed a car like the ZR1 this season, as the G37 was a little bit on the arcade side for Div 1.
  20. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    My right index finger just doesnt have the range of motion required for that.

You still had intense, close races with the G37 though right? Personally, I thought that the Z06 would have been a nice compromise, but oh well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.