Division 3 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    How are you going for tonight's pace at this track I haven't done much practice yet it's hard to find time when I have new games for the ps4 haha
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Don't mention the Ps4 to poor Stumbles.... Sony can suck a big one as far as he's concerned lo!! ;)
    Stumbles likes this.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'm fairly slow at Daytona, 38's.
    As for PS4, it's not all bad, send just console away, get whole kit back, so extra controller and hdmi cable.
    PurpleDog and Ad2mny like this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Extra controller. Bonus.
    Stumbles likes this.
  5. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hey guys. Sorry but just got daughter to sleep, so will have to miss this round. Have fun and good luck.
  6. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Id like to dedicate tonight's win to everybody's mate BJ. This ones for you old mate.

Great race tonight, with different strategies, speeds and consistencies. I got a bit lucky, I spun on lap 2 at T1 but managed to recover and before my first stop I had dropped from 1st at the end of lap 1 to 5th. I decided I needed to try the one stop strategy as I needed to make up bulk time on the leaders and came in at the end of lap 13. I was .8 behind slambo coming down pit road, and then my autopilot decided it was really tricky to get into the pit box in front of his car, running over a wheel man and losing about 3 seconds trying to get into the box. Being irate with the autopilot I charged out of the pits and looped it immediately. After recovering I set out at full speed to try and recoup lost ground on slambo and Beau. Beau and Hatfield were two stopping so I got those spots back easy, and I just had to try and catch Slambo. I managed to jump to the point when Slambo spun, and then tried to maintain the gap to give myself some breathing space for when I would inevitably run out of juice. With 2 to go, I had one laps worth of fuel left and started driving everywhere at half throttle, setting some very slow lap times but managing to get home without running out completely.
    Great work by Beau, you had great pace tonight. As did Slambo and S_Close, shame you guys ran out of fuel, you were doing really well all race.
    I look forward to the next round. Although my expectations on a podium are low as I struggle in traffic and I imagine its going to be pretty close quarters action on the streets of Tokyo.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  8. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well disappointing result, too inconsistent throughout the race had a decent lead at too different occasions only to spin and let everyone catch up, as a result of my last spin to loose the lead to Scotty I pushed to hard to catch up and used up all my fuel and ran out last lap on exit of bus stop.
    Rolled over the line for 5 as I watched beau, drz and stumble pass me by.
    Well done podium

On the plus side got my first pole..
    Hope next round is better
    smokinscotty and Ad2mny like this.
  9. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well done to Scotty last night, great win. You, Beau and Slambo all had excellent pace here.
    I got an average start, I knew the car would go to the right off the line, so started in 2nd gear to negate that a bit, but lost the jump that you get from 1st gear.
    I went a bit hot into the first of the infield hair-pins (turn 5??) and gave serg a tap in the rear-end, thankfully not too hard to cause damage or a spin and carried on. After Scotty "lost it" into turn 2, he dropped in front of Serg and backed him up to me, and after getting a tow down the back straight, Serg braked a bit earlier and I dived to the inside to avoid a collision and pulled off an amazing pass into the bus-stop... went from an "Oh $h17" moment to "Wow... how did I keep that going"..lol.
    Unfortunately, it all came undone through turns 3 & 4 on the next lap, a little bit of curb and I went sailing onto the grass and damaged the motor and right rear wheel as I slammed into the barriers.
    Got back on track in last position and set about staying on track for the rest of the race. S54ved spun coming out of the bus-stop and let me through, I was 18 seconds from the leader at this stage (lap 6) and Groover had a moment too, so jumped up to 6th place. All pretty quiet then until the pit stops. Hat and Beau on 2 stop strats, everyone else pitted end of lap 13... I went one more and managed to lead a lap... WOOHOO ;)
    After my stop, was back in 6th place again and 35 seconds from the lead :( Kept plodding along with the odd mistake here and there. Hat came out from his second stop right behind me and did what I did many times in practice and braked too late and off into the grass at turn 5. I was hoping I could stay ahead when I saw that, but alas, it was not to be...lol. After also passing Beau as he was coming out of the pits, got excited on the very next lap, I put the right wheels onto the grass coming out of the little chicane and spun across the track and into the barriers again... Back to 6th and thought that was it, bank those few points and move on to Tokyo.
    Beau obviously liked his new tyres after his second stop, after the out-lap, he posted a 1:35.642, then 2 laps later a 1:35.398 to take the fastest lap (div 1 pace).
    Then the inevitable happened, Serg ran out of fuel... Again, and to my surprise, Slambo was running slow on the final lap so I moved up to 4th place. Felt sorry for Serg, happens to often in pit-stop races. (Do you left-foot brake?? Noticed you still had throttle on during braking, might be why you use so much fuel??).
    I managed to get my fastest lap on lap 26. After all my mistakes, pretty happy to only be 36 seconds from the leader at the end.
    Onto Tokyo, a happy place for me, but not sure about this car around there.
    Fastest laps...

