Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Yeh, 3 D/C's. I didnt save the replay. Fairly sure it was a 8:43.0 though.
  2. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

My Fastest was a 8:39.8 something, so correcto for me.

Wow - What a disaster - Brain-Faded twice on my Qual LAp and it just kept going from there.
    Managed to find 4th & the back of the leader train on the GP circuit, Lap 1 - and that's where I stayed!

I had a very serious chance at 3rd - I was swapping with Tek as he pitted 1/2/2/2/2 and I chose 3/3/2/3.
    Too many mistakes on my end though - I think I did half of Lap 8 on the grass ! !

I had the gap I needed for my longer stop going into L8, and ended that lap on Tek's bumper.
    Oh well - roll on next week!
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Anon666 1:36:39.0
    N64TheStig007 1:37:25.5
    tekniqueAU 1:37:34.1
    natmanscoop 1:38:12.3
    FloodSim 1:38:15.0
    garyw61 1:38:45.1
    OverDrivve +1lap
    TTR_Joe90 +3laps
  4. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

The Atomic-bomb powered magneto-hovercraft race around the Nurburgring was well attended.

Top speeds around 1000mph, I hear.
  5. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Just some little problems with the ladder. Firstly Floodsim has got one 5th place but has 22 points. Secondly, shouldnt I atleast get points for 8th at Monza since i was there and tried to race..?
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well that was a very enjoyable race, and I was fairly confident on pole, to which I achieved by 2 seconds.

I defended like crazy on the 1st lap from Anon, but on the 2nd lap he had a run on me at the Flugplatz. He went up the inside before the fast left hander. I stuck it up the inside, and we were side by side heading into Hatzenbach. I criss crossed and attacked the inside and flew off the kerb into the lead. I know that will look cool on replay! Anon I believed thought he was faster, he went for the undercut. And it worked, with a 4 second gap to play with after my pitstop. Anon went wide leading on the back straight of the GP circuit, waving me through. I went for the 2 stop strategy afterwards. Anon switched to the 3 stop strategy. It was like a chess battle. Even though I pulled out a 20 second lead, mistakes crept in on lap 7, where I lost 6 seconds from a penalty and 4 from a half spin. After my pit stop on lap 8, Anon's lead seemed insurmountable. However, thought that we both have one more pit stop to do, and he has
    forced himself into finishing the race on heavily worn tyres. So I drove hard, to try and reduce the gap as much as possible. I realised with my current pace, fuel and tyre situation, I could take Anon on the last lap. But on lap 10, I under-fuelled the car, 29L was not enough. Realising that my fuel is too low, I needed to save fuel. I brought the
    gap down to just 9 seconds, but I couldn't attack. On the last lap, my fuel gauge was one pixel off the dot 1/4 of the way across. I realise after the race that a last lap splash and dash was not necessary. But I was thinking about the championship, and I though that 19 points (including pole) is better than losing a bucket load of points. So I gave Anon victory, and took the medicine. I was livid with myself As I knew I could whittle down 9 seconds with fresher tyres. The overall gap certainly did not reflect how close the race really was. I was also annoyed that natman could not keep tek behind, but that was out of my control obviously!

Anon is in red hot form, and if he keeps it up at Trial Mountain, I really think he would be in the box seat for the title.

Cheers, Jono
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah, that ladder definitely needs updating... Hehe
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I guess we were all racing in my zombiefied 5G then :)
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Fixed.

I just went off results listed, not all the other comments.
  11. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I had nothing :( my driving has has been getting worse lately..
    Well done to the other drivers for completing the race.
  12. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    With those times I would have come last lol. I think I did a 8.53 as a test lap
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    When I asked the room if I could race last night I said that I wouldn't take any points; I was only racing for fun and don't want to take points away from anyone.
    Can you adjust the points so that it's as though I was never there?

I missed joining this season due to YLOD on my old ps3 and not having any internet for a few weeks, but a Ring race is too tempting to ignore.
    It was good fun. Anon and N64 are at a whole other level. In the end I may have been able to challenge Tek if it wasn't for so many mistakes.
    Had no idea on fuel, so had to try save fuel for all of lap 10, and was close to hunting down natman on the final lap but wasn't quite close enough.

Thanks to the Div 2 guys for letting me race. Wouldn't mind doing the Sarthe race too if you'll have me.
  14. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Floodsim, I have omitted you from the ladder as requested.
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I did an 8:31xx final lap btw as that was the only flying lap I got cause I pitted so much.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry Tek, didn't let the replay run far enough through obviously.

@ Flood, you're more than welcome to run the remaining 2 races.
  17. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Just a general notice to all divisions, in order to prevent multiple reworks of the ladders wasting my time, I will now only post results taken from the division captain's results post, I am doing the ladders, I don't mind doing the ladders. But when I am getting directions to get results from Facebook pictures and no notice of DC's then I am reworking the ladders and getting annoyed.

So please just wait for your captain to post the results as it is their job, and they are responsible for the official results.

"Captains shall post finishing positions and fastest laps in their Division thread"

The above rule is taken from here and we should really keep to the rules set out for the past 11 seasons. We do appreciate everyone's enthusiasm on the results, but please leave it to your captain.

I would appreciate everyone's cooperation on this, thank you.
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Was a good race thanks guys. Well done to the podium takers, good driving.

Sorry to Nat and Joe. I saw you coming up behind me Nat, and it was obvious you were much faster than me through the twistier sections, so I attempted to move to the outside of the track to let you by. Put a wheel in the grass, and snapped back across the track and nearly took you out. Sorry about that! I was concentrating on getting back in shape and didnt see you until you were up me clacker sorry Joe. Actually I think I did that to you more than once, sorry! We did have some good racing there for a while, swapping positions a few times. Too many mistakes for me unfortunately, mainly from losing concentration. was fun, but glad it's over!

Sorry to mention it Clevo, but there is still a small error with the ladder. I was 3rd at Monza, and Nat 4th. I don't think it will matter though, so leave it.
  19. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Algood Gary...i didn't try and get pass you as i was really struggling to find any sort of rhythm...think i hit every sand bunker the place has got!!
  20. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    make sure you check your horse power :p
    like I said on page 8 mine was 20 less than standard from bumps/engine damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.