Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I will be hosting a full race distance practice lobby soon, open to all who'd like to fine tune strategy.
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Room now open
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'll only restart for late joiners if I'm less than 10 laps in
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Connecting now!
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm sorry guys, but unless Telstra can get their :):):):) together and fix the internet after all this rain, I can't make it tonight. Hopefully it's fixed by the race start. Stupid internet has been gone since Friday morning :(
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

That's a shame N64
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah, looks like the championship is just between you and Anon now, shame I can't run off this bloody 3G network, though 200MB wouldn't get me very far!

Or maybe I can do a douggy and submit a time later, with permission of course.
  8. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

HOORAY!!! Umm, I mean.. What? haha.
    Nah, that sucks N64. Im glad i finally get to have a proper race though. 2nd one for the season..
  9. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Sorry for the short notice guy's ..i'm going to have to throw the towel in on this race.
    see you's next week.
    Get in there Dougz!!
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Haha you cheeky bastard douggy! Could you do me a favour? Could you just, you know? Maybe T-Bone Anon or Tek? Both would be even better! ;)

Have a good race fellas, spewing I'm missing it!

Cheers, Jono
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Got to be online on the night and in a room with a mod/captain sorry N64. The bloody network and internet issues are really plaguing Div 2 this season. Could be a whole different championship ladder with a full room each race.

Hope you can be here next week Joe, we'll be missing Nat - he's got to go bang his head somewhere??

Now the results, bad news N64:

Tek 1:25.877
    Anon (pole) 1:25.352
    Gary 1:25.851
    Dougz 1:26.398
    Nat 1:26.215
    Overdrive 1:26.379
    Dutch 1:26.261

Well done lads, hate that track. Hit every wall and, as per usual on this track, had a massive spin. Bring on La Sarthe!!
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

Well done guys, I think we'd be fairly equal now, Tek still needs to drop his worst round, which was a 5th place. Not over yet boys... :)
  13. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Was good to race again. I was a bit off the pace in quali, but was hoping i could hang on the back and see what lines other people were taking and where they were braking. That wasnt to be the case as a lagging Dutchy took me and Overdrivve out before the first tunnel on the first lap :/

Pretty happy with 4th i guess haha.
  14. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I'm hearing ya, got lag punted at the tunnel too, square up the clacka, and back wheels were shot, you can actually see the rear wheels are out of line in the replay :rolleyes:
  15. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Sucks hey.. I didnt watch the replay, but im pretty sure i had damage to 3 wheels and engine damage. Took a few corners before it fixed itself. By then the lead pack were like 13 seconds up the road.
  16. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    hey guys- was the lag crash because of me? Sorry about that. I thought i was coming in pretty clean and then got punched into the wall from behind. But i didnt watch the replay to see what happened. So yeah, sorry then.

After shaking off a car full of red wheels and transmission, me doug and overdrivve were a long straight away from the leading pack. Fair enough i thought, these things happen. At least i can race against Doug and OD down the back. I tried to drive the balls off the car to make a gap from doug bit he was too consistent and caught up to me until i eventually made a fatal mistake before the first stops. and it kept on going downhill until i gave up and went upstairs to watch elementary with the wife (where have i heard that before...?) ;)

So sorry about the lag and sorry about my retirement (again). WD to the guys in the 25's.
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

To be honest I reckon Gt5 was better before the whole tyre/fuel change update. Especially for league racing. You could fix though if they allowed you to change fuel and tyre separate. IE you could have low fuel consumption but high tyre wear (so no one has to put fuel in like used to be) Its a shame that so much of the race now comes down to how much fuel you put in. The different tyre wear between compounds was a lot better too, running two tyre types was a viable option (as a lot would remember)

Anyway, I'll check the replay to see what happened with the lag. From my point of view I tried to pass Dutch into turn one as I wanted to get in 3rd from 4th on the grid to stay with the 2 pace setters, we went side by side through turn 1, side by side over the crest but I had inside for the next turn. Held the inside for the turn giving room on the outside then dutch went flying past me on outside hitting the wall.

From there I just tried to stick with the leaders, like moto GP no need to pass just keep em close :p Nat was close behind me putting some pressure on so I had to be on it. He was right on my tail for a few laps but dropped a wheel coming out of the hairpin after the back straight. Didn't lose it totally but lost 2-3 secs and we never saw him again.

From there I tailgated gary while anon built a solid 7 sec odd gap. Around lap 9 I passed gaz on what felt better rubber and actually closed the gap to annon to around 5 secs. He pitted lap 11 though so I knew he has to do 2 stops now, so I pushed on for a 1 stopper knowing that's my best shot to beat his pace..

Pitted lap 16 and to my suprise gary who was right behind me did one more lap, put 12 liters in (which is equal time to tyre change nearly) and set off with a healthy 19 secong lead over gary after he pitted, he'd put more fuel in and I'm sure doing the 17th lap on rubber didn't help.. (Like I said the fuel model change can ruin a good race)

I could see anon was gonna catch gary and I was really worried if I had enough fuel so I conserved big time, rolling down the hill down the back straight, short shifting, rolling into braking zones ect, to save every drop. Turns out I had plently anyway and could of pushed hard. Just managed the gap though and brought it home 11 secs odd in front of Annon.

Its good to get a second win over him :p Prob best for the champ N64 btw, cause with my drop round if Anonn won he'd be tough to beat in the last round and he's probably the favourite atm..

BTW Overdrive I know its been a tough last couple of races for ya, your lap time was good though and your a good clean racer. I reckon if ya can stick it out we'll put ya in Div 3 (however numbers pan out) and you'll have some great racing, as you can see in there thread, they've had a great season of racing.
    /cheers
  18. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Hey guy's ..back from working down country for the week...anybody hitting the track tonight?
    I need some practice badly!!
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

FRiday night!! booze and drum session for me. Cant game when had a couple I get head spin. Hope to se ya sunday though Joe. And remember everyone you cant win a race on the 1st lap but you sure can lose one.
  20. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Thanks mate, Its been a rough season for me, but im still happy to be racing. My only other season (3) was a constant battle of internet drop outs so it's quite luxurious to be able to participate in full races haha.
    But yea div 3 would be good, a bit more suitable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.