2015 Formula One season Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beau_Albert, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Thought i would start of a thread for the 2015 F1 Season because i have nothing better to do :D
    Who do you think will win the title? Which team will grab the constructors? Most improved driver? Most improved team? Also thoughts on the possibility in 2016 heading back to V8's? Good or bad for the sports future?
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    merc boys will be hard to beat again this year.... RBR will be there and abouts... Daniel will obviously be better placed being #1 in the team.... Williams with a year of development will threaten if they keep it straight and it will be very interesting to see how the 2 young blokes at Toro Rosso in Max V and Carlos Sainz Jnr will adapt
  3. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I hope Ferrari can make a comeback just for the sake of Sebastian but i don't see it happening, i hope the non-merc powered cars are closer this year and i hope the Force India if they start strong this year are actually able to keep it going instead of faltering half way through. Championship winner in my opinion could go to Ricciardo, but im also tempted to say Kvyat, from what i saw of him at Str he is very impressive. I just hope the Merc's haven't made as much of a off season gain as we are expecting
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Champion: Ricciardo
    Constructors: Mercedes AMG
    Most improved driver: Ambiguous question, but my take is who improved the most over last year, in which case I'll say Seb.
    Most improved team: See above for rationalisation...Ferrari

Ricciardo took 3 wins away from a team that was at least 1 second in front of everyone else. Another year of development, a more competitive Ferrari and Williams, he'll get the job done but with probably 7-8 wins maximum.

Mercedes don't have the best driver line up (I give that to Ferrari closely followed by McLaren) but they have the best combination of car speed and driver combo. They will get a lot of points and in my opinion, Kvyat will be a major disappointment at RBR. McLaren will have teething problems with Honda, Williams will be fast but not quite there and Ferrari will improve, but not enough to win any titles.

Ferrari will be a force again in 2015. Seb will bring renewed vigour. Kimi will want to go out with a bang (I think 2015 is his last year) and the new team members in management will also bring a fresh approach and will to fight.
    Seb will finish top 3 in the championship and pick up 1 or 2 wins. Ferrari will probably grab 3rd in the constructors but with some much more consistent results than 2014. Not sure if Kimi will grab a win, maybe if there is a race with a big crash or he gets lucky in the wet.

I can see Williams getting a win. Contrary to popular belief I think it will be Massa that grabs it. Bottas is a future world champion, but I think Massa has 1 or 2 really great drives left in him. Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz Jr will have some impressive performances early. Everyone is a bit closer at the start of the season and they should be able to capitalise. They will both fade towards mid season, but I see Sainz Jr being more impressive in terms of results. He is a future RBR world champion. I hope Nico Hulkenburg has a good season. He should've been in a Ferrari or Mercedes by now and deserves more.

Should be a good season. I'd like to see a switch back to V8 engines (V10 ideally, but that will never happen!) mainly for the noise. F1 engines have always been loud and usually have a wild scream to them. It doesn't feel right without it. Small capacity V8s with turbo might be an option as this will support the 'green' movement. I'd like to see energy recovery systems simplified. Anything that alters the car behaviour without driver input in a substantial manner shouldn't be in F1. I wasn't a fan of traction control (except that funny noise it made on a Ferrari during acceleration) or active suspension or anything like that. I also think DRS should be canned. If we could go back to the mid/late 90's type of rules and regs I'd be pretty happy, but don't see it happening.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hard to disagree with anything you said there lee, I also want SFI to put in a good year. Seems as if they start strong then just give up on the rest of the season's car development, as proven in 2013. Lotus should improve as they can't really get much worse than last year. I can't see Sauber improving though, which is a big shame.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I really hope one day Sauber can retain they're old form of 2008 when they were with BMW. Just not sure if that's going to be possible with Ericsson who really wasn't that impressive in a Caterham compared to Kamui and even Andre. Nasr is a bit on the fence for me, from this years Bahrain test's i was impressed at first but now that i know the Williams is just a strong package, his results don't look as great sadly. Also Leeboy i'm actually going to disagree with you on Danil Kvyat. I'm sure he won't be matching Daniel off the start and maybe even by end of season he will still be a tad off, but i think he is a very fast driver who just needs time to learn. I don't consider him a World Champion competitor, but give him a good car, 2-3 wins isn't out of the question for me. I think however if he isn't winning, he'll be crashing like Vettel in 09.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Why the younger drivers may go better than you think:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Go Ricciardo!!!
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Call me a grandpa then, coz that pic just gives me a head spin!
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    imagine if a rule change was implemented banning any extras on the steering wheel...
    Crunch and t_b_williams like this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Just get rid of DRS and I'll be happy.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Something tells me Mclaren might blow everyone away.

If so Alonso will be Champion.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Offical FW37...... Thoughts? Loving the revolutionary livery -_-
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Crunch likes this.
  14. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    What's with the DRS hate? I like it. I reckon bring it back to unlimited use in qualifying. You gotta have balls to open it milliseconds earlier than other drivers =P

I also think we needs KERS back. Not this MGU-K whatever the flippidy-doop it is. From what I can tell, you just charge that thingy up and release the extra power when you need it, as opposed to selecting different straights and opportunities in a lap to use it.
    -

I never understand the complaints about them...

EDIT: Anyway, I just hope a non-Mercedes car wins within the first three races. I don't wish to sit through more dominance.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Don't care about the cars anymore, I just want to know if Hamilton will go up on the podium looking like this!
    [​IMG]
    Mister_Bond_747 and Mustafur like this.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Fish gills!
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    And on Pole we have Hipster Hamilton.
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Brings new meaning to Hamilton camp...
  19. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Wow, the new Ferrari looks beautiful. It looks like a proper F1 car!!
    [​IMG]
    SuiCid3 and Beau_Albert like this.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Im doubtful because A) The merc will most likely be a missile this year B) The Ferrari will most likely be a ":):):):)box" this year but i really hope sebastian can get another title, would love to see him chase after Schumi's big 7, and im sure if schumi wants anyone to beat it, it would be a fellow german. But as for looks, fairly similar to last year in terms of livery but out of the noses, they are definatley on point this year. No more.... ya know noses. Wish front wing endplates were the matte black though :/