Division 2 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Well done @Beau_Albert on your official ROOZ debut. Good run mate :)
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Surprised to take that one out. Was dissapointed with my qually results as I got a phone call before having set a fast lap. Managed to get of the phone just in time to put down one lap, but it wasn't fast. So started 8th. This put me in the pack and knew I was loosing time fighting with others their, but was great racing. Made a few passes finally and was gifted a couple with some spinning in front. Went into the pits for the first stop in front of Nat but i must have had a bad stop and he a great one, as he came out in front. Leeboy managed to sneak inbetween us having not stopped yet and spent a couple of laps behind him before I got a chance to battle with Nat again. Got past and put my head down and tried to close the gap to the top two. Going into the final stop I had made some time and saw the top two pit and decided to carry on, not wanting to get baulked in pit lane. Had a really slow in lap and thought I had blown any chance of making up ground. But when I came out of the pits I was actually closer to Cob, but again lee was there to make things interesting. Got past lee and Cob not long after, which left only Crunch to hunt down. Didn't think I had the pace to close the gap but when we went across the line for the last time, I was just .9 behind. Gained a few tenths in the first two sectors but it was the second last corner that gave me the win as Crunch was slow there and ran into the last corner with a fast corner exit speed and right behind in the draft. Pulled out and just prayed it was enough by the time the flag dropped.
    Unlucky not to get the win Crunch.
    Now to see if another miracle can happen at GVER. Not on the pace their either.
    vh_mik, pat65 and Crunch like this.
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I was actually suprised to qualify 6th place out of a very strong 15 car entry got a good start by the end of the first lap I was fourth and in a battle with beau natman and tb and tovey for a little bit for the majority of the first stint constantly then things started going bad while the group i was battling tb and natman pitted on lap 11 beau myself and tovey stayed out on rubbish tyres and when I came in next lap I slowed down way to ch to get into the pits and tovey ran straight into the back of me (sorry mate) I must have lost 5 odd second to that group then I batled with a very over agressive whiteracer who really liked divebombing so I fought with him then on lap 16 I took to much curb at the final corner fired off into the fence and crashed trying to

recover whiteracer flat out nailed me also a bunch of others got by come stu lee and some others got by decided to stop on lap 22 to possible allow for the mistake I made first stop however everyone else nicked my idea and dispite not refuelling I still came out where I was before
  4. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    determined to get a result I pushed hard and did sone quick time stu and lee pitted I got by whiteracer and than by natman who spun at turn one I look comfortable for 7th when tovey pitted with 3 to got assumed he ran out of fuel but I had a hard charging lee flying behind on lap 33 2nd last corner he went for it and I didnt bother contesting it no point throwing away a race like that eventually held on to 7th but probably would have been 8th if they was one extra lap cause stu was flying congrats to tb and crunch for the epic finish and I apologize for the two parts my screen went all wierd the best part was getting to the results screen and than disconnecting perfect timing lol but im happy with 7th good points for the start of the season cya next week
  5. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    full-stop/10
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    UNOFFICIAL RESULTS
    POLE : cob
    FL:
    TB 1:19:050
    1. TB
    2. Crunch
    3. Cob
    4. Beau
    5. Comegetme
    6. leeboy
    7. MOtorsports
    8. stu
    9. natman
    10. whiteracer
    11. tovey
    12. razor
    13. scotty
    14. Slambo
    15. firewind
    16. vh-mik (DNS)

Guys,
    these results are unofficial, and there are things i am looking at through the replay. While there are no official protests at this stage, from what i could see there are a few drivers that were sailing very close to the wind.

I would like to remind everyone of the driving standards we set ourselves at ROOZ, and as hard as it may be to stop and wait for someone that you have disadvantaged, its the right thing to do........not only that, it means i dont have to sit up till 1:45 am trolling through replays to see who did what to who.

Will get to the fastest laps tomorrow.
    SuiCid3, leeboy910 and emmo46 like this.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Cheers mate, i had alot of fighting to be done :/ Looking foward to GVER however i may not get much practise so this is gonna be intresting.....
  8. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    You'll be right mate, not as intense around GVER, less places to find time!
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

