Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)

Yeah @ madrid I thought the race was starting at 8:30 and went to add Gary but I suspect he was already racing >.<

As for last night I bought The Last of Us on Friday and well yeah I'm fairly hooked on it sooo when I do finish it I should be back into GT.

Sorry guys, definately have been slack with GT in recent weeks.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    So after all the bull^#+} with the router settings and everything done right, thanks to Sergio, a 3 hour excursion came to nothing. I must thank Sergio for all his help taking his time out for helping me. But alas, I am still stuck with Type 3 Nat. And I really, really don't want to miss this race... :(
  3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

That sucks the big one N64, ummm, I'm out of ideas.

For the 24hr enduro - I did a quick test, and rain is a bit.. . . tricky at the Burger ring.
    Are we just running this one dry, and save the rain for LeMans ?

For time change - if we start at 8am game time, with time acceleration around 18-20x ?
    That gives 20-25mins of night-time, and we should finish late afternoon the next day.

I tried time on 60x and it's just silly - night only lasts 1 lap !
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID

I don't think there will be any rain, but I really, really hope darkness is a feature of the race. 60X is a bit silly
    as we found out after everyone left, but It'll be awesome to have the
    race finish at sunrise.
  5. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Yea no offense taken.. I wasn't confident at all before the race, just felt so much slower than the rest of you lads.. Then i got hit with a collision penalty and engine damage on the 1st corner from Joe spinning out.. which pretty much took away all motivation to try.
    So yea I'm fine with aggregate if need be, it's pretty much a guarantee that dougz would've finished above me.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, I just got ya on the line mate, sorry about that! There must have been only metres in it.

Some fantastic racing, the draft was a real leveller.

Don't really know what to do re the situation with Dougz and N64, it's a real shame. Is it not possible for either one or both of you to try an ethernet-over-power unit?
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There is going to be rain and darkness??? Yikes, I did not know this. It says nothing on the track list.
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I'm pretty sure Anon mentioned there would be no night/rain at either the Ring or Le Mans.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Unless Cyber has something in store for us at LeMans, this weeks race will have no weather, and no time change. Sorry for those who have tested, but as you found out it is very hard to get the parameters set perfectly so we decided to leave it for this season.
  10. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

How about no rain, Dawn to Dusk?

Start Qual at 5:20am, 20mins qual then 95-105mins race. (I figure there'll be a spread from Div 1-4).
    With time on 7x that puts the finish for Div.1 around 7pm, and Div 4 around 8pm.

FYI: Dawn starts 5am, Sundown is around 9pm. The 'ring looks awesome at dawn !
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I just briefly sum up my race last week as I did a full tortoise number to snatch 2nd :p

Did no practice and qual'd 2nd last way off the pace, pretty much resigned myself to finishing at the back for the race. Got a cracker start of the line and pulled in tight behind Joe, I dont know if thought he didnt have room or was looking back at me Joe got 2 wheels into the dirt at turn 1 and wasnt able to hold it. I felt there was no contact and he had room to slot in so I didnt stop. (Can study replay, I looked briefly but didnt study all angles)

Anyway slotted in behind the 5 fast guys for a lap before they took off I was still doing mid 42's at this point so by 3 laps or so they were some 4-5 seconds down the road. Something marvelous happened tho, they started battling to much and started losing lap speed :p the gap got to about 6 seconds but stayed there.

By lap 10 I actually started to do a few PB laps even on the older rubber, couple that with a few of them having short cut penalties and what not and I was back in! Annon finally made a break from the draft and held a solid lead I some how found myself in 2nd about-3-4 secs in front of 3rd. I was able to hold this gap till the pit stops due to finally coming to terms with the track and good tyres from going so slow 1st few laps.

(Geez this is getting abit long) :p Anyway what I didnt mention is I saved fuel once I caught the back just hanging at the back as I knew I didnt have the pace to battle or attempt to pull away. (Not the most honarable tactic but a valid one)

Took a risk at the pit stop and put 29 litres in as I knew it was my only hope of getting a result as I was just way to slow. Came out in 1st just ahead of Annon, I didnt battle him at all because it just wasnt in my interests, opened the door for him and let him go.

At this point ive got about 4-5 second lead over nat with 64 not far behind and there my concern. I held the gap pretty well doing a few more PB's (mid 40's) as I slowly found a little more pace. With about 4-5 laps to go my lap times started rissing
    I'd pushed the tyres as hard as I could and I knew it was inevitable Nat was going to reel me in, Nat was also on fresher rubber pitting a lap or two latter.

I had a plan on how I wanted to tackle it, I wanted to go into the last corner behind then strip stream him to the line. Looked like it was going to pan out that way for a while as he passed me down the straight lap 25 i passed him back 26, so I thought he pass me back down the main staright starting lap 27. Turned out he didnt :p He started playing my game lol!!!! Just hanging behind me down the straight not passing . At this point I thought he's either low on fuel or want to go into the last turn behind. So I thought owell I just better try and nail the last section as best I can.

Got a great run through the final Chicane and opened the gap slightly and stated weaving down that final back straight like a mad man trying to break him :) Struggled last corner with the tyres and he was right back on me, I dont know how it would of panned out but not long after the exit he lost speed and I knew he was out of fuel :p Tough break. A result I thought I wouldnt of had a snowballs chance in hell of getting after qual.

RE: time I worked out how to perfecly get 24 hours over a race before in the past one season, it worked out perfectly. Probably can find in archives, you have to take qual time into consideration too.
  12. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Sorry Overdrive for ruining your race..i just about stuck my foot thru the screen i was so anrgy.
    Wasn't you either Tek..i did keep a wider line to allow you room but it was the main pack which
    slowed where i was not expecting it to and to stop shunting someone i gave it too much brake and it dropped the rear wheel into the dirt.
    Every lap i crossed over my death spiral skid marks just made it worst - i wanted to be in the draft pack with the rest of you so bad!
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea i could see it was abit of a forgetable night for ya. I watched the replay and you did all the hard work to catch back up to 64 and gary before the pitstop only lose alot of the time again due to over fueling and small incident into the last chicane..
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well the weather has turned to rubbish up here, and if it stays this way we might head back from the coast early. Either way, Gary can you host and boys please try and get on early. There has been a bit of talk about lap times...forget that, he who runs 11 laps with the fewest offs will win.
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    No worries. I will have the room open at around 7.30pm, with flying lap qualy starting at 8.00pm on the dot.

With around 20 minutes qualifying and 95-100 minutes for the race, should be done by 10pm.
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    I'm buying the car and having a go at this.... Ok to join div2 room??
  17. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Please do !!
  18. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I got no problems with it beannie. I don't anticipate seeing too many other cars for most of the race this week anyway!
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    YESSSSSS!!!!!!
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Iracing site still down? ]:D
    Just kidding mate, the more the better ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.