AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    BUGGER!! Still cant access the server, and its only setup for 4 cars 3 of which are designated to myself, Tovey and Doogle due to testing server skin allocation. Hopefully I can get into the server before 6pm, just keeps timing out. Might be the French connection issue seeing as it's a high ping connection to start with, I'll keep trying hope we don't have to cancel :(:cry:

Cheers
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    WOOO-Hooo, server is back up with the designated skin allocations :thumbsup: C6R@Nurburgring-Sprint
    I have discovered something with the server setup too, it seems you don't need booking mode enabled to run these designated skins, I just needed to turn off "Pickup Mode" in the config file, only set back here is, no random clients can join and I would need to have 64ID's to add anyone new. If I have pickup mode enabled it forces you to implement booking, and this counters the pre-booked slot from the car ini list when you use GUID #'s, and makes you wait the 30 min for the booking.
    But it's perfect for future league events.

Also I have had a chat with Rainey, he is the guy scratch building the Baskerville Raceway in Tassy that Tovey linked above.
    Just from the pics and the comparison vid this track really does look the goods, and Im really looking forward to racing this track, So I have offered to Nick (Rainey) that when we run our 1st race on his track that it would be great if he joined us for the event, which he was wrapped with, he knows of Rooz via iRacing, I was actually going to approach him on the subject of Rooz being his test site & team for the track :thumbsup: . Nick will release v0.3 in the next few days for testing. He is also looking at scratch building a local Kart track for AC too. Will let you guys know what transpires with my offer to test the track.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken, Anon666 and DoogleDave like this.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    As the track is still some ways off, rainey said a test team is not required at this time as there is still much to refine. He is hopefully going to release a beta v0.3 on Tuesday, if all goes to plan. Keep ya all posted on progress.

Cheers
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    @Clevohead , I saw this and thought of you - so I had to download it! :)
    [​IMG]
    Clevohead, Peter Wise and AJ.Scott like this.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I need to get a PC capable of running this sooo bad, even contemplating ditching getting a PS4 in turn to get/build a PC...
    Tovey_4saken, KoAStR and DoogleDave like this.
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Guys, I have some awesome news and some :poop: news too :oops: :laugh: :whistling:
    The team at United Racing Design (URD) these are the guys that scratch built the C6R, well seems they were going to do a C7R too, but got together with Kunos who are so impressed with the work they do that they have hired them to do the C7R as an official Kunos release :D.

"But wait there's more" URD have released a new Mod for both AC & rF2, the EGT mod is 5 scratch built cars and 7 cars total with 2 being S1 versions "Go Here for Screenshots" the mod represent 5 cars with impeccable racing pedigree. The screenshots speak for themselves I think, and if the C6R is anything to go by the EGT mod is a must have :thumbsup:, but here's the kicker, it's payware. Checkout the shop tab HERE!!

The guys at URD have been doing these high end mods for years for free, so now they have decided to release a few for free, but the bulk of it will be purchasable content. The EGT mod is $9.80euro which equates to $14.85Au, it's still needs to be refined, but is in final beta and will be updated to final release in the next few weeks. The templates are available for all 5 cars so personal custom & team skins can be painted for fun and for potential league events in the future.

I think it needs checking out, I realise it's a bit of hard earned to outlay for a mod and normally I'd be saying "uh-uh no-way get-fekt fek off :D but I'm seriously looking at getting this :p from all accounts it's worth the money and the C6R is no cheap build, plus if Kunos are willing to hire these guys to build the C7R for them, then I think it's worth at least looking into for that reason alone :).

Cheers
    DoogleDave likes this.
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I wonder if the EGT Beta will be like the game itself - in that once they release the final you will be entitled to download the finished version for free. Those cars look damn good and I agree that if they drive as well as the C6R then they will be an awesome edition to AC.

Hmmm, thankfully I saved 50% off AC when I purchased it via Steam the other week. Perhaps that's where those savings can go....LOL. Will have to think about this one.

Thanks for posting AJ! :thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I bit the bullet, got the GTE mod last night, will post my thoughts later, got a dentist appt this am :speechless:, bugger!!:laugh:
    cheers
    DoogleDave likes this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Had a quick run in some of the URD EGT cars, awesome stuff, they look and sound brilliant, physics seems a little soft but that is one of the tweaks that will be made in the next few weeks. The Darche which is the Porsche equivalent is just mint, sounds and feels like you would expect a Porsche to sound and feel like ;). The Authur Merlin, Astin Martin knockoff is different in it's feedback and feels totally different to the Darche, which is good. The V8 sound is sweet, and the car gives a good feeling of speed, which was less prominent in the Darche, the lap times between the 2 was within cooee of eachother so they are well matched for speed, so I would hazard a guess all cars are within 10ths of eachother, which is great for close races. The Venom is the Viper, there's a S1 variant of this model. The Venom feels big n heavy and has a very low rev limit, but the sound is HUGE V8 power with mega low end torque. All three cars felt and handled differently, the sounds were all unique to the cars, the way they all put power down was smooth and deliberate and they don't get over exited at the blip of the accelerator, I was able to catch them when i deliberately dumped the clutch, or when they broke free exiting apexes under heavy acceleration.
    The Bayro or BMW-Z4 lookalike, and Ferruccio which looks like a 458 Italia are still on my test list, but going by the 3 Ive driven, all I can say is Best value Ive gotten for $15 in a while, gonna have many hours of fun in these EGT cars.
    If ya can afford this mod, I recommend you get it, it's definitely worth having in AC.

