IRACING iRacing V8 supercar Team 2013

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bonus 888, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer was hoping to get him in our top team, he is keen to put in some work and run the top split all next season so he has a spot if he doesn't get poached to another team. Not going to hold him back if he gets a better offer but sure he will keep the relationship with raceOnOz, been getting along pretty good with our guys.

All rooz drivers who have the v8 will be offered a skin, the teams will be sorted into skill level, may mean i even drop down to team 2 if i don't start getting better results.
  2. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Take me out of the main team next season if you like, I just can't find the time to put in the practice before a race. But will race when I can for one of our other teams
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I know this is a little off topic but.....Ya know how Scott McLaughlin is doing pretty well in his V8 debut season, well did he used to be on iracing?

Cause I swear I remember his name in a couple of races I was in with him and Giz a couple of years ago, MX5 races even. Anyway it be cool to see if it is him, its good to see "iracing aliens" cut the mustard in the real thing.

EDIT I think JMSR seems to work, the abreviation just seems to work together from a visual point too. The name is all time.

Could be a winner even from a commercial point of view.
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I might be wrong but I think Scott was one of the few who managed to beat Madison in a V8 championship. But, it was short lived. The very next season, Mad stole it back.
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Scotty and Shane Vgiz helped develop the V8 supercar for Iracing. Scotty was a regular in the v8 series, still there when he can be but haven't seen him on for a little while (understandably).
    No probs Basil, just race when you want to, thats why we have 4 or 5 in a team, only 2 count to team points each week and with 4 or 5 in a team it means no pressure to race all the time.

With Bathurst in 3 months or so and the driver swap for enduro races, we be looking at pairing drivers in the v8's as well for a race that is being planned. More on that when it is released.
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea I thinks Mads should be in the V8 devolpment series. The real life one. I think he'd be good enough.
  7. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Scotty never beat me in a V8 championship. :p However, a few seasons ago he was on his way and won the first 3 rounds of the championship before real life commitments got in the way. He is definitely a bloody quick driver and so is SVG...

Thanks mate. Hard to know, being quick in iRacing doesn't necessarily guarantee speed in real life... although I like to believe it does.
  8. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    The world's fastest alien, Greger Huttu, proved that it can be :)
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Pretty sure you would give them guys a run in the real deal to Mad, racing lines, on the limit speed and big balls makes for an elite race driver and these guys can bring that to Iracing, can't see why it wouldn't go the other way. Been proven before with GT5 drivers being quick in what ever that contest was called we Aussies were excluded from.
    Hey Mads you got a drive in that race to reality contest, you might get to race the Aussie racer and get there some day. How is it going, i don't have access to the Aussie section of the Iracing forum (thanks to some fool) so I can't see whats been happening with that lately? I will copy the details of the comp into a post in here when I get access back so the boys not on Iracing can follow the progress.

It was Mitch McLeod you were thinking of Miki and i won't mention that last corner spin again Mads ooops.
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1 on both of those - I think we all like to believe it does or we wouldn't be so concerned about 'realism'

Saw you had another run in the Cobra recently. How did that go?
  11. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Yeah I won the first heat for Race to Reality so now just gotta win the iRacing final for it.... Then win the overall final and i'm there! Easier said than done, but would be an awesome experience to drive at the Sydney 500 in an Aussie Racing Car. It would be one of those things that you would remember forever driving at an event that big.

Pretty well in the Cobra. Won my class by 12 seconds so can't complain (my dad didn't get a go at supersprints though due to a car breakage... I had him covered anyway... :p ) Did a personal best time over the 3 lap run so can't complain. Starting to get more confident with sliding a real car and driving them on the limit and not constantly stepping past it like I used to.

Full wrap up of the weekend including heaps of videos and pictures - http://forum.transtasmanracing.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=579#p9659
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Just another plug for Adrian. He is currently 2nd overall in the world at Lime Rock in the V8. Neishy is 25th. I am 530ish. Would be selfish to stop him if another team offers anything.
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Had a run with Straty last night and he is doing real well at Suzuka, got a 209.5 in Qual yesterday but had a 208.5 ish there in a qual session but lost it on the last corner. I'm lucky to be getting a 211 this week i feel.
    keen to give him his own team, do a skin for him with our sponsors and small rooz logo but give him the choice of his own team name (sponsor) and own Channel in team speak and pick drivers for it.
    Been good running practice session with someone so quick,(and getting quicker as he comes to terms with this sim and car), we been sharing our own setups but he does better with his and i can't drive his. I know we got Koastr and Beau that are just as quick, but with beau and Koastr so busy, its hard to catch up with them as often and with Straty keen to get his rating up to make the top splits we been getting a practice in most nights.
    Any which way he a good bloke and we all having fun practicing so he will be around for a while and there for some driving tips for our guys. A few teams who turned him down when he was looking for a team a while ago have been contacting him offering him a spot in their top team, so he sure is attracting some attention.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea was good catching up last night, been a while, was a real fun session. Good to meet Straty finally, props on his pace indeed. Ended up sticking with his set (with a minor BB adjustment) and got into the 10's before the sandman stole my focus. Hopefully get some more laps (and quicker times!) with you blokes in over the weekend. :D
  15. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    I will join the noob team lol, best is 2.17 so far but haven't had nearly enough time in the seat with the v8 yet
  16. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte

I was planning on stepping up with stratty, but damn hes gettin so quick now possible 2:08's? sheesh.
  17. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    I'm with you there. 2:16's for me, but I've had heaps of seat time. Just cannot get a handle on this car. Doing well in the McLaren for the World Cup though, 1:33.9 :)
  18. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    ahah, when i say hardly any time - i had a sesh the other night with neishy and bones, which was pretty much my first time in the car. i had a quick blat around lime rock the other week when i bought the car, but gave up after 3 or 4 laps coz i knew i couldnt handle it properly yet.

practice!!
  19. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    Will there be multiple broadcasts? Multiple servers? Who would team up with me if I cannot get someone by myself?
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    How did the boys go at Suzuka this week? Neishy and Straty were getting some great times in prac/qual.