Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Will be there...hope to put a better effort in tonight :rolleyes:
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hope we see you Wednesday fot the world tour rehearsal Joe, bring along your Holden of choice, an Integra and an LFA :)
  3. WAC

PSN ID
    Sorry but i'm still working out of town during the week, get back most Fridays(will be like that for a couple of months).

Great racing tonight fella's...turned out to be alot closer at the finish than i thought.
    Congrtz to Anon for the win..not sure of the div2 champ status?
    Thought i had stolen a 3rd tonight with a shorter fuel stop than Tek & Gary but after a brief interlude with Jono for 2nd
    i decided to build a sand castle off to the left, over looking the track, nice little spot, :rolleyes:
    Anyway i had a great fun tonight thanks guy's ...look forwarding to racing with you again in the future. :cool:
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Has been a great season, big thanks to all the boys in Div 2 and to Cyber who did the bulk of the work organizing the car and tracks etc. I really hope everyone gets back on board for next season, a new car, fresh rooms and more close racing!!

Ok, as for the last round, the results are:

Anon 4:04.616
    N64 4:04.258
    Tek 4:05.702
    Gary 4:04.269 (Pole)
    Joe 4:06.062
    Overdrive 4:06.015
    Flood 4:05.887

Some pretty hot laps Gary and N64. Everyone seems to have gotten much quicker as the season has progressed, more speed, fewer mistakes, looking good for next season.

Thanks again lads.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That was an incredible race.
    To have any chance of the title, I needed to gain the maximum of 27 pts.
    I already threw it away after dipping a wheel at the Porsche curves. I was convinced that lap was enough for pole as I was gaining on gary and he ended up on pole. Also had the fastest lap too!

Starting in 5th, I got a wonderful start, moving into 2nd behind the polesitter. I had already moved into the lead with a move into the Tertre Rouge. Futile considering the powerful slipstream.
    Despite this, I was overly ruthless in my defending. I shall be readdressing this for next season.
    The Porsche curves proved to be a nightmare for everyone.
    The race quickly transcended into a duel between myself and Anon. I meanwhile, I (pointlessly) was begging that Joe and Gary could keep Tek behind. My Damon Hill defending wasn't doing myself any favours, and I probably made a few of you angry. Nevertheless, the duel was fantastic, until Anon tripped up at the Porsche curves. I grew the gap to around 6 seconds, until Anon decided to pit on lap 5. I did a lap later.
    If there is one thing that had cost me a bucketload of points this season (besides my :):):):)ty internet), is my pitstops. Fuel has been my downfall. This time, I put in waaaay too much. Cost me at least 8 seconds.
    As you may or may not know, I have an immense hatred of PD's horrendous penalty system. After watching a lot of the LM24 this year (R.I.P Allan Simonsen), I decided I would steal their lines. But I digress. Point being, why is it that I can almost blatantly cut the Tertre Rouge, practically straight line the Ford curves, steal a bit at the end of the Mulsanne, and demolish the Mulsanne chicanes and not recieve a single penalty, but if I brake a bit late or recover from the gravel at 60km/h do I have to idle for 5 seconds?? It blows my mind how inconsistent it is. I lost 10 seconds in 2 consecutive laps to Anon. Nevertheless, with just 1 and a half laps to go, gary and Joe joined the battle. Since Anon was really struggling, so I needed to dispatch them quickly. Gary blew it by putting a wheel on the grass and rather hilariously in front of me, just missing him. Tek crucially moved up a spot. Joe was giving me a hard
    time but he decided to make a sandcastle at (guess where) the Porsche curves. Tek benefitted again.
    So last lap, a win was still on. I was gaining on him hand over fist, using every inch of my (clears throat) professional lines. Anon went wide at the end of the Mulsanne, and we were side by side. He stuck it up the inside after the Indianapolis, not letting me get away. Unfortunately he ghosted, earning early benefit of the slipstream. I understeered at the Porsche curves and gifted him the win.

A really thoughroughly enjoyable season, where this 3 way battle between Tek, Anon and I will be remembered for a long time on my behalf. I do think I would have won the title had my internet not betray me during the season, but on such things are championships made. Anon lost 2 races as well, so kudos to him. Tek was always there, always in the thick end of the points, despite not always having the ultimate pace. Anon came alive at the latter stage, making the absolute most of every opportunity. I, like S10, will be ruing driver errors and miscalculations but I can take great satisfaction out of my performances this season. I'll never quite work out how I won at Rome by over half a minute, that is a race I'll look back on with a great smile. Now, onto Season 12, possibly the last hurrah before GT6!