Cheers
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    The web site in question is the one I was referring to mate they have dropped their prices by the looks, they are currently the only AC slot services in AU atm afaik. The idea of a jointly funded server was talked about when we ran the Nords Challenge but it was decided that due to the fact it was only 4 of us we decided to wait till numbers grew before going down that path.

Personally, Im all for getting an AU server, certainly make for better quality racing for us all too, another potential is being the 1st actual AU based server may help in garnering more Rooz AC members, and hopefully we can grow the server size as our slot requirements grow. The french server cost me $37.80Aud for 6mths @ 24slots, the Aussie server is $36pm normal price for 24slots, BIG difference eh!! $37 for 6mths, or $36 for 1mth :cautious: damn Oz is expensive :cry: our gov is so full of :poop: :laugh: :thumbsup:..........Getting back on topic :D, so at the current price it's $13.80pm for 12 slots divide that by 4 it's $3.45 ea pm, that's seems affordable to me, so I'm in if it gets the nod from the rest of the guys :)

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken and DoogleDave like this.
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    TBH Im thinking of funding a 12slotter just to have the quality of service, and if anyone wants to help I'll be wrapped, will be discussing it with the handbrake later :unsure::cautious: ..........................she's a good woman :inlove: don't think she will say no.
    If it goes bad I'm sure I can bribe her with some jewellery or a small clothing spree :D :sneaky: ;) :laugh:
    Clevohead likes this.
  12. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I'm more than happy to chip in AJ and at present I don't think we'd need more than 12 slots.
    Are there even 12 of us that currently have AC?

With the potential of Clevo and Colin jumping onboard (and Stumbles if he gets a GPU to run the game), we may hit double figures but I'm not sure even then we'd max out all 12 slots (though perhaps there are others I don't know about?).

Lets see what the other guys think of the idea....:)
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    There's a list of Rooz AC owners on the OP Dave but to save time here it is;

ROOZ MEMBERS WITH ASSETTO CORSA - FORUM USERNAME / STEAM ID:
    • KoAStR / KoAStR
    • Beau261 / beau261
    • TheStig13 / thestig13
    • AJ.Scott / insaneozzy
    • Anon666 / anon_666
    • fRzN / Art Vandelay - http://steamcommunity.com/id/blacksunflowakutta
    • hairybear / Tedoki
    • Phill R / Shags
    • Beannie / Beannie
    • JGILE2 / JGILE2 (Jeremy)
    • Tovey_4saken / Tovey_4saken
    • PurpleDog / purpledog
    • DoogleDave / doogledave
    • R0T0R-AU86 / R0T0R86
    • pykeybraa145 / Pykeyy4
    • Randm90 / Randm90
    • Stumbles / Stumbles
    • T_Vue / T_Vue

there's a few of us who have AC but some don't have a PC to run it, or the PC is out of date, The entries in blue have participated in a rooz AC event.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  14. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    WOW, I didnt realise there were that many with AC, but as you say not everyone is active with the game at present.

If we did end up going for a shared, paid AU server it could be run similar to how RaceDepartment operate where those that are paid members get preference come entry into races if there are more people signed up for an event than there is grid spaces available.
    This would be the advantage of chipping in on paying for the server and those that don't wish to do so take their chance that their spot in some events may be taken by paying entrants.

Just a suggestion....
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. T_Vue

T_Vue Rookie

PSN ID
    T_Vue
    Hey guys. Add me to the list as well.
    T_Vue / T_Vue

I've recently bought a new gaming PC (finally getting to play my backlog of Steam games) and will be moving away from console/GT6. Won't be getting PS4 due to being time poor.

Am saving for another 2 monitors for sim racing and flight sim ;)
    AJ.Scott, Tovey_4saken and Clevohead like this.
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Added :thumbsup:, welcome aboard mate, looking forward to exchanging paint with ya :)

Cheers
    T_Vue likes this.
  17. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    your forum username is that you log on to with STEAM if so i am colin2223
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'm happt to chip in. 12 should be fine to begin with. Get more as no's build.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I'm also happy to chip in :) be great to not be guessing if I'm in someone's way or not :roflmao: and see other peolpe's motions and reactions :D
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    That's awesome fellas and much appreciated, if we can nut out the details this week, should be able to get the AU server for week 2 of the C6.r series :thumbsup:, I will look into the server and payment options, then I will know how best to proceed :).

Cheers
    DoogleDave and Tovey_4saken like this.