Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. 27_Stoners1

27_Stoners1 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Z7_Stoners1
  2. 27_Stoners1

27_Stoners1 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Z7_Stoners1
    Sorry guys it's (Z)..
    Z7_Stoners1
  3. 27_Stoners1

27_Stoners1 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Z7_Stoners1
    Guys not 100% sure but if I had to pick a number or not but going off what I've seen and a spread sheet I'd go with #35 if I can as 27 seems to be taken but will be happy with any if both unavailable.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds good. Make sure you add jako and then you will need to do a full reboot. He will too. Otherwise you will get the "room full" glitch.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  5. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Sorry guys, mine hung during the switch back from the Matterhorn. Couldn't get room to show after that despite numerous reboots.
  6. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Absolutely friggin fantastic. Finds the room 2 mins after race starts.
  7. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    yeah I couldn't see the room either, was really looking forward to the start of the season too.

Turns out my friend request to Jako was spelt wrong. When I was trying to get into the room I came back to this forum to check, not easy on iphone. The opening post has it as Jacko155 and I found post #73 which to me says I had it right. If only I'd gone a few posts lower.

Now, I take full responsibility for my stuff up, but surely if we continue to make such a big deal about everyone adding their whole Div to their friends list, and then we make doubly sure that everyone has the room host on their friends list, then surely the room hosts should be making sure they have the whole div in their list as well ???

Probably my whole season down the toilet, I'm away the next two weeks, so 3 out of 7 down, :(
  8. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Sorry to hear mate it's actually JAKO155
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Congrats Jako and the podium
    Well done everyone else
    JAKO155 likes this.
  10. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Ok Guys Here are the results from Round 1 @emmo46 did you organise all points results from Season 2? just asking because in S2 Ranok kept tagging u :p

psn name ____No. _Starting Pos._ Finishing Position __ Fastest Lap Tme
    • JAKO155 41 Pole Position 1.20.3xx Race Winner 1.19.154
    • VARDZ31 22 2nd 2nd Place 1.20.228
    • mmm_homebrew 62 3rd 5th Place 1.20.223
    • copperj32 71 4th 3rd Place 1.20.548
    • xxDARKOxx 65 5th 4th Place 1.20.546
    • Z7_Stoners1 35 6th 8th Place 1.21.269
    • Oblisc N/A 7th 6th Place 1.20.688
    • CastrosFriendche 83 8th 7th Place 1.21.677
    • jackbc57pn N/A 9th 9th Place 1.21.262
    • Ostey 32 10th DSC 1.23.024
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    Peter Wise and emmo46 like this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep, thanks.
  12. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    I re edited it for your convinience. is this ok?
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Round 1 of my second season has started the same way as my first season with a 2nd place. Congratz Jako on your win, you had awesome pace from the start of qualifying... when I saw your 20'35x go on the board I thought wow that's with a full tank. Still managed to grab P2 with a 20'7xx ad a start off the front row and away from the impending mayhem.
    Dragged Jako to turn 1 level with his rear quarter panel and held the inside line thru 1 and tucked in behind Jako going up the hill. As the first few laps turned over Jako was in sight but was increasing the gap slightly until lap 4 I think where he ran wide into the fence at the double left handers before the climb up the mountain. I slipped by him and by the time we crossed the S/F line I had a gap of a tick under 2 secs on him. I managed to hold the lead to the first of the stops when I went in on lap 11 and with a good out lap came out on front of Jako when he stopped a lap after I did. But with his pace the lead was short lived and a mistake in the turn 5 tunnel was all he needed to get by my sooner rather than later and a mistake 2 laps later at the same point saw the lead out to 6 secs and I finally conceded that fact that I was racing for the 2nd step of the podium.
    The rest of the race was comfortable for me not really pushing that hard staying in the 20's but doing enough to keep the gap back to 3rd at a safe distance. The only real drama that occurred for the rest of the race was at lap 30 when Jackbc57 decided it was a good idea to battle me so he wasn't lapped.... This allowed copper & darko who were 6 secs back, back to within 3 sec and it was only that he ran a little wide and left half a gap for me and I had a crack...I may have touched him on the way through....sorry if I did but I wasn't going to redressed as I didn't think I needed to. In your defence it is your 1st go around with us so race awareness is something that you do need to have. I am not having a crack at you so please don't be angry at me for saying this...I'm just making you aware of the situation.
    Again Congratz Jako and to Copper for rounding podium. Welcome o all the new boys to ROOZ and to Div 5 and look forwarded to GVE and round 2.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sorry guys, I had to pull out when we changed rooms, I was getting some nasty smells coming from my rig, was using my G25 pedals but I think there's an issue with them as they were dropping in and out aswell. Felt it best to wait till this morning to post as I was one very pissed off old man last night :mad::p, even the dog left the room, rofl.
    Good news though, my CSR elite pedals were shipped this am so here's hoping I get them before next Sunday, hopefully no more issues, if I'm lucky they'll get here Wed/Thursday, give me some time to get used to them, and put in some much needed laps.

