Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    You are correct yeah.

Everybody hold fire on this issue and give jono a chance to write up a solution. He has stuff happening as we speak so everyone just chill and be patient.
    seth123 likes this.
  2. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Has happened in real life tho so why not have that option

As an unbiased non-competitor, i would think having multiple tyre choices for qually would be best if you can.
    As long as everyone is aware of the 'glitch' , they can still make an informed decision on strategy
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    The_Spectre and Zachery like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    this is inline with my opinion. everyone has the same knowledge, then makes their own decisions. will see what jono has to say as the series organiser, and then go from there, but i agree with you.
    The_Spectre and arakasi- like this.
  4. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    For what its worth in the AOR F1 league, they have decided to do nothing in regards to regulating it. The effect of the bug is apparently different on each track, most noticeable on tracks with high tyre wear combined with soft tyre choices e.g. china and austria and less noticeable on others. If everyone knows it exists and it's up to each competitor to determine their best race strategy taking it into account
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I haven't made a official decision yet but I can say right now that I don't think we should at all be running around when drivers can have a clear, unobtrusive and unfair advantage. It's supposed to be a level playing field.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    it is level if we all have the same knowledge, no? dont take the decision making out of it, just ensure we all have the same basis to make those decisions.

Ill happily go with whatever you decide to do, but thats just what i reckon.
    JonoStan96, seth123 and The_Spectre like this.
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

With that knowledge, the best strategy for me would be to wait till the last minutes of qually, put on a set of the softest tyres and go out and try to set a time just outside the top 10. Then start on the hardest set, then pass everyone whilst they are in the pits...
    Am I the only one who thinks it would be a bad idea if we had 14+ drivers, all motivated to get the 11th fastest time in qualifying?
    seth123 likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Thats not gonna happen mate. I would say (and jono will of course confirm) that we waould all be qualifying and starting on a particular compound (basically a control tyre) and then run from there.

Therefore there will be no advantage to anyone, and it still leaves race strategy fairly open. IE you could run the Control set (say Mids) to death, then do 2 US stints, or not run the first set so long (meaning you wont lose time on dead Mids), then do a SS stint and a US stint

just relax and wait for the announcment guys. id say Jono is working and as such will most likely inform us tonight of what the go is.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    With the assumption that it isn't such a game changer on certain circuits, my pick would be to only allowed drivers to start on the middle or softer compound for the weekend
    Zachery likes this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Nah that's racing in general,
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Well yeah someone's always got find a way to be very cunning, people generally can't do what's expected,

I told Jono make everyone, even the ones outside the ten start on the softest tyre. Racing with the glitch isn't real f1, were trimming a stop per race, or if he wants make us all use the glitch personally either fits at the moment I don't mind.

We all do it or no one does it.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I'd say because if this was run by stu, beau would've inboxed in quicker than a Vl turbo can finish the quarter mile on the Friday night drags lol 9 or so seconds,

Even though it's fairly published on YouTube it's clear not many of us watch f1 stuff on YouTube other than our own league footage and highlights of one another. becuase well these youtuebrs are cringe as ****, XMattyG is pretty good though becuase he just brutally roasts pcars.

Come on Jono press the button

I put a disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any anger possessed by anyone this is bAnTr
    Viperzed, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Having tested this glitch thoroughly, there is now a major regulation overhaul in time for the next race. In the meantime, this is how the glitch works.

What is the tyre glitch?

In F1 2016, the tyres you are on all have varied wear rates depending on the tyre you're on. This is obvious. However, for some reason, the tyre wear for the race is unfortunately dependant on your starting tyre. It isn't a RNG glitch either, it occurs EVERY TIME.

On tracks where the tyres are US, SS and S, or SS, S and M, you have significantly less wear starting on the middle compound. The differences can be over 10% difference after the same mileage. In a test I performed at Singapore this afternoon (using the same method used in the youtube video) the gulf between wear was over 15% after just 10 laps. Hense, starting on Ultra Softs was a huge disadvantage. I tried the same test starting on Softs, and it was only marginally better. So Super Softs were the the tyre to be on.

This pattern is reflected similarly on a track with SS, S and M. The Softs were the best tyre to start on.

Strangely, the glitch seems to work in reverse when driving on a track with the S,M and H tyres. In a test at Malaysia, the Soft tyres proved to easily last longer if you started on them. I tested again at Silverstone and found the same result. In a bonus test, starting on Inters and Wets didn't appear to have and adverse effects.

The dilemma here is that sacrificing track position is overwhelmingly more beneficial than going for pole. Indeed, since Silverstone, only one race has been won by a driver starting on the softest tyre (Zharvs at Hungary, and discounting Monza). Not to mention those not in the top ten can choose any tyre they want to start on and reap the rewards (Motors won at Baku having started last and on the soft tyre). This is not to detract from the performances of those who (knowingly or unknowingly) exploited the glitch to full effect.

The second part of the dilemma is that on an S,M,H track trying to be smart and go for a long first stint will cost you huge amounts of time. This ultimately leaves, in my opinion, only one viable solution, and one which sadly kills a large part of the strategical aspect of the series which was one of its most appealing assets over Pcars and GT6.

The Solution:
    Regrettably, new regulation needs to be enforced.
    From Malaysia onwards, a compulsory starting tyre will be nominated. EVERY driver must start on this tyre, regardless of starting position. The nominated tyre will be named well before the race, mainly so we all know at the same time. Starting on a different compound will result in a 60 second penalty, enough to overlap the gains of exploiting the glitch. I know this will annoy some people, but this glitch has threatened the integrity of the entire series and difficult decisions need to be made. I am confident this is the best course of action. This is the only way to ensure we have a level playing field, which was the main aim since its inception.

I will try my best to implement allocations to ensure we get a mix of competitive qualifying sessions and being able to push during the races.

Cheers, Jono.
    Kieran_B33, Hatfield, seth123 and 5 others like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Starting tyre for Malaysia, Japan, USA and Mexico GP's:

Malaysia: Soft
    Japan: Soft
    USA: Soft
    Mexico: Super Soft
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Good work Jono handled this quick, one step closer to mod status? :geek:
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    #jonoforroozmod
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Spidey_11 now that we know about the tyre wear issue, consider making a return?
    seth123, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    As hard as this is to police, please DO NOT skip to the race start. People need time to switch to the starting tyre if they have not qualified in the top ten, and to set the preffered fuel load.

An extra 30 seconds is plenty of time to setup tyres and fuel.
    seth123 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    So that's why I've been struggling to set up strategy pre-race...
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  20. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.