Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    great stuff E

good turnout too, also good first up effort zamps in div 1.

Coming from the lowest division 4 or 5 seasons ago and struggling and now taking it right up to the big boys.
  2. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    your at Blacktown greasy ?? im only 10 up the road at vineyard
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So what was the story in round 1 boys.

Must say I wasn't expecting the results to look like that !!!

Well done to the podium, good stuff E.

Shout out to zamps, great effort mate.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Thanks carn&stu, was very enjoyable and a great race.
    Intended to qually on hards, but saw a lot of people were doing the same thing and just went with the softs. Quallied in 3rd, start was nice and clean and had a nice 4-5 way battle going on. We lost a couple along the way, then I punted cyber at turn 1 and im pretty sure he got penalised, really sorry man:( Re-adressed and using a bit of teamwork, bumpdrafted our way into the leading cars slipstream. Think blu and cyber pitted somewhere around lap 15. Chev was out in front, and I was catching him by a decent amount, but then stuffed it and lost around 6 seconds when I was only about 1.5 sec behind. He pitted Lap 18 i think and me the lap after. came out just in front of aussie and had a decent tussle with aussie (even with him being on the softs) till the end after he messed it after turn 1 and lost some time after making a gap. Blu and cyber had to pit again, i guess they went soft/soft/hard? Was lucky to hold onto it, coming out of second lesmo and stuffed it, cyber was coming through quickly. Luckily held onto position and claimed 4th:)
    Great 1st race in div1 for me, very enjoyable and interesting with the 2-tyre option, the patch in a way was a good thing as it prompted the 2-tyre option. Good win E, and gratz to chev and aussie for podium:)
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That was some great racing Zampli, the crazy slip streaming makes it very difficult to break away from the pack. I am very happy with my 2nd placing. I wasn't expecting to be in the top 5, especially after I swapped strats at the start of qualy. I was intending to go hards first...but noticed almost everyone had the same idea, so I qualified on softs and got pole. I had to pit on lap 18, but was hoping to get 20 laps out of them. The hard treatment on the tyres in the first few laps from the battling really messed up my pace later on. Anyways, on to Suzuka...my specialty...
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done top 3, crazy good pace. The only way I was able to stay competitive was with the slip stream, but caught some grass after the chicane at the end of the main straight chasing Aussie and that was me done. Was chatting to the wife on the last lap with my headphones off, never a good idea, and binned it in Ascari. Decided it was best to make some sandcastles and vowed to find time to practice for the next race. Oh it's Suzuka, well maybe the race after this...
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done guys, was a tough old track and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who spent plenty of time mowing the grass and sweeping the sandpits. Congrat's Chev, half a minute up.... I'm hoping a lot of that was good strategy cause I reckon I would have lost 10-15 sec's with off-road excursions, but not 30! Mind you, I hadn't done any running on hard's really, so it was pretty scary after 2 stints on soft's to come out on cold hard's. My first 2 laps on hard's were agonisingly slow. In the end I think I did 8(S),10(S),5(H) but I killed the fronts super fast when running the soft's.

Pretty sure there were heaps of different strategies being used last night which is what we want to see, but the 2 stopper looked the goods. I started on soft's for reason's I won't say, but had no pit strategy planned. Deciding to 2 stop was a given when I was running on canvas by lap 8!!! Kudos to those guys who did 12 or 13 laps on the soft's. On to the sprint round.
  8. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

Sounds like you guys had a ripper.

Im confused, i thought you were only allowed 1 pitstop? Can i pit more than once? (im in div 3 btw, just asking)
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah CJ, you can pit more than once......as many times as you like actually, just so long as you run the hard tire....
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Did Holland show?
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    No Holland
    i sent him a message over PSN saying "Room Open".
    but he didn't show up so i sent anorther message saying & asking
    "that we had a race tonight and you wasn't there, are you ok with racing ROOZ still?"
    and Holland replied
    "that he forgot the race was on but he will there next weekend"

So Holland is still in.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I am interested to see how he performs, must be a lot of pressure on a bloke when everyone has an expectation and opinion of what you should be cable of.
  13. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah i have to agree with you there Clevo.
  14. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Na he didn't.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good thing we can pit more than once cause I wouldn't have made it with only 1 stop. Speaking of which, is there a closed pit for the sprint?? Do we all run on one tyre option or just do what we like as long as we do one lap on hard's?
  16. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I'm so disappointed that I missed the suzuka race with the connection issues that I'm having. My problem is that when I try to connect to Gran Turismo online, it takes a very long time to load and eventually the message errorID=2:519 comes up.

Since the 2.08 update was release last month they have been tinkering with their settings for the people who were initially affected. I'm pretty sure its just a compatibility issue with their current server settings and my modem+router combo (siemens speedstrem 4200 from optus and DLink Dl-624). If the issue doesn't get fixed by sunday I will miss that race as well and I will have to buy another modem.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Warrior, tried port fowarding or finding some different DNS settings? Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for these settings, but might be an avenue worth exploring.
  18. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I did port forward, I tried a primary DNS of 208.67.222.222 and secondary DNS of 208.67.220.220 and even changed to a different NAT type. I never had this problem the 2 years prior, it just happened yesterday.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    exactly what happened to me warrior.......all good till yesterday.
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's a bugger mate. Sounds like your all over it, hope it comes good soon. Best of luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.