2015 Formula One season Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beau_Albert, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Michelin would be preferable to Pirelli. Wouldn't mind Bridgestone again either, but Michelin are probably the best option.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Michelin make the best tyres for everyday road cars, even though they have a checkered history in F1.

Best part:

"If F1 wants to consider our proposals we are here, fully open, with a strong will to return.

"If, instead, the prospects are to keep things as they are now, then thanks but we aren't interested.
  4. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Agreed, Bridgestone tyres tend to be too hard. Pirelli are too expensive and probably too soft but Michelin seem to have a good balance.
  5. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Dunno about you guys, but I think the tyre companies doing F1 is better for their business than a manufacturer.

I'm definitely not about to go out and buy a Mercedes, or any car or engine based upon how they do in F1. I think that exposure doesn't lead to much. I know that Renault engines have incredibly little to do with their brand. I know what a Renault on the streets looks like, and what it appeals to, just like Ferraris etc.

However, I tell you what, I'll be buying Dunlop tyres until the end of time because they did the V8s. I'm also rather fond of Pirellis now.

Finally, I remember when I was at a function in late 2014 with a bar tab. I went to the bar asking for a 'Martini' that I could see on the shelf. It of course, wasn't covered by a tab, but I didn't care at all. I drank that Martini for a good $10. WORTH.
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    They are actually identical cars under the shell. But I preferred driving the rs6 to the 7, but I think the differences was in my head.

Last time I checked it was a supercar haha
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I'm loving my Bridgestone re003 I recently got ;) awesome bang for $
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Dunlops are the last tyres I would buy they have massive tyre roar, alteast the ones I have had.

Michelins from my experince have always last the longest, I have no experince with performance rubber, but Bridgestones always cop slack for poor performance from Potenzas, Compared to Pirrelli PZeros and Michelin Pilot Super Sports, in benchmark tests.
  9. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yokohama make a very good performance tyre, so do Pirelli because they are quite soft and sticky.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    They say it's foolish to live in the past... But screw it, I much prefer 300km sprints than a conservation run. This is an incredible video.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I got to say though this rule for next year may provide some david vs goliath battles on a wacky weekend:

For 2016:

- Free choice of the two dry tyre compounds (out of four) that each team can use during the race weekend
    Crunch likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    About time, should be epic
    Crunch likes this.
  13. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Teams will just build cars that are good on tyres and use the softest compounds. Won't change much.
  14. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I agree to an extent, though I think it's just a liberalisation to get the focus off the engines and back onto tyres and strategies, which in my opinion, is a good move and has more interesting races. Currently, there's a benchmark on how good a car needs to be on tyres, and any excess is just beneficial, but not necessary.
    skywalker and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I find fuel a bigger issues they should burn as much as they want as fast as they can. Who cares about fuel saving its boring lol
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    WEC has fuel restrictions and its exciting as.

I think the tighter rules are partly there to make the teams will less $$$ more competitive. However, the rules are too tight imo. The new tire rule is a step back in the right direction for F1. But a couple more are also needed!
  17. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I got really distracted from studying and have a few predictions that might interest some people:

1. Maldonado's current 2015 campaign (points) shows he has a future in comedy next year.
    2. I believe Monte Carlo will be the first round of points we see for McLaren.
    3. Without extensive research, I believe Kimi will drive for Haas next year. Ferrari will undoubtedly replace him, and he'll struggle to find a drive elsewhere, and he'll have a back-and-forward with them over some cash, and it'll be all good. Depending on how Haas go, I could also see Ricciardo replacing Kimi in 2017 (whether Kimi is at Ferrari or Haas), with Max Verstappen to take Ricciardo's place at Red Bull.
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Kimi wouldn't go to Haas he would just retire, besides he is driving very good lately.

Also im not convinced Verstappen is better then Sainz yet, infact I would say the opposite right now. Still very early days.

Ricciardo is in a tough position if Redbull don't get a competitive engine, also im not convinced that they have their post newey Design team at a level to make a winning car regardless.

I think next year will determine whether he stays or he moves, I doubt Ferrari will Sign anyone apart from Kimi for 2016 as Ferrari will have more options for a successor with Bottas and Ricciardo both out of contract then, Mercedes might also be an option at this time as well.

Guiterrez to Haas imo and then maybe some American driver.
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Crunch likes this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Back in the 70's a talented driver could sign for any one of about 5 teams and have a chance at winning races and a shot at the championship, now if your not in THE car for the season your toast.
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    [​IMG]

Lewis is good for business. - Bernie, 2015

[​IMG]

I have the best support team in the paddock - Hamilton, 2015
    JonoStan96 likes this.