Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Cool jako. You seemed to have a pretty stable connection when you hosted some races last season. We probably meed a back up, had any one else in div 5 got a decent connect. Mine is :):):):)
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    not good enough to host
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    my connection goes out the backdoor when I have more than 6-8 in the room
  4. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Just realised I've been moved to Div 5, very excited, better get my slack ass into some practice!!!! :eek:
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Welcome motho
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Going to awesome season.. Meet and greet tonight... Will have an open lobby up from about 7 pm for those who are not on FL. @JAKO155 will be hosting the season proper but we need to find a back-up... I'll try first but I know once I get over 8-9 in the room its very unstable so we can try others connections
    AJ.Scott and Peter Wise like this.
  7. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I'll be running slightly late tonight. Hopefully be back at home by 8:20pm.
  8. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    nice to meet all in div 5 keen for the start of the season!
    Peter Wise likes this.
  9. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    How do we find particular rooms in the lobby ?
    When I looked the other night it seemed to show 7 or 8 randomly each time I refreshed the list.
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Use the friends room option, makes it heaps easier mate :)
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Well it was fun meeting the other Div5 guys, a couple of the guys had connections issues which must be a pain in the perverbial. Here's hoping it wont be like that next week, looking forward to it :)
  12. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Thanks. I tried that the other night but no one was on so was just left wondering lol
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Sometimes u just have to keep refreshing. It usually shows someone eventually.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    As a last resort every room has an I.D # We can post the I.D # to our thread or the shoutbox when the room is opened around 7.30 7.45 sunday nights
    Peter Wise likes this.
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    When this happens I find the easiest/quickest solution can be to shut down the PS3 and then restart it, let it sign into the PSN and then restart GT6 - then go back to online mode and search for friends rooms.

I have a feeling that sometimes there is a glitch between your link to the PSN so it screws around with who is online - but by shutting the PS3 down and restarting and re-signing in to the PSN you will hopefully improve your connection to the PSN and it will then see who is online etc.
    It would also be a good idea (once restarted) to clear your network cache, in game, by pressing the start button and going to Options | Networks)

If this doesn't work then I'd go the full shabang and reboot your modem/router in addition to the process above.

If it "still" doesn't work, it wasn't meant to be so shut down the PS3 and go do something else LOL ;)
    Peter Wise likes this.
  16. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    found some tips regarding lag issues;
    To help those on slower connections the host can set the 'Race Quality' to either 'low' or 'very low'. That way the data transmission rate should be easier to keep up with resulting in less lag and less disconnections. Note that lowering this setting will not necessarily affect the visual smoothness of racing for those that have no lag/connection issues. I've run two events this week, one on 'very low' and the other on 'very high', and there were no visual differences in the movement of the cars.
    Quotes from the lag/connection thread.
    The voice chat feature also has various quality options as well as the ability to disable it entirely. Voice chat requires bandwidth, so you can obviously help those on slower connections by reducing the quality or turning it off.
    Reducing race quality can help If a player cannot keep up with the rate of data transmission then they may experience lag, they may appear to lag to others, they may cause lag for others, and they may get disconnected from the lobby.
    Quote from Stu
    Last night seemed to work a bit better, with the room set up to "low" in the race quality settings. My default is "high" so by moving it to low it reduced the setting by 2.
    Had up to 10 in the room and didnt have 1 drop out, although there were still a few moments where there was a little lag.
    Quote Stumble
    I was also running visible damage set to OFF, hoping it would put less stress on sending data to guys with slower Internet, seemed to work ok.... And the cars don't get all ugly and dented.. lol
    Peter Wise likes this.
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Mics should be turned of for Sunday night's League races.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The rooms are set up with chat turned off
    JAKO155 likes this.
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I know but they were on last night
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    We did run a couple of races last season with mics on but then everone turned them off for the actual race. This seemed to work
    JAKO155 likes this.