Division 2 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

That sucks white I thought the 4 NLR drivers were gonna hold everyone up while one of us made a break for it :p
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys.

But a reminder, after last weeks issues we need to use our brains and try to keep contact to a minimum. Don't fancy another late night checking replays ;)

Good luck, should be a cracker race.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx Cagme
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can't tell you how pissed I am with that.

Was in 3rd in qual and nature called so was happy to start in the top 5 and get a clean start, came back to the wheel and had been DSC. :mad::mad:

Started rear of grid, and by lap 27 had fought my way back up to 3rd , just about to pit and the good old pd connection decided it was going out on strike. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Someone will have to post up results, fastest laps etc and look at any protests as I don't have the replay. Sooooooo pissed off
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I can send you the replay Stu or post it here somewhere. I think you'll get protests, was pretty wild back in the pack from what I saw.

I threw it away after a few laps, had a half spin and my tyres were stuffed for another half a lap. Completely ruined my rhythm and then it was just trying to get home in one piece.
    Made a couple of passes near the end and climbed up to 6th, but pretty annoyed with myself and how pathetic the PD tyre model is.

On to next week, championship looks done for me already.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That was a race that I'd rather forget. Qualified 5th?. Opening laps were mayhem. Got settled and after being dropped down to 7th, managed to claw my way back up to third. Was keeping Cob and Nat in reach and started thinking about the undercut when it happened. Ran wide out of turn 2, right rear caught the grass and looped the car. There was a gap back to 4th place but it wasn't enough for me to get the car straight again so had to wait for the entire field (bar 1) to go by. Pitted on lap 9 and put my head down for some quick laps to try and catch the pack back up. That might have worked, but I lost it in the tunnel all by myself, and then Crunch must have had an issue somewhere as he found his way to the back and we had a massive battle. (great racing) But ultimately i think it slowed both our pace. Beau dropped back to us and now that it was a 3 horse race I was going to pit and find clean air again, but the other two decided on the same thing, so I pulled back onto the track and did one more lap. It was enough to pass and gap Crunch and in a lap or two I was in a fight for position with Beau. That spot changed a lot until I was able to pull away and hunt down Motorsports. Managed to get by with a lap or 2 to go, so managed a top 10 finish, which is better than I thought I was going to get.

I'm pretty sure I redressed any issues I caused.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    i got shunted off, got it recorded, check who later, will be a protest though if i feel the same way about it after looking backk
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Any protests will have to get a replay to me somehow in a format that is easy for me to view.

I might have to DSC everyone so we can run the whole race again :mad::mad:
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I can use my PVR to show you easily, ill have it uploaded to YT tommorow
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Well I have mixed emotions after that race.....

Qualified 7th after my close to PB 1st lap dropped down the grid from poll. Get a decent start up to 6th in to turn 1 have to ease off a tad to prevent going into the rear of 5th then I get pushed onto the grass on the exit as 2 tried to push up on the inside and make it 3 wide :eek:. Just like that I drop 5 or 6 places. By lap 4 I had been pushed and prodded by everyone in the back few and was loosing a ton of time. So my original pit strategy of 13, 26 with no fuel on 1st and 50 on 2nd went out the window and pitted lap 4 just to simply get some clean air. Laps 11 through 14 come along and I get to see just were I stand with respect to the rest. I had made up 5s on the leaders who didn't appear to suffer from getting held up in traffic and I simply flew past the rest of the field. A then lonely cruise to the finish line. 18 lap stints were far from ideal as I had to run an extra 1/4 of a tank of fuel than I normally would and after 10 laps the tyres begin to noticeably wear and by 15 you've gotta go 10-15k's slower to keep her off the grass..... While I'm happy with the result, I'm still disappointed in my race. As if i had been allowed to run my original strategy I knew I had consistent 1:08.5's in me and a best of a 1:08.2 after the 1st pit instead my best lap was only a 1:08.6 with the last 5 or 6 laps of each stint in the mid 9's.

Well done Cob and Nat. Not looking forward to the sprint round as I cant simply get out of everyones way by pitting early....
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good recovery getme.

I think I would have had you covered for 3rd, but doesn't matter now !
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  12. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Not bloody likely
    stucar17 and razor4797 like this.
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Another round of push and shove..
    I qualified 9th I think after an 08.8 which was a decent lap time for me. The field was so damn close!
    I got a very average start and ended up a few spots ahead after some door-to-door action in the first couple of corners.
    Pitted on lap 13 and 26 or 27, and both of them weren't great because my pit box was so far back in the lane, alike Crunch's spot.
    Ended up finishing a decent 7th place which isn't a too bad result on my part, even though I felt I could have been about 5th if I was more consistent.
    I was pushed off line a few times and off the track twice but I'm okay with that. I understand it's only racing incidents and they aren't too malicious, just need to be a little more cautious.
    Congrats to Cob for the victory and props to Natman for your pace, and also CAGM for that improvised change in strategy.
    Cheers guys and will see you next week for the sprint round.
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

@emmo46 just noticed in the tables thread you have TB with 27 points instead of 26. I'm sure you would have noticed it when updating the tables for round 2 ;)
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Haha! Did anyone have an enjoyable race? Noone's posted about how fun that was yet.

Unfortunately, I'm not breaking that spell either. Race was horrid, but I really didn't think I would go so well here after just not being able to find the pace. It's a very silly track indeed.

