Division 5 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Actually, if we can start a little later tonight that would be great.
    At a funeral ceremony atm, and not exactly sure how long it goes for.
    I guess if I'm not back by 8.30 then I'll probably miss the race?
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am running a little late if you wouldn't mind waiting a bit for me. But if you can't I understand
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    took me 90 minutes to get a connection, thought I was going to miss another race:cry: but got into Rano's room just before qually:thumbsup:
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great racing tonight fellas:thumbsup:, I couldn't hold onto Cab once we got onto hards, with every little wiggle I had he inched away and I couldn't close it back up. Stiff came through a couple of laps from the end with his softs and snatched 2nd from me:(. I am more than happy with a podium though.:)
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    My pace on the hards ruined this race for me... that and losing confidence in the car in the second stint.
    A few brushes with the walls and one spin gave my 2nd spot to emmo.
    Then it just went down hill from there.
    Such a shame considering I started so strong.
    Thought I'd at least keep a hold of fastest lap, but then R2D2 goes and snatches that away from me as well.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You sure did:thumbsup:, I couldn't keep up and didn't get back to you until near the end of the soft stint. I kept making very minor mistakes but each one cost me a place, the competition was that close.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Another one that got away for me.
    Started on hards and got a typically great start to pull alongside @Footlong_warrior and overtake him at turn 1 only to tap the wall and he got back through. That didn't last long and i had him again when he made a mistake.
    Then I started to drive a little defensively and he couldn't get past and started to drop back a little.
    Nearing the end of the stint I make a mess of it to spin and drop far back.
    Once I get on softs I post my first proper lap time on them and think 'let's just glance to see how close to the FL it is...and what do you know it IS the FL!!! I was so surprised as no other lap I did got into even the 37's.
    But next lap I spun again and kept going to salvage what I could.
    After being in front of @Blue XR8 on the hards and seeing where he finished, I think I know what I was capable of. But that's racing.
    Well done podium!
    SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  9. Raedonwolf

Raedonwolf New Recruit

I had a brilliant start and up to fifth after the pitstop. I had an awesome battle for a really long time with moon. That battle felt like it went on foreeeeevvvvveeerrr. Molch was a very fast hare I was trying to catch and so was blue who did the most perfect braking move on me into turn one and broke my concentration when he overtook because he stayed behind me for a long time prior so I was suprised when it happened. That was pretty much when my race started to go wrong. I got passed by a couple of softies who at the time I thought were on hards. On the 2nd last lap I spun trying to turn a car that didnt want to turn. The irony is it turned to much and cost me two places.

Lets get serious for a moment.... I think my strategy for next week will be to drive faster than other people. But you cant use that, because I invented it just now.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    SuiCid3, emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    So my race kinda went to plan. Started on softs I wanted to start on the front row but could not nail a lap. Trying to hard. Did a webber start and went in to the first corner 4th. Some bump and grind through there but we all got out in good shape. We all watched ranok3n skip away from us for the first few laps. It took until Lap 8 for me to get into 3rd. Then Lap 9 saw Vardz get into the wall at double left hander which allowed me in to 2nd. I managed to catch Rano and pass him just before pitting on Lap 14 for Hards.

Came out in 6th with a bit of a gap back to 7th. I just tried to drove smooth on hards so I still had tires left at the end to defend. Managed to lap the fastest I have been on hards with out pushing. I did constant 1:39.5's with 1:39.1 as my fastest lap on hards. I just kept an eye on the order and saw stiffsht picking everyone off. I managed the gap and I could push on the last 2 laps. My last lap was a low 1:41 faster then my last lap on softs.

Very happy with this result first win in here. I did a lot of laps on this track and every time I did I was doing long stints so I knew how to handle old tires. I moved the pedals in my sim as well which helped me get comfortable under braking. Now on to Spa.

Cheers
    SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You don't have to drive faster, I had 9th fastest lap in the race. :confused:
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @CAB77, keen to try hosting next week?
  13. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Yeah I can. I saved the settings we used last night. My connection has been real good of late.
  14. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    lets stick to one host because all that dicking around cost me big time... @Dev1lman_87 who was using the same internet as me got to finish his race because they started on time
  15. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    too many chiefs & they couldnt organize a root in a brothel with $1000 each no more late starts pls:thumbsdown:
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Why don't you guys offer to host then??

Don't blame the guys that are working with what they're given, to try and accommodate for everyone in the division to have a good race.
  17. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    It wasn't just the div 5 room having issues. All rooms seemed to have issues
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Wouldn't you like to compete against everybody within the division in a stable room. Divison 5 certainly doesn't have the worst of the connection issues.... so just take a little lay down chill out for a bit as we as room captains are trying to do the best we can for everybody not just a few....if you have an issue with way we are doing things...take your bleating and whinging to the moderators!! Would you be happy if we left both of you sitting in the pits and not on the track racing???
  19. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Im happy to host and have a room up early for the next 2 sundays as I'm not working on that day. I'm on NBN and have not had any trouble yet. The days I'm working I get home about 6:30 qld time and could have a room up shortly after.

I'll host a room later this week for some short races so anyone can hop in and test.
    Easyprey007, SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The only problem I saw with you hosting is that I couldn't keep up with you. :(
    SuiCid3, jasondull1986 and CAB77 like this.