What a race for the tortise. Qualified 12th with a near PB full tank lap of a 1:20.3XX. I knew from the start I couldnt afford a crash if I wanted anything other than the wooden spoon. In the chaotic opening few laps I chose not to put up a fight with those behind me, giving them plenty of room to pass when they chose to come out from the comfort of my draft. Once things settled down the leaders had pulled away by 10-13s. I decided to run my own race and try and put out some slow but consistent laps, easing off with the slightest inclination of running wide rather than going full throtttle and holding your breath you wouldnt be mowing the lawns or giving the walls a new coat of paint. I decided to pit lap 13 trying to avoid going in behind someone who had a pit bay before mine which would have slowed me down. Over the course of the race many people had incidents allowing me to cruise up the field. Trying to loose natman from my rear bumper I decided to take an early wnd pit and pit on lap 22. Unfortunately natman followed me in millimetres behind me and somehow exited the pits 2-3s clear. Going into the last few laps I found my self in 6th with tovey and beau battling it out on the mini map 5-10s clear so it was looking like I would have to settle with 6th till tovey must have realised he wasnt gonna make it on fuel gifting me 5th. Not bad considering I was 13th based on out right pace. The tortoise will be there for sure next week parked at the back of the grid where I'm sure if I can replicate my performance last night I can achieve another mid pack position as theres no way we're going 39 laps without a major incident at turn 2 or a car spining around on the high curb inside the tunnel :D
    Motors560 and DoogleDave like this.
  10. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I think everyone just needs to remember that this isn't NASCAR...you did well CAGM, top 5 is always a good place to be.
    I'll see if I can start a bit further up the grid at GVE as being in the pack just leaves you open to incidents!
  11. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Didn't do much practice as I had every intention of playing down the back of the pack. It didn't help that all of my practice was on the wrong suspension setup either.
    Did have a great dice with razor, and while both of us made mistakes, we kept each other honest throughout the race and had a ball.
    When Leeboy and Stu and came up in the rear view I just let them by, as I knew I didn't have that kind of pace and thought they were amidst a pretty good battle.

I wont be in for the next 4 or 5 weeks as I get married on Saturday and then fly O/S for a few weeks.
    Good Luck and Have Fun
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Grats mate. enjoy the honeymoon.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  13. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Man down, 1 minutes silence for scotty, good luck buddy, rock the casbah
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Scotty got a new handbrake?
    smokinscotty likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @stucar17 Let me know once results are finalised so I can post teams championship scores
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will do. will be later today, just need to tidy a few loose ends....will be later today i hope
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright., Results will stand from round 1, however Firewind will recieve no points for 15th, and cant use as drop round.

Guys, there were a few drivers sailing very close to the line in terms of getting penalties, the only reason i didn't penalize drivers for exceeding track limits was because there was no advantage gained. Was a close thing though. I cant stress enough, with how close this field of drivers is, you must redress if there is contact where you gain an advantage over the driver you hit. The next round at GVER has a couple of spots where things could get ugly if we don't use our brains and our brake peddle ! With the long straight there is space to make a clean pass without too much risk, other than that its quite tough to pass unless you get a great run into the tunnel, or down the hill into the final turn.
    So OFFICIAL RESULTS
    POLE
    : cob
    FL: TB 1:19:050
    1. TB
    2. Crunch
    3. Cob
    4. Beau
    5. Comegetme
    6. leeboy
    7. MOtorsports
    8. stu
    9. natman
    10. whiteracer
    11. tovey
    12. razor
    13. scotty
    14. Slambo
    15. firewind (no points and cant use as drop round)
    16. vh-mik (DNS)

Fastest laps
    1:19:050 TB WILLIAMS
    1:19:194 tovey
    1:19:356 Cob
    1:19:407 leeboy
    1:19:442 crunch
    1:19:513 Beaualbert
    1:19:540 stu
    1:19:559 motorsport560
    1:19:806 natman
    1:19:898 whiteracer
    1:19:993 comeandgetme
    1:20:389 razor
    1:20:695 scotty
    ??? firewind & slambo, will get them tonight........

My race.......shocker !!!
    I pitted with 4 mins to go in qual and on my second flyer was .06 off the pole time coming up to the tunnel when my HDMI cable decided to cut on me, which gives the black screen and a car into the outside wall. :mad: was hoping for a top 4 start, but ended up starting 9th, and made the dumb call to change to a 3 stop. My PB through the week was only a 19:2 so i knew i was going to struggle to hold on to the fast guys, decided to pit on lap 8, but the difference in pace for me wasnt enough to make serious ground come the last stop. Had a few good battles with tovey, natman (made ground on him everytime he ran wide on the last turn !) and leeboy. (had great pace and he would have been up the front if not for the 3 stop)

Anyway, on to Grand valley where we should get some great racing if we use our brains !

Stu
    emmo46 and Beau_Albert like this.
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Stu, once I get firewind & slambos times I will post the lap times, I think you are going to get a surprise with where our new Div 4 recruit Pykey is sitting.
  19. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I had a preety good race, started third, held that for a while but got put into a wall by motorsports, dropped a few spots, made a couple of places up, pitted L12, probs not the greatest decision, came back out in 8th, fought on, to 4th before my final stop, came out 5th but under attack from tovey, a good little scrap, i had to be ultra defensive from the much faster mazda, about 6 laps later he pulled into the pits and i was able to secure a 4th position, if i had better tyres i may have been able to just get onto the back of third, but can't be disapointed with the result! Good Race, i enjoyed it, clean for 99.9% of the time how it should be! Bring on GVER
    leeboy910 likes this.
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Following on from what Stu said, turn 1 and 2 CAN support two wide, but you need to give each other the room.
    The rest of the track is pretty much follow the leader except out of the tunnel or the final corner.

Let's not have a repeat of the last round where it seemed some drivers forgot about the rules and regs of our league. Hitting a driver from behind and then passing is simply not on, divebombing into a corner and using another car as an extra brake is not on and pushing people off the track is not on.
    The whole ethos of our league is to have fun and enjoy some good racing. Don't ruin that by trying to win at all costs, you'll just look like a tool and no one will appreciate it.