Gratz to Jako, Vardz and Cooperj for the podiums, well done guys
    SuiCid3 and Peter Wise like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Yeah great job with the podium guys :)
    As I said at the end of last night (and it's worth repeating) you've come out and set the pace for the season ahead. Bastards! lol
    Oh well challenge accepted.

My race was a non-event. Kind of hoping this first race will become my dropped round.
    I actually did misplace my glasses the other day and although I can't blame my performance on blurry vision, I've got a freaking migraine that won't quit, mix in lack of practice and well here we are.

Their name escapes me atm but I was tailing someone around mid race and was having a good time doing so. Fairly well matched though they had the edge. Watched them go into their first pit stop and decided I'd go into mine come the next lap. When I entered I wondered how I'd fare position wise with so and so ________ when they came back around. I was slightly shocked when they drove by and had a decent gap in front of me now. I knuckled down and come the next pit stop I'm sure I reduced the gap but this time I pitted first and then a lap later they pitted. Low and behold I came around with a decent gap this time. Still not sure of the mechanics of that aspect of the race, perhaps we differed in fuel amounts so pit times varied...plus our own performance on the track. I know I came close to running out of fuel on the tail end of the race.

Ok onto GVE-R ...wait, I've never even heard of this track lol

In regards to what a person should do when being lapped. Stu made a post in here #126 where he went through many aspects of racing but in future it would be handy to add a point about being lapped and what one should do. Like AIDS I kinda wish being lapped was just eradicated altogether. Until then, those of us that do suffer the feeling of being lapped I say this, enjoy it...find a good spot to let the race leader through then try and shadow them, watch how they take a corner or two before they leave you in the dust for that second time. Rinse and repeat if others are to follow. Of course to avoid this whole thing one must PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

Now ppl who are allergic to practicing...well that's a story for another day.
    AJ.Scott and Peter Wise like this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    From this week onward all season 3 participants will be on a team. All teams at some stage during the week have a practice sesh where you can get tips from your div 1 or 2 team mates on how to improve. Ask questions of these guys, sit on their bonnets and save replays to watch back. Castro and i are lucky as we have the best in the business as our captain, Warrior is a 7 consecutive times div 1 champ and is more that happy to help out. So when you are allocated to your team... leave messages asking when he practice session are and you will find it will help heaps
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Totally agree with you @VARDZ . I was off pace before our team session. Then I watched some of the faster guys. It only takes a few things to gain time, like letting off instead of braking and certain corner lines.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Discovered the cause of my pedals problem, the accelerator pot fried, pedals were chocka full of sand, dust, carpet fibre's and animal hair, how it all got in there, be interesting to know, cause I have no idea :confused:, not sure if it could cause the pot to fry, wouldn't think so. The G25 is getting old, I bought it about 3mths after they released, so it's gotta be 8+ yrs old so long ago i struggle to remember :D;), got my bucks worth I think. I'll replace all the pots with better ones, see if the handbrake wants to use it o_O:p. Fingers crossed Aust Post can get my new pedals here by Thursday :rolleyes:

Cheers
    Peter Wise likes this.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @JAKO155 @Peter Wise @Darko @mmm_homebrew @Oblisc @CastrosfriendChe @JackBC57PN @Ostey @AJ.Scott @Kart-No-1 @motho @revhead_1000 & Z7_Stoner... Your tag hasn't worked ..
    Guys if it is possible so that it helps me out could you please please PLEASE put a paragraph on what went down in you race...Who you battled with, any major accidents with others(they always make great photos) change in positions & and your overall thoughts on your nights race. It will make the reporting easier for me...it will take it from a 4 to 5 hour process to a couple of hours so if you can please do. Have a look at mine and get an idea of what I am after
    Ad2mny, SuiCid3 and AJ.Scott like this.