2015 Formula One season Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beau_Albert, Jan 1, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Im looking forward to a Ferrari powered Red Bull next year. Watch Dan start beating Vettel again.. time will tell.

And if Renault buys Lotus, does that mean Jann might get a drive?!?
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

Japanese TV director really liked the Force India's !
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Watched the race last night... what do you guys think about Alonso's radio calls? :)
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

Not really the way to improve team spirit? For somebody who's paid squiliens to be a team leader he should know better.
  5. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Not good for the team, but understandable. In a season where you have been just above manor pace for the whole season and your being passed in a straight line like your in a little hatchback, it's understandable to be upset. Radio calls were rather funny because of just how true it was, but it really doesn't help the team morale.

As for the rest of the race, everything after lap 3 was a bit of a drag. Vertsappen made a few decent passes, but not much else really happened. As for Niki Lauda claiming that Mercedes didn't get much screen time, my reaction to that is that why should the camera's focus on something so far ahead where nothing is happening when you could be looking at cars in the mid pack where there is some battling. Same thing happens with the Manor's, they are so far back and they get little screen time.
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED

Yeah I totally get his frustration. They work so hard to get in F1, so much personal sacrifice too, and to not even have a chance would be disappointing. Reminds me a tiny bit of Todd recently at QR lol. Although Alonso knows its a public radio.

I love Suzuka, but almost fell asleep it was that boring... the most interesting part was the battles for 12-14, which isn't even for points! and of course Max. He really has been the highlight of this season I think. Ballsy passes or crashes..
  7. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    What do we all think about Renault buying out Lotus?

Personally, i think this is the beginning of the end for Red Bull. Red Bull having brown nosed Renault so much this season are unlikely to be offered an engine next season, and if they do stick with a Renault engine, they for sure will get a customer engine, which obviously wont be as developed as a factory engine. I also think Mercedes have missed an opportunity with Red Bull, purely because they are scared of the Red Bull chassis. Mercedes would have a great opportunity here to provide Red Bull with a decent engine and get data etc off such a big team, but purely because they are to scared that Red Bull will be better than them, i feel they have missed a major opportunity because now it would seem likely that Red Bull will run a Ferrari engine next year.

As for the rest of lotus, I don't think much will change with Pastor already confirmed to stay, but who knows what Grojean will do (apparently he's off the Hass. We find out tomorrow). But one would assume the only thing that will change with Lotus to Renault will be a name and livery change.
  8. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    Think fernando was well out of order, he knew what he was doing and poor form to do that Honda at home race, he knows the culture and the impact losing face has there. Whether he is within his rights to do so is a mute point should know better.

If I was Macca I would punt both FA and JB, the car won't be competive until at least 2017 so get vandoorne and k mag in there for a years learning and experience, they will be grateful and hungry and with the extra mileage maybe ready when the car does get competive ( toro Rosso haven't suffered having two rookies) and they won't have to put up with the crxp the current two go on with. Ok sponsors may not be happy but sponsors generally are not happy unless they are winning and Macca don'tcurrently have many sponsors and more leaving so having to world champs hasn't worked on that front.

Think Renault buying lotus a good thing, a lot of good systems and infrastructure already set up so a transition to full works tea should not be hard.

if could get one more manufacturer onboard would help F1.

Have little sympathy for Red Bull they have made their own bed, won 4 consecutive titles with Renault and hardly gave them a mention in that period, then soon as things don't go well shxt can them publicly and repeatedly. Very poor form.

Disagree Merc missed a trick giving them engines I don't see the upside, Merc is an established brand expanding market share in youth market via AMG offering (A45 and c63 quality products) currently have a super fast world champ who appeals to the younger market and they are winning so there marketing campaign is set up for them. They pretty much run 1 and 2 each weekend on course for back to back drivers and constructors champs and let their drivers race, can't see how can improve on that.

They would only get beaten by red bull or red bull would whinge they are not getting equal treatment neither would be good publicity for them. They are a fully established works team they don't need red bulls data.

Staggered pastor still in sport although shouldn't really be as money talks in this sport like no other......
  9. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Don't forget Pastor is a race winner. Sure we all make jokes about him because he seems to constantly put his car in the wall, but he is a race winner, and whilst that doesn't make him a driving god, you have to remember that he did manage to defend from 23 other drivers for 60 odd laps. He has shown times where he can drive well, unfortunately he's just got that reputation for putting the car in the wall. Also, in this sport more than any other, if you have money, you have a race seat. that's simply just how it works. there's less and less drivers on the grid with talent, and more and more with just money. Soon every GP will be whoever has the most money can drive the fastest car
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Interesting interview with nikki lauder after the race he said mata:):):):)z (cant spell) has always disliked merc and he had no notations with them just one conversation that was brief
  11. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    Fair point on pastor being a race winner and he drove beautifully that day, I remeber watching thinking only a matter of time before he makes a mistake but he didn't

That said the body of evidence pre and post that suggests while there is some raw pace there on occasions it is nowhere near consistent enough nor do lessons appear to be learned.

No doubt pay driver always have and always be a part of the sport, but I think he has had his time and no longer justifies his place on the grid. However, he certainly isn't the only one!!!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    25 place grid penalty for Alonso.
    McLaren/Honda have finally decided to use their tokens and do something about that :):):):)ty package.
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    25 place grid penalty? They must surely be facing their best qualifying yet!!
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Meanwhile Bathurst and Fuji is on this weekend :)
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yeah hard to be excited about f1 isn't it!
  16. Mael

Mael Professional

Who-hoo, PODIUM for my team!!!!!!!!!!!!, 3rd podium for them!
    JonoStan96 and Nathancarhead like this.