[​IMG]
    smokinscotty likes this.
  10. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Forgot to apologise for that rejoin. If it is deemed an unsafe re-entry, I will take a penalty for it.
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I do left foot brake Stumbles.... never crossed my mind that could be the reason I swallow fuel like that :eek:

My race was....predictable, at least at the very end ;)
    Had decent pace and qualified third, not too far off from Scotty, but had a shocking first few laps driving way too conservative.
    It took me a while to get some rhythm, but by then slambo and Scotty were long gone. Had a few battles
    With slambo and Beau, mostly getting as wide-fat as I could, but mostly was by myself due to the different strategies.

Decided for the undercut... just because (only practiced once, for braking and pace) which turned out to be my damnation as those extra lts stayed in the pits lol.

Made minor mistakes, all in the bus stop (such an easy place to unsettle the Macca) but nothing too atrocious.

Well done to Scotty and podium, strong performance in difficult conditions. Now off to Tokyo where walls and rumble strips are the order of the day.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  12. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Nah, you're all good Scotty. In fact, after you spun exiting the pits, was surprised to see you go back around the fence and take the proper pit exit... Losing that much time, I prob would have gone straight back on track. Kudos mate, excellent job.

Yeah, as you brake, there was about a qtr throttle most times (that I saw on the replay anyway).

Groover had a horror night... spins, went in too hot into the pits, collected the wall and drove straight through, felt sorry for you mate.

I think I just took it too easy all night, had least fuel burn and best tyre conservation... maybe I'm getting soft in my old age...lol
    groover33, smokinscotty and S_CLOSE like this.
  13. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    The thought did cross my mind... but I saw Beau steaming down the front straight and didn't dare come out in front of him, still embarrassed I carved up Serg on lap 2.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You should see my full throttle start. I always practice the start at Daytona. Had the wheel 90 degrees left to negate the banking and shot up into second.
    Stumbles and smokinscotty like this.
  15. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, I saw that Hat, well done. We should do rolling starts there
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Nooooo the start is the only advantage I have haha
  17. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Your starts are always awesome!!!
    I got an ok jump and beat slambo to turn one but broke a bit early as we were on cold tyres and got an almighty whack in the tailpipe, thought it was slambo though, was defiantly one of the silver bullets.
  18. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I know, thats why I'm suggesting it... lmao
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Might had been me Scotty, can't remember well, there was a bit of pinball during the first few turns.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  20. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Nah it was me. Sorry Scotty I got a 5 sec penalty from it and ended up in carnage as people tried to get around me. Wen I finally had power back i was in the hunt giving s close a good battle, and stuck a risky pass through the bus stop. My first 12 laps was awesome had a 9 sec lead then it all turned to :):):):), just before my first pit stop. Spun and lost my gap. After the pitstop I saw Scotty spin on my track Map and then I went off the track myself, and From then on I was freaken out coz beau came from nowhere and was hot on my tail lapping in the 35s at this stage I didn't realise he had pitted early and was thinking it was for the lead. So I was under pressure and was driving quite good and then when he pitted I relaxed abit, never got my rythem back And made too many mistakes
    And running out of fuel just rubbed salt into the wounds.
    I'm same as s-close left foot braking must be why we run out of fuel haha