I qualified higher than I thought I would, and the start was good, however just a few places where cornering wasn't right and I was back in the thick of the pack, something that I definitely didn't experience in the first race. I learnt where all the complaints and comments last week came from basically =) I enjoyed the pack racing a lot however. It's very different to previous seasons, and more reminiscent of what I've seen of touring car racing; passes are never clear cut, and you need to get that nose in and complete the pass over the entire turn, meaning the car behind needs to be cut off and bow down or cause a collision on exit. Never been in a race where sheer brutally was as prominent as in this one. I like it.

To that effect, after 3 laps of a brilliant battle with TB, I tried to call it quits and get either one of us to take control and lead on and have the slower car pulled along via racing line and slipstream to try to grab some additional spots. Unfortunately, we were a bit too close in terms of pace, so it didn't work well, lol.

natmanscoop, please check your lagg. It was pretty bad. You were flying through the sand traps on every single lap where I was following you at the end, and I even ran straight into you or your lagging apparition under the tunnel and got jacked off a few km/h. My race ended where your car smacked me off the road, akin to the ending of my race at Bathurst during S1 (this video has no relevance but to show the instance I'm talking about: ).

Anyway, like I said a few races back, I don't get angry when I can't put in a flawless performance myself, and I spun by myself later on in the race, so it's all good.

Thank goodness that track's over! It just didn't flow like Deep Forest or Trial Mountain does. Judging on what I saw Beau and TB do last week, I'm sure they likewise don't know how it could go so wrong.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Different strokes for different folks.......i love that track, and was glad cyber picked it.

I got stuck in the 2 packs in the first 15 laps, was certainly some push and shove going on, nothing too bad from what i could see, but with the car being relatively underpowered, if you make contact or go offline it does cost bulk time...I had some great battles with tovey and Beau, and a few others who seemed to give me enough room. I think i only had very light contact once or twice, which in pack racing like that has to be expected to some degree....

Now i have cooled down i should explain what happened......in qual with about 5 mins to go i was sitting in 3rd, happy as i knew i could hold my own with the guys on the front row, but, when you have to go, you have to go !! Sorry for the message in the lobby, but i didnt want you to start without me ! Anyway, when i got back i had been DSC so started rear of grid.....these things happen. :rolleyes:

I got a reasonable start, but with the 2 battle packs i lost a heap of ground and couldnt shake the few guys i had managed to get past. I decided to pit at the end of 11 to try the undercut, and it did work a treat, jumping 2 spots in the process. I think at that stage i was 5th, behind slambo and CAGME, Slambo spinning i think, and getme pitting for a long last stint. When Getme pitted he was only a few seconds up the road, so i was pretty confident i could cover him with fresher tires in the last stint. I saw cob and nat head into the pits so planned on pitting the lap after, so on lap 27 i made my way into pit lane only to be hit with the "you've been disconected from the network" message as i started thinking about a half decent recovery. Ahhhhhhh, thanks PD, made my night.

Well odne to Cob for a great drive and Nat for his second. Getme keeps telling us he is slow and rubbish but the last 2 results would suggest otherwise ;)

On to the sprint round where things really cant get any worse !
    Ad2mny and Crunch like this.
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

:p Well at deep forrest I was definitely slow, 41st on the fastest lap sheet and that time was not far off my PB. At GVER I managed to go from mid to low 10's in pre season races to a PB of a 1:08.2 in a full length practice race without draft, I was still lacking a little on a full tank but I knew I'd have decent pace if I were able to run half a tank and fresh tyres. Both races I've managed to remove myself from the carnage either by pure luck at deep forrest or deliberately as in GVER.

Oh and not that it will make you feel any better but your qually time would have only put you 8th as I managed to just beat your time before dropping to 7th after everyone seemed to put in a killer final lap.
    Crunch likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, I thought it would be close in qual and not getting that last 4 mins on the fresh rubber on lower fuel would have hurt me. Not that I had the chance to see anyway !!! Shame I didn't get the chance to race you to the line, would have been interesting.
  19. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

pretty east to back of the throttle a little when u make contact just so u dont take the advantage ;) i had a great race at the back. i missed all the drama this week. or should i say i didnt cause the drama this week ;)
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

We'll I had a much better race than last week had no pace at all in practice and qualify was 13th untill my last flying lap and got 10th woohoo. Start of the race was interesting just sat back first few laps and waited for things to settle a bit. Then a traffic jam happened in the tunnel on lap 3 and I thought f** it I'll have a go here stuck it up the Inside at the right hander and got stu and Cagme in one move, after that I was fizzing with excitement that I pulled that one off and slowly pulled away from the pack and picked my way up to third somehow. Pulled in behind Cagme after the first pit and tried to keep up with him my lap times getting quicker every lap, had a spin just before my 2nd stop lost 2 spots and got in behind beau and razor who wer going at it.
    They Both went off track at turn 2 1st razor next lap beau unfortunately got tangled up with beau as he was struggling to find traction on the rejoin and slowed it up a lot to make the turn into the tunnel wasn't expecting it and tagged the back of him. Felt that it wasnt entirely my fault I
    Continued on and found myself catching Tovey setting pb lap after pb lap made a small error 3 Laps to go so just backed off a bit to bring it home in a unexpected 5th.
    All in all pretty good race made plenty of good passes and was contact free apart from beau. Sorry mate
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    stucar17 likes this.