Division 3 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Interesting... thanks for the info. Will try to get on at least 1 night this week.
  2. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    I didnt quit as much as came around turn 2 and there was water barriers everywhere one car parked in the armco... i thought... that's odd.... then I got D/C lol
    When I saw you come in early, I backed off a little and tried to preserve, figured it would be a good test comparing strategies.
    I thought it was odd that you hadn't caught me by the time I got DC, but I figured you might have had a moment driving on the ragged edge for that long. I think I might one stop the race as I dont have the outright pace.
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Ohh that explains it didn't think u would of quit.
    Yea I should been closer to ya but had a crash tryna get a run on rotor lost bout 8secs, plus had minor incidents with the wall, I don't think I would of got ya,
    Driving conservatively is boring thou,
    I'd rather go hard on 2 stops and hope for the best
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  4. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    I had only done about 15 laps of prac before the race, so still not up to pace. When trying at ten tenths, I would pound the walls, so for a 29 lap run, needed to pull my head in a bit lol. I'm usually the last person to drive conservative, but when you havent got the outright pace to match the fast guys, you've got to try something!
    groover33 likes this.
  5. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Wow what a race that must have been the worst race iv ever had couldn't believe it everything went wrong and i got lapped 2 times. I did however have heaps of fuel and still good tyres in the end but only because i give up and just wanted to take it easy and not get in your way. but congrats on all you boys for such good pace I can't believe how quick you guys are around that track hope to be more of a challenge next race
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I did a 15 lap stint last night (hosting my own room as couldn't find one). Was tough work staying in the 33s and after 10 laps needed to pit, it is very different conditions compared to time trial.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    And the changes to camber in the update (and tyre physics) have made it more difficult to turn in. It's now burning the rears like crazy. Did manage to get into the 30s though.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Shouldn't you be working Serge??
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Need to keep same mate, all this work business is too serious and stresses me out. :confused:
    Anon666 and skywalker like this.
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Crap, 28 and a half laps into my test session and lost connection to the server :(

Well, PD have done it to us again.
    598 MB update released Wednesday night... The default suspension settings have been changed, meaning...
    After the update, you will need to go into your car settings and select the "Suspension" tab, move the cursor to the bottom of the list and select "Reset to Default" or you won't be able to enter the track due to tuning restrictions.

Now, make sure you do a test run if you want to do well at this race, the tyres now wear much quicker, along with oversteer and understeer, this pig of a car wants to bite you even more.
    SuiCid3 and S_CLOSE like this.
  11. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Bloody 30's... No wonder you're going for $60 in the team champs bidding war...lol
    SuiCid3 and S_CLOSE like this.
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    3 course meal tonight should help ease the pain!?!?
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  13. Slambobagan

Are you saying that tyres wear Even faster now? I havnt been on since Tuesday. Bloody hell so is this car way different to drive now? I don't get it how can the suspension setting change from a update. Bloody PD
  14. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I had a bit of a practice earlier and the car is quite different now.
    As PD fixed the camber issue I suspect they've had to tweak the suspension settings to accommodate the new camber settings, and by the sounds of several posts on GTplanet it seems PD forced generic settings to a large number of cars (based on the type of car and the engine/drive-wheel orientation, eg FF, FR, MR, 4WD).

I'm sure if you were to spend time tuning the car you could get it back to what it was (or better), but because we run stock settings in the Sunday league the car is now (in my opinion) pretty crap to drive. I am VERY disappointed!

And as for the tyre wear, it is now ridiculous. RS tyres around Tokyo this evening lasted about 8 laps or so before the front left was down to 5 (not sure if the room was set to fast wear or not, I didn't check - but I sure hope it was).
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Pit lane will be open for tonight's qual session

Good luck guys.
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Cheers, you too. I'll take all the luck I can get! :)
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will be on just after 8. Family watching the voice kids...
  18. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well done to Beau, good win.
    Pole went to Smokinscotty -1:30.2xx
    As per normal for me, couple of spins and ruined my night all on my own, looks like the 2 stoppers were still travelling pretty well at the end there anyway. Scotty and myself tried the 3 stop strat.

[​IMG]
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Couldn't replicate my good form from this week's practice, were I was easily getting into the mid 30s( yeah after the update). Qualified 5th and had an awful start on the outside, groover lost the back out of the first turn rumble strip and couldn't avoid the nudge.
    After that, running second last , just put my head down and tried to be consistent. All along my strategy was to undercut on the second pit stop, but stuffed it up and went in a lap earlier (end of lap 18, du'h).
    Tried to make the best of it and got up to second, but Hatfield and Scotty were gaining fast and I made it very easy to let them through, looking at the rear view mirror instead of the road. I burned my tyres during this process
    and couldn't catch Hatfield after that, he was faster though.
    Had a gap to manage to the end and took it easy on the last couple of laps to avoid mistakes. So fourth at the end of the day was not too bad.
    This puts me in battling position for third place, which will make the last race quite exciting, looking forward to saying bye to this car as well. Good racing tonight guys, cya next Sunday.
    garyw61 likes this.
  20. Slambobagan

Never really liked this track couldn't find my lines all night pin balling off walls somehow managed 5th thou so not to bad. actually last stint I got a 30.4 which is fastest time I've done round that track. Perhaps I needed more practice for this one. Well done to beau and Scotty you guys smashed it tonight,
    garyw61 likes this.