AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    [​IMG]
    Hmmmmmmmm...... Think i missed a couple of zero's :roflmao:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Scaling issues?
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    haha yeah i thought i had blender units to 3.29 km but instead it switched 329 meters fixed it now lol :roflmao: did do a few godzilla laps though haha was funny as %$#@ :laugh: don't think i'll be finishing this conversion though AC does not like double faced object's and this track is full with them hints the grandstand roof is missing because of the complex geometry.And as a base it's kinda messy tri count wise :eek:
    Clevohead likes this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    That's a bugger mate, is there no way of redoing it? or is it a case of to much effort needed to warrant the hours messing about with it. Wonder if a diff track might be easier, if not no biggy, not like we're pressed for track choice in AC lol :)

Cheers
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Okay guys, I have checked out Cyrentek (http://cyrentek.com/gameservers.php) they do a 1 or 3 mth billing cycle, 1mth acc $13.80, 3 mth acc is $41.40 for 12 slots @ $1.15ea, which is limited to the school holiday sale but is a permanent 25% lifetime discount, it goes back to $1.50per slot after the holidays. so best we act now while it's discounted.
    I think the 3 mth is probably easier to manage and equates to $10ea every 3 mths, pretty cheap when you look at it like that eh!! and as more peeps donate hopefully we can reduce the overall costs while adding slots :D.
    The only real thing that needs to be nutted out is how best to collect the $$$, I could do a PayPal acc, or there's direct deposit to my bank, if anyone has any other suggestions or ideas would like to hear them :). Not exactly a minefield of knowledge in this area :confused:, besides, the handbrake normally handles all the finances :whistling:.
    I'm sure we will work it out one way or another :thumbsup: maybe have a chat about it tonight in practise, hey @DoogleDave mate any chance you can latch onto a headset or a mic, just make it easier to discuss in teamspeak is all, no biggy if you can't though :cool:
    Cheers
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    That sounds good to me and I am happy with $10/3months.
    Happy to do either Paypal or direct deposit.
    I'm also happy to pay up for 12 months if that makes life easier (instead of transferring funds every 3 months), if you are comfortable with that AJ?? Otherwise paying every 3 months is fine also.

I've been meaning to get my headset/mic out so will do so. I should be on tonight for a little while (as usual around 7pm AEST or so). :thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    it is all fixable and can be up and running was just after an easy track to play with to take a break from calder something that'd take week or two not month's lol.
    Now i've got to massive projects haha the programs i'm running i can grab any track i like but all i wanted was aus tracks and they're rare haha
  8. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Mate, I'd love to hit it up for 1yr but these guys only seem to have a 1 or 3 mth billing cycle, so 3mths is the go at this point, I'll probably look at a PayPal scenario, I think it'll be the best way to keep track of things if N when it gets going.

Catch ya on the server later mate :thumbsup:

What about Hidden Valley then or Barbagallo, I have rFactor versions and Game Stock Car versions of all the Aussie tracks, Gold Coast 600 anyone :D Ive got tracks for netKar Pro too. If there's any you might like to convert just holla mate.

Cheers
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    i thought about hidden valley but there is a guy doing a scratch built version and a sexy one at that so thought i'd leave it i just picked up a 1967 version of bathurst to try out as well ;) old school no railings :roflmao: what ever you guy's want just chuck them at me and i'll try them all out if it's too far gone eg winton requires a full rebuild and re texturing then i'll dump it on a back burner till i get my knowledge up :) think i can open game stock car versions not sure? i know i can with nk pro gpl and need for speed sh:poop:(ft) :roflmao: and RF1 but not RF2
  11. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    turns out i can open rfactor 2 tracks if they are installed onto rfactor2 i can't touch them because i do not have the game nor do i want it :roflmao: didn't like what i felt in the demo so when i get a file they are a eg trackname.rfcmp file which i can not extract by normal means only the rfactor mod installer can open these files.What a pain lol
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi guys, just a heads up on the AU server acquisition. :)

I have looked into PayPal and anyone can forward money TO any PayPal account FROM any PayPal acc, and as I already have one it's even easier, so if you have a PayPal acc you're good to go, if not, you'll need one Im afraid.
    Cyrentek billing is via PayPal so the whole process will be safe and a piece of cake once we're setup, I will pay for the 1st 3mths this-arvo, once I do that I will PM you guys with the Server account details, we may even have the new server for tomorrows event which would be awesome. :D
    Also I think it would be wise if there were 2 or more of us with server access and the knowledge to setup a session on the server, just as a precaution in case of an emergency :cautious:, so we will need a volunteer :whistling: :thumbsup:

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken and DoogleDave like this.
  13. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    What files do you need from the track, and how do I extract them so you can use them, if that's possible of course. Worth a look mate, let me know if we can do it that way, we'll make it happen, make them exclusive to Rooz :D

Cheers
  14. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Great stuff AJ, sounds good.
    I am good to go with PayPal so if you PM your details I/we can make payment to you.

In regards to the server access can I suggest that perhaps those that have paid for the server learn how to setup a session - which at this stage is only a few of us anyway :)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    i've run into quite a pickle All GSC files are encrypted and i have no clue in the world how to open them?? :eek: i can unpack all .mas files but upon loading .SCN file i get errors for main objects trk01 so fourth saying error file encrypted.It mus't be possible other wise the guy wouldn't state that it can be converted :confused: %$#@ER YOU Gmotor :roflmao:

im not even sure what RF2 files i would need haha also if they would be encrypted aswell????? :eek:
    id say they would look the same as RF1 files >mas and SCN files when i get a RF2 trtack it is compressed in a .RFCMP which i can't open with winzip or 7 zip it can only be extracted through rfactors engine and within there installed as you load a track?? my guess anyway lol
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    DoogleDave likes this.
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I agree Dave on both points, I will PM my details after Ive done the transaction with Cyrentek, then I can include a receipt copy for you all too :D I will run through the server setup with all concerned, it's not hard to pick up, :):):):) Ive worked it out and I'm blonde :roflmao:
    DoogleDave likes this.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Im pretty sure the GSC tracks I upped are also rFactor tracks, which hopefully will eliminate the problem with GSC encryption, I will have a perv through my rF tracks see whats there mate :D
    Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Okay checked it all out and ummm :eek: :eek::eek: hell of alot of coding involved through python and all i see is lines and numbers and just got no clue what im even looking at :oops:

but what i do have now is all the updated textures from GSC so if i grab the rfactor versions of them then just apply updated texturing should work.Then just up tracks tri count make sure all is connected and start writing in physics properties
    AJ.Scott likes this.