Division 5 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Well I think Jako's going to be the guy to beat in Div 5 this year. Man he had some pace. Your supposed to be slower when you go from a controller to a wheel lol.
    Anyway I had a decent qualiy and ended up starting from 4th on the grid. I managed to hold onto 4th at the 1st turn but I had oblisc and darko breathing down my neck. About lap 4 or 5 Oblisc and darko managed to get a run on me going up the hill as I lost to much speed coming out of turn 7 relegating me back to 6th. I managed to stay with them untill the 1st pitstops. I pitted a lap earlier than oblisc and darko and took on no fuel to try and undercut them and it worked. I could see oblisc and darko in the pits as I came down the main straight. After a couple of laps I noticed that darko was now behind me and seemed to be catching me real quick and again he got past me (cant remember where) and the chase was on again. I managed to undercut darko in my second pit stop on lap 22 and take back 3rd position as I only put about 16 litres of fuel in (what was i thinking). I had a decent gap to darko until about lap 30 and I could see him getting closer each lap. I crossed the line in 3rd with only vapours in the tank. I was sure i was going to run out coming over the hill down to the finish line and see darko go flying past. It was an awesome race, pit strategys play an integral part and it definatley pays to practice them as mine was I'll play it by ear and see what happens. Good job by the newbies who made it on track as the ones that I encountered got out of the way. Bring on race 2 at GVER----Like this track more :D
    Well done jako155 and Vardz
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    VARDZ and JAKO155 like this.
  2. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Thanks for the race Sunday night lads. I was close to not showing up I was so damn ill but thought I would stick it out. Could barely keep my eyes open with this flu. I hadnt turned the ps3 on in a couple of weeks so I was a bit rusty. Ill be practicing a bit this week to bring it for round 2. The first race made me appreciate pit strategy and fuel strategy as I had neither haha!

I promise to bring it next week!
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  3. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

I wish I had of seen this earlier so it was a little more fresh in my head but here goes -

I started from 6th I believe after the most frustrating qualifying I could imagine. Made up a few places over the first 3 corners and sat in 3rd until I ran wide on around lap 9 heading on to the main straight. From there my concentration lacked and I made silly mistakes. First pit stop was lap 11 in which I got undercut by copper or darko. I held pace for a while after the second stop but after another spin from a silly mistake I lost my last position to homebrew. My last stint was a little less eventful and I did pull homebrew right back in for the last 6 laps or so but at that stage it was too late. From the chatter afterwards I think he under fueled for the last stint and backed his pace off for last 4 or so laps.

Hope that helps @VARDZ
    VARDZ and Peter Wise like this.
  4. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    I must be honest, I was very surprised how I raced, qualifying was better than average doing a 1:20.3 for PP.
    Start of the race i felt great and my first four laps were excellent averaging High 19s. Then I lost control on the double left turn coming up the hill which gave Vardz a 2 second lead. I was coming up fast until lap 9 where I nudged him on Turn 1 making him lose speed. So I decided to slow down and let him pass before the tunnel. First pit stop i was ahead by 2 seconds, but because Vards had a good lap after he pitted a lap before me, I was 1 second behind, I only got a comfortable lead (8 Seconds) at about lap 24 when Vards lost control just after the first tunnel. The last 6 laps were exciting because i had a little with battle with jackbc57pn,I ended up losing control at lap 33 and he drove off into the distance and he stayed ahead of me making sure he was on the lead lap. You have the potential to be a great racer buddy :)
    Anyways claimed my Very first Cleansweep (FL,Pole and win)
    Congrats Vardz and copper for making the ppodium
    Well done everyone :)
    Kart-No-1, VARDZ and Peter Wise like this.
  5. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    has anyone been practicing this week?
    Did about 100 laps Prac this week,
    Very consistent high 1:09s. Best lap was 1:08.999
    I'm gotta feeling this will be a bad round for me :(
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    You got a 1.08 bloody hell, im only just getting in the 9's and consistantly doing 10's
  7. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

I have done an hour or so this week and lapping flat 1.09s with 3/4 or so tank and best so far of 1.08.47. I know I have a 1.08 flat in me.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  8. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Man, I need to find a second, somewhere.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  9. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Im with you scott
    JAKO155 likes this.
  10. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Might have to start riding the curbs.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  11. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Hit that curb heading into the tunnel but aside from that you shouldn't really have to hit them to gain time. My biggest tips would be - use 3rd gear on the final chicane, roll through in 5th on the first part of the first corner, then knock bars to 3rd when you hit the outside curb to apex the second part of the left hander. The other key is maintaining speed up the hill so use the whole track to stay under acceleration.

Happy to practice this afternnon if you guys are keen?
    JAKO155 and Peter Wise like this.
  12. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I hold flat in 5th for turn 1, 3rd thru 2, 4th into the tunnel, down to 2nd for right hander then flat out until 3rd gear for the hairpin.
  13. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Sounds spot on mate!
    JAKO155 likes this.
  14. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

I'll be jumping on for a practical with my mate from div 1 in about 30 mins if anyone is keen?
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, T_Vue is keen to join again, former div 5 driver so he will fit in well i think.

@JAKO155 can you add him to your list if you dont already have him. I will send him a PSN message as well

Stu
    T_Vue, Peter Wise and JAKO155 like this.
  16. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Already Have him @stucar17 :)
    T_Vue likes this.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    k cool. I have messaged him so hopefully he shows tonight.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sorry guys I wont be participating tonight, still no working pedals, here's hoping the CSR's arrive this week knowing my luck they'll be delivered tomorrow morning o_O:rolleyes:
  19. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    That sucks AJ :(. Hopefully next week
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  20. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    AJ, have you thought about just changing out the pot in your old pedal set with the one from the clutch. In all likelyhood they are the same. Just pull your pedal set apart remove the clutch pot and fit to the pedal that is not working. I can see no reason why that will not work.
    Cheers mate.