Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

ahhh good to know... think i can probably cut a second or two off my time now
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys,

Few things before sunday...... (sorry for the long post but please read so you are up on everything)

We have new guys that have given fast qualy times so they have slotted into div 1, and i have slotted back into Div2 Based on my pace (fastest laps) from last season.

Lunz and steeney17 have re-joined after a few seasons away (welcome back guys) into div 3, and rumbles has asked to be slotted back in div 4. (watch out Col !!)

So please check your division to see your captain and start times.

POINTS FOR SEASON 9. I have decided that points for fastest laps and pole will be dropped this season. This is due to to the tire regs we are running where guys running the hard tire are at a possible 3 point disadvantage because they are no chance of getting pole, or fastest lap on this tire, and i dont think they should be penalized for running a strategy that they think will give them the best chance to win the race.

AS PER RULES AND REGS FOR RACEONOZ PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING.....AUSSIE AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO ADJUDICATE EVERY RACE.......... http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1025

1. CORNER CUTTING : Rules for RACEONOZ state that 2 tires MUST BE ON THE TRACK AT ALL TIMES. The track INCLUDES the ripple strips. Any driver seen to be corner cutting to gain an OBVIOUS advantage will be penalized with time added to their overall race time. Drivers have been penalized for this in the passed, and we (the mods) hate having to adjudicate on this stuff. We do though in the interest of the other racers, and to uphold the integrity of the league

For ROUND 1 AT MONZA the only real issue is the entry to the back straight chicane where you must keep 2 wheels on AT LEAST the rumble strip on the first left. PEOPLE CONTINUALLY STRAIGHT LINING ACROSS THE GREEN TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL BE PENALIZED IN THE FORM OF A DRIVE THROUGH ADDED TO THEIR TIME. The 2 lesmos are ok to run wide, you keep 2 wheels on the ripple strip, any wider and you will be building sandcastles !!! Captains please advise of this before the race so EVERYONE knows.

2. RUBBING IS RACING........BUT, like real racing, if the bump is from behind and you gain advantage from ramming people out of the way, you could be penalized if you don't redress. By redressing, we mean waiting for the driver that may have been disadvantaged, letting them past and resuming the battle. Its probably best summed up by, "if in doubt wait" !!! If you are up the inside and have the line, you are free to race hard, but give other drivers room.

3. NO DRIVER ABUSE ON THE FORUM. After the race we ask that, if possible, you add a race report to your division thread. It keeps the forum alive, builds respect between the racers, and also looks good for our sponsors. (who we ask for prizes to hold special 1 off races.....keep an eye on the forum for info on this). If you feel that there has been an issue in the race please go through the PM system to the room captain, and also one of the mods, preferably me or Aussie. I can assure you that i look at any incident without bias, and hand out any penalties as fairly as can be done.

FINALLY.......if the network dumps lots of drivers from a room with the current issues, i may call for a re-run of the round. I think this is only fair given that PD have acknowledged there is an issue. If its only 1 driver you cant put it down to anything, but if its 5 or 6 guys dumped we will re-run the round. Yes we are competitive, but at the end of the day its fun for us, and we want to give everyone the chance to run the rounds.....

Hope you all enjoy the season guys.

Cheers
    Stu, Aussie and ROOZ
  3. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    What's going on with the div 1 host/backup ? I'm happy to do it again if something isn't already in the pipeline or is Aussie going to host ??
  4. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @ Cyber

I'm more then happy to host... ummmm yeah it really doesn't not bother me at all.
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I'll go backup then if ya like
  6. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    to easy dude thanks dude, will set it in concrete... :)

Your Div Host and Back up Host are in the first post...
    PLEASE make sure you have both in your friends list on PSN

Cheers aussie
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

With PSN being the way it is at the moment, it probably doesn't matter who hosts. If the network decides to :):):):) itself there is bugger all we can do about it. We were lucky on Monday night with my series. It waited until a couple of mins after the race ended before it caved in. Hopefully we are that lucky on Sunday fellas.
  8. holl01

holl01 New Recruit

I'd like to use the Xani If that's ok (I posed it in another thread but just wanted to make it official) Practice times are mid 42's now that my engine is fully broken in. Also I don't use ABS in GT5.
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    your a freak lol, 42's with no abs wtf
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, thats right Chev.

Remember that if a heap of guys get booted due to the network we can red flag the round till PD get the mess sorted out.
  11. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    I will also be driving the Calsonic since its the only one I have. Mid 42's...yep I'm screwed. ABS off isn't too bad - with Fanatec Clubsports that is.
  12. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    im doing mid 42s on RS so its not too far off
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I couldn't get in a room or open a room Thurs night. I tried a seasonal and even got booted out of that. Was it any better last night??
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not sure mate, but on thursday i had major issues as well, once i was in is was good for a while but then we all got booted at once......

PD are saying its a hardware issue, just wish they could find what it is.....bloody frustrating
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @Anon
    last we had a good room cracking along for 2 or so hours.. Even had a full length race and had no problems.

Whether PD has fixed the problem with PSN/GT5 i am not sure. but it seemed to be good last night.

Had 8 to 10 in the room...
  16. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    DIV 1 Start, Qually and Race Times are in the 1st POST

Please read and make sure you can make the race.

Good Luck every1 and Please play nice. :)

Stu and aussie.
  17. Greasy07

Greasy07 New Recruit

i'm in m8 with the yellowhat
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey greasy, glad to see you finally made it back on... sorry about all that kerfuffle with your account, we get soooooo many spam accounts and yours got swept up accidentally.

Love the avatar pic BTW. have a soft spot for original mini's. a '73 austin mini (with mini light mags and flares) was my first car.

Best of luck and hope you enjoy the crew and league racing here at RooZ. ;)
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Well Done tonight fellas good fast race..

S9 R1 Results

01. ENFORCER_98
    02. Chewwah
    03. aussie_man21
    04. Zampli
    05. Cyber_Stig_77
    06. Blueyonder-666-
    07. NOS_Neishy4A-GTE
    08. warrior2167
    09. GREASY07
    10. Anon666
    11. FRZnAU
    12. GTP_DHolland (Disconnected Lap 9)

Well Done E nice win mate specially coming from so far back...

Nice drive Chevwah, So kicking myself out breaking myself in the first chacaine. O'well live and learn.. :/

@Holl01
    Bit of bad luck you got booted mate, see you on the track through the week.

Always turning laps practicing with the boys, so your more then welcome to joining when ever you want mate.
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    S9 R1 Fastest Laps

1:42.150 ENFORCER_98
    1:42.649 aussie_man21
    1:43.204 Anon666
    1:43.454 Blueyonder-666-
    1:43.534 Cyber_Stig_77
    1:43.572 Zampli
    1:43.581 NOS_Neishy4A-GTE