2015 Formula One season Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beau_Albert, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Hard to say where anything is, I would say it would take something special from Mercedes to not have the fastest car this year atleast at the start.
    Mclaren will be a Dark horse as the Honda engine is allowed unlimited development until pre season testing begins and they had all of last year to learn off everyone else.

And Redbull will be a Dark horse because of there supreme chassis building skills, if the Renault engine has managed to be close to the Mercedes in performance then I have no doubt Redbull have the ability to Out develop Mercedes.
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    What's the feeling on F1 coverage moving to Foxtel this season?
    Seems like a great deal for those that already have Foxtel, while the rest of us get shafted. I can't justify $60/month for foxtel (with sports plus HD) to watch F1. Don't care about any of the other rot the basic package comes with.
    I'll be looking into what streaming options are available.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well let's just say my rant on facebook isn't suitable for ROOZ lol
    t_b_williams likes this.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Since I have Foxtel I would prefer it since the coverage will undoubtably be better when it's not ruined by ads.

Basically what has happened is all motorsport is now on pay tv.

Also streaming is soo heavily policed by FOM it's nearly impossible to find a good one.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    www.wiziwig.com used to have some ultra good streams however I believe they have had to shut down sadly.... :'(
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Back when channel 10 used to have delayed races all the time, I used to stream and most of the time it was shut down by FOM mid race.
  7. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Originally the deal was slated for 2016, but I'm chuffed it's 2015.
    I've wanted F1 on Foxtel ever since F1 started HD coverage and the dream is finally a reality.
    I can understand how those without Foxtel would be pissed. I watch a lot of live sport on Fox so can justify the spending. EPL, AFL, WEC, now V8s and F1 plus lots of other marquee sporting events.
    If F1 is all you want Foxtel for, probably not worth it.

At least the coverage will get the attention it deserves now, no ads and no Greg Rust :)
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I've got the entire 2003 season downloaded and wow, the coverage is so much better than today. Bill Woods and Neil Crompton always knew what they were talking about and Crompton was generally spot on with rumours and predictions.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I find the lack of information in 2003 in the race compared to now though pretty massive, you basically had no idea what was going on lol.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Maybe I'm just nostalgic and preferred the less amount of ads lol
  11. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    I'll be streaming the races that arent on ten. Head over to reddit and they put links up for the stream
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  12. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    [QUOTE 4TheStig007, post: 68475, member: 193"]I've got the entire 2003 season downloaded and wow, the coverage is so much better than today. Bill Woods and Neil Crompton always knew what they were talking about and Crompton was generally spot on with rumours and predictions.[/QUOTE]
    Neil Crompton pretty much talks :):):):) now. He predicts pitstops and :):):):) but then to be wrecked by a safety car @N64TheStig007
  13. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Champion: Ricciardo
    Constuctors: Red Bull
    Most Improved Driver: Danii Kvyat
    Most Improved Team: Sauber
    Most Dangerous/Worst Driver: Maldonado:D
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    F1 2015 looks like it's going to be complete :):):):) as usual despite the upgrade to next gen, even if this video is satirical:
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    For you guys to buy F1 2015, what one feature would it need to have to draw you in to play it? I think most of us are fairly over the copy and paste with some new cars games. For me, I'd need some kind of Full Online Career mode, where we get maybe 4-5 people, and we all start our careers together, but with different teams, and it works just like the single player career, but with some cars being Player controlled. That's my 2 cents
  16. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Career with gp2 and 3 classes. Rooms like gt with practice. And no easy level driving aids like traction or abs online
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    There needed for those of us who use a controller.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    You can Ban the assists when you create a lobby, its just nobody ever seems to ban them sadly and on F1 2014, if you didn't use Traction Control, you were so much slower. Jono and TRL_Beau are far from slow guys, but if I used TCS against them I would run away by upwards of 2 seconds on them. I'd also like Controller vs wheel advantages to be stopped, make it an equal platform so no controller type is faster than the other
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    F1 games are crap seriously, i can't be bothered getting them.

when codemasters gets sacked then i might bother again.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    You can ban assists but no one joins