GT6 [COMPLETED] Australasian GT Community Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Feb 13, 2014.

1. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    I think N64 had an easy passage through as everyone watched him lag all over the place in the first 3 laps and backed off. The first lap all I had was a smoke screen from him and the 4 cars directly in front ended up slowing down to keep away which resulted in red getting spun around when the pack jammed up. After all the server issues I really wasn't in the mood to drive so just cruised around the whole race.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you put the results up I will put in the HOF when I have access issues addressed.
  3. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    Sadly last night was a mess with the server issues :(
    But please, can we have a long hard think about people who LAG?
    I think VH has hit the nail on the head as the lagging vehicle gets an easy passage while those around either dirive different lines or can't see from the smoke or worse, get hit off.
    I would really like to do a full championship between the 3 race groups but we would need to have no laggy racers to make it fair.
    Sadly I can't make next weeks race as I am in Sydney for the holidays
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah I agree velly, it's not their fault they are lagging in most cases because of PD's Horrific servers, but sometimes the greater good has to be thought of, for the sake of a fair race.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and velly like this.
  5. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

Hey guys
    I agree with vh mik N64 was lagging all over the shop and i was very distracted by him jumping around so yeah i backed off and let him passed .
    Cheers redness-63
    velly likes this.
  6. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Incedent was at t1 lap 2, it may have been lag but at the time it seemed as if you just T-boned me when I turned in, IMO t1 isn't really a passing spot unless you are clear of the other driver, you can't go through there two wide.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Lag is a b..ch mate, remember throwing all my toys off the cod when I got hit by you in Laguna (Citroen season) even though you were some distance behind.
    I feel for you but also for all the guys affected by lag :oops:
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I Propose we move this series to next Wednesday if that's ok, Tuesday seems to be maintanence day for the foreseeable future.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    N64's fastest lap had a cut on turn 1 so Fastest lap went to Toivo as far as I could tell.
    velly likes this.
  10. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    Great work Hatz. You can go side by side in T1, Zampli and myself did it last week, It is all about leaving room and adjusting your line but you are correct in the fact that is not the best place for an over take.
  11. Lost-on-drugz

Lost-on-drugz New Recruit

I agree the lag is very anoying so many times in the nurb gp track i was affected and had to go right back to nearly last place
    also i was not impressed with n64 at nurb gpf i had made a move at the dunlop hairpin first few laps as he went wide and i took inside line stuck to my line and ended up getting pushed into the grass over the inside kurbing by him which resulted in me rejoining the track with cold and dirty tyres which resulted in the car very unstable and me spinning out

I did how ever notice that thier was lag from alot people at nurb and i suggest to warrior it may have been his host so said oni should try host the lobby and it seemed fine for me and alot of other people. did anyone else find this to be true aswell?

Trial mountain what a blast me and mint gtr were going neck and neck i was trying everything to make him make a mistake to get the pass on him , last lap i managed to do so on the long striaght got the run up on him and what do you know i was to earger on the gas going through the tunnel and understeered into the wall giving him back the p2 position what a great race mint gtr was a good battle , look forward to the next race :)

bad luck musta i knew if i just let you pass and sit behind you illd try pressure you into making a mistake , i didnt get damage from you hitting me but it slowed me down alot and lost alot of speed and time to the 2nd 3rd place drivers but all was ok
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    velly and MINT_GTR like this.
  12. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    [quote author=asuka611 link=topic=111.msg739#msg739 date=1397621640]
    Hatfield, Great effort with the points and race data.
    Gentleman, Here are details for next week's race:
    The Car: Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
    The Tyres: SPORTS MEDIUMS
    The Track: Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
    [​IMG]
    Laps: TBD (Race length ~40mins)
    Tuning: Prohibited
    Tyre Wear: Normal (No Stop required)
    Visual damage: OFF (reduces lag)
    Mechanical Damage: Light
    Penalties: OFF
    Acceptable track boundaries will be clarified in later post.
    Oni/Mustafur, I also would like to request that in Velly's absence, we would like to nominate MrTaital to take his spot. Please confirm if this is OK with you.
    Cheers,
    Arie
    [/quote]
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    MrT drove for the ORS in race 1 lol
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Good luck next week guys, hope something reasonable gets sorted out with the lag and again , sorry I only made one race, I'll be away next week as well, no gt till the 28th for me.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Does anyone across the group of racers have cable?? If not can we talk Leeboy or ?Gaz or someone with cable to host?

@Mus, I think you may be right about the Tuesday thing, but can you please ensure that everyone across all the teams agrees with a change to Wednesday. If not you should stick with the Tuesday for next week, but from here on look at a different night.