Cheers and thank you to all, Jono
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Actually I think I might win by one point, as anon didn't get fasted lap or pole. Have to add up carefully, but my quick calculation im dropping 10 atm but gained 15 tonight. So I'll be 116 points all up and Anon will be 115 points.
  7. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    [h]Division 2 Final Standings (revised)[/h]
    Code:
    Ps. Driver:                         Finishing positions         =Points tally
                                 R1   R2   R3   R4   R5   R6   R7
                                ROME DAYT MADR MONZ NURB TRIA LE M 
    01. tekNique -----------:     2    1  (5)    2    3    1    3   = 116 (126)
    02. Anon666-------------:   DNS   *2  DNS    1   *1  *^2    1   = 115
    03. N64thestig007-------:   *^1    9    1  *^5   ^2  DNS   *2   = 104
    04. garyw61-------------:     3  (5)    4    4    5    3   ^4   =  77 (87)
    05. TTR_joe90-----------:     6    6    2    6    8  DNS   5    =  66
    06. natmanscoop---------:     5   ^3  DNS    3    4    5  DNS   =  63
    07. overdrivve ---------:     4    7    6  (7)    7    6    6   =  48 (54)
    08. dougz --------------:     8    4  DNS    8    6    4  DNS   =  40
    09. GTP_Dutch-----------:   DNS    8  *^3  DNS  DNS    7  DNS   =  27
    10. sidfire1------------:     7  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS   =   6
    11. Beannie-------------:   DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS   =   0
    12. groover33-----------:   DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS   =   0

8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Holy :):):):) tek! You've done a Hamilton 2008! Well done on the title!
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Lol Joe was 5th Clevo... Glitch perhaps?
    Also, thank you for your endless support and effort this season, it'd be a shambles without you!
  10. WAC

PSN ID
    Well done Tek!!
    Thanks to all the Mods for making this thing happen - helps get thru the week just thinking about the
    great racing to come!
    (err Clevo i did race in the last one? - no bigger anyway)
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    All fixed guys, the spreadsheet kept listing him as DNF regardless of me listing him as 5th :/ let me know if I missed anything else.

[h]Division 2 Final Standings (revised)[/h]
    Code:
    Ps. Driver:                         Finishing positions         =Points tally
                                 R1   R2   R3   R4   R5   R6   R7
                                ROME DAYT MADR MONZ NURB TRIA LE M 
    01. tekNique -----------:     2    1  (5)    2    3    1    3   = 116 (126)
    02. Anon666-------------:   DNS   *2  DNS    1   *1  *^2    1   = 115
    03. N64thestig007-------:   *^1    9    1  *^5   ^2  DNS   *2   = 104
    04. garyw61-------------:     3  (5)    4    4    5    3   ^4   =  77 (87)
    05. TTR_joe90-----------:     6    6    2    6    8  DNS   5    =  66
    06. natmanscoop---------:     5   ^3  DNS    3    4    5  DNS   =  63
    07. overdrivve ---------:     4    7    6  (7)    7    6    6   =  48 (54)
    08. dougz --------------:     8    4  DNS    8    6    4  DNS   =  40
    09. GTP_Dutch-----------:   DNS    8  *^3  DNS  DNS    7  DNS   =  27
    10. sidfire1------------:     7  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS   =   6
    11. Beannie-------------:   DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS   =   0
    12. groover33-----------:   DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS  DNS   =   0

12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good stuff! Yeah big thanks to Clevo, remiss of me not to thank you and Stu for your work this season.

Wow, first time I looked at the ladder. Given I missed 2 rounds, figured I was going to be midfield, maybe sneaking into top 3. Sheesh, well deserved championship Tek. You have 3 things most of us didn't; Consistency, good race stratagies, and an attitude that said "I'm never giving up, ever!!". Well done again!!
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46

OK, see you next Sunday then.
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats on the win Anon, and congrats on the championship tek. Bad luck N64, things just didn't pan out for you on the night. There really wasn't much between you 3 all season, and things would've been much more interesting if not for your internet issues Jono. Hopefully all 3 of you will move up to div 1 next season.

I really enjoyed this season. There has been a lot of fun, fair racing, thanks to everyone. I actually did a lot better than what I thought I would in the higher division, I was expecting to finish near the tail end every week. Thanks to Anon for being skipper, and thanks Clevo for keeping the ladder up-to-date.
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Lol cheers guys :) I feel like I did abit of a Steven Bradbury and to quote him "Obviously I wasn't the fastest skater. I don't think I'll take the medal as the minute-and-a-half of the race I actually won. I'll take it as the last decade of the hard slog I put in."

Not one pole or fastest lap but meh ill take it and it will slot in nicely on my sig.
    /cheers
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done tek, well deserved mate.

Great job Clevo, cyber and anon for keeping things running and up to date.

I hope to be back on deck in the next few weeks so looking forward to getting back on track.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah, we need you back Stu, we've missed you! :)
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    No probs guys, just sorry for screwin up the ladders now and then :8
  19. WAC

PSN ID
    At least there is a ladder - much appreciated.
    My position on the ladder looks far better than how i actually drove in this season - i'm going to blame
    the cold weather on this one as the garage where the rig is setup doesn't really have any insulation
    and come race time it's like a damn fridge (helps with keeping the beer cold!).
    Ok enough with the excuses! - see you all on track soon enough :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.