GT6 [COMPLETED] Australasian GT Community Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    This isn't mob rule kind of thing or whatever, i do feel bad for you N64 but when you can't race in a race, it kind of destroys it for you.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm fully aware of that.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Who's your ISP N64? What type of plan do you have?
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Telstra.
    It's unlimited usage and is part of the phone plan.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @N64, from what I have heard from the guys on this thread and out the back, all have been impressed with your pace and commitment. Your results have been good and you are only getting faster. I feel like I dropped a bomb in here earlier, but trust me, I only posted to offer some help - be that as an administrator or a driver. The staff here want this series to continue as it creates a real team mentality on the forum, and by all accounts, the sportsmanship across the 3 forum's has been top-shelf.

Re-reading what I posted I can understand why you feel a bit aggrieved, but I was really just trying to offer solutions to the problems - it was never meant as anything personal. Nor was I having a go at Z for pulling out late, done it myself enough times.

Anyway, I'll retract my head and leave this to Mus and Cyber to nut out.

PS - If you call the PD help line, can you ask them why the '91 MX-5 (NA) isn't shown with the top up in the dealership, whereas the '91 MX-5 (NA,J) is! I mean forget the pit glitch, who let this through??
  6. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

Hey guys

Jono (N64) we all know it's not your fault and we don't blame you. GT6 and PD are absolutely crap at the moment. Let's hope they wake up too them self's and fix these ridiculous problems so we can get back to some good fun lag free racing.

Cheers redness-63
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    No no, there's no problem Anon, I can understand everyone's frustration and I accept everyone's assistance. This issue has been causing me too much stress. I too want this series to succeed, but unfortunately it's better off without me and my lag. Hopefully when it's resolved I can enjoy the fantastic racing I've come to love here at ROOZ and make a return to this series.

Thankfully, right now, Serge and I are working furiously to fine tune my internet in the hope we get some sort of result.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Lag pretty much killed my PC Sim Racing days back in the late 2000s highly fustrating times, got banned from more communites i could name just for massive lag(mostly due to being in Australia vsing Euro leages) and it sucked when you know you have the pace to fight for wins.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ding dong, we have a winner! :)
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Lol anon I didn't take it as anything bad as I gave four hours notice, I was only making the assumption there'd be someone as dek said he'd be on call, Dan was interested as well and you.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    as crap as my race turned out, I was there to fill in Zamps. and can do again next week if needed I think.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yea next week is definite no no for me as I'll be in Melbourne
  13. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    See if they can alter your speed profile. Some ISP's can offer you a more stable connection that sacrifices a bit of speed, or a really responsive, quick network, that will forgo a bit of stability.
  14. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Correct, also if you want to test a billion router let me know..Ive got one lying around
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    In the DSL settings on your modem you can also play around with the various DSL Modulation Types and Annex Types, as some will give you slightly better connections at a slightly compromised speed drop (all depending on your plan, line speed etc).

I can't remember what mine is off the top of my head but I changed mine which gives me a slightly slower speed but seems much more stable.

Perhaps write down what the modem is set to initially, so it you don't like any changes you make you can set these back to what they were before you started playing around.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Serge's adjustments seemed to have improved things, but still prone to the spikes.
  17. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    It definitely would be best if Oni hosted the final race, I don't get get why it was troublesome for some on Tuesday, since it went pretty well 2 weeks ago.

I'm more than convinced the lag spike issue is modem/router related.
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    That's what I think too, some modem router combos have very bad effects with GT6, richly in OCMB had the same problem then it went away once he got a NETGEAR Modem/Router.
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Jono's PS3 was using the router as DNS, so one more jump in the middle to whatever the ISP assigns (and no secondary DNS). That alone had a great impact but a few more bits can be tweaked:
    1. Setup DMZ
    2. Set a better DNS for his area (currently using google's 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 as secondary)

You'll get there mate.
  20. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Are we racing R3 tomorrow night ? And what car/track ?