BTW I have put my hand up to race in this and am still happy to do so, but I need more than 30 minutes notice?? Can fill in for Z if need be or take N64's place if there is concerns about lag (network, talent or age) - it would be great to keep the event going now and into the future, I'd hate for it to be written off because of the server's ineptitude, or for the winner of this series to have their trophy tarnished by the other teams feeling that lag cost them? And...as much as it's great to have a full room, it may be best to have 4 drivers per team next time around??
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sigh. Can't say I'm too pleased at all. I'm rightly fed up with this lag bull:):):):), that, like I've said time, and time again, has only appeared after an update (1.03). As with everyone, I look forward to racing hard and close, and when I can't even do that, through no fault of my own, well. There's really not much point, is there? People can't race with me because of this. It's terrible.

I'm getting tired of being constantly fired upon due to it, wether it be for Seasonal races, AGTCC or even casual community races, which is why I'm not putting my hand up to race in Round 3, as much as I would have enjoyed doing a 3 part series review for ROOZ NEWS. I'm falling on my sword as a benefit to all of you. I'm well and truly tired of being the scapegoat for all these race problems. It is rather depressing. Adding onto that, I certainly didn't see the benefit of starting last, in fact, I think it only made things worse.

Considering I qualified 2nd, it surely wouldn't have been obvious that I was going to make my way up and battle for position anyway? So no, starting last didn't achieve anything aside from not ruining the faster drivers races. It did, however, ruined perhaps my only chance of winning, making this whole fortnight of practice seem like a huge waste of effort.

Once again, through no fault of my own, I ruined Redness' race and Mustafur's race, to which I apologise for.

As for my own race, wether you think I received a "free passage" or not, I was very happy with my race, making up a few positions at the start, and benefitting from an accident on lap 2 ahead. I ran behind Hatfield for about 2 laps until he slid wide. From then on, I was gaining on the leaders slowly but surely. Mustafur was in the wall and I got ahead of him. Soon though, I made my only error of the race, and let him back through, as we caught Oni.

On the final lap, I saw a chance to steal 5th back. I went for the gap, gave Mus plenty of room but of course, the lag struck at the worst possible time. I couldn't quite get Oni for 4th, but 5th probably was the best I could hope for starting last. I did get the fastest lap, but it was clearly a corner cut.

I've done everything I could conceive to fix this issue, but nothing has worked. I wish PD would just go back to update 1.02 so I could enjoy close quarters racing again and not have to worry about lag. Whilst overall I was happy with my driving, giving it my best and being right up at the pointy end in terms of speed and consistency with the help of my teammates, it has left me with a foul, horrible taste in my mouth.

It is now absolutely crystal clear to me now, that I can't race at all competitively anymore for the reasons above. This whole situation is very depressing for me as I love online racing so much, I was incredibly pumped for this series initially. But due to the lag issues, it's been a shambles. Good luck to everyone for the final round, and I'm sorry for all the chaos I've caused.

All the best, Jono.
    MINT_GTR and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  17. Lost-on-drugz

I think your reading into it to much as digs at you n64, which isn't the case,
    im sure people are just not performing at 100% when your driving around them because of this issues which in return only benefits you. when i was following you on nurb gp f before and after the inciddent at the hairpin your car would be 2 car lengths infront then would smash into me and slow me down and illd end up going slower and giving you a boost. It made it impossible to even think about an attempt at passing you so i had to half throttle alot near you and couldnt drive at my maximum speed,
    So dont get all down and out thinking people are making digs at you and saying your dirty etc its just your connection issues that other people shouldn't have to deal with.
    O and i think in my opinon starting last did benefit most people as the slower guys were quiet away off the race pace and would have made for a easyer pass and quicker pass which in return would mean less time other races spent around you resulting in less issues rather than being a tenth or 2 between the lead pack and consisitantly being in the group causing issues

Also carn am i still D1 with pualie? / Annon i think you make for some wise words, i think in most peoples case as tuesday was the day decided on would be best and as only one more race left might aswell leave it as is and for a new season make a different day, I can speak on behalf of the ORS that whoever wins will not be tarnished as the ORS isnt about winning , we are about ( close clean profesional fun racing ) i actually think this has been a good idea to get the 3 groups together and to do it again no matter who wins,
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Anon666 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I understand everyone's frustration, and I'm sick of being the cause of it. Nobody has called me a dirty driver yet, which is good, I consider being infamous for dirty tactics far, far worse than lag. I want everyone to have a fun race, and clearly that can't happen with me on the grid, so I'm biting the bullet.
  19. Lost-on-drugz

N64 probably a stupid question but have you actualy tryed ringing / email tech support at pd or whoever deals with the online servers for info on why and ways to prevent better compatability with the online? they did make the game and shiz so may have some usefull stuff?
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I guess I could try that as a last roll of the dice.