2015 Formula One season Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beau_Albert, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    As long as F1 is stuck in this stupid deluge of arcade sim hybriding, I'm not getting another Code"masters" one. Make it one or the other, nothing is more frustrating than having to second guess your braking and turn in points at every corner because the car feels so fecking numb. It's pretty sad that the last true F1 game we had is nearly 10 years old (although I do think F1 2010/2 are decent.)
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The things we want will never happen due to licensing restrictions and ownership.
    F1 is run by FOM. GP2 and GP3 are run by GP2 Motorsport Ltd and so on and so forth.

The only thing that would make me really happy, is if a true simulator type of game was created.
    Something along the lines of Assetto Corsa in terms of realism and feel. The one thing has NEVER been nailed in an F1 game, is sound. 2015 cars don't really sound that good anyway so no great loss.
    If it had a 'Legendary F1 Car' mode, with challenges for some championship winning cars, that might draw me in more.
    I like the scenario mode kind of thing, but only if it's worthwhile and a decent challenge. Even recreating significant victories would be fun, or victories from really tough positions (I'm thinking along the lines of Schumacher in Hungary 1998, or Webber in Germany 2009).

Definitely the most important thing though is realism. We need a decent F1 simulator, not these poxy arcade style games. How rubbish were the bits where you had to answer media questions? It didn't seem to affect anything!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    the best i have seen have been the rfactor mods, which have some insane sounds, but it's not an official game.
    CAB77 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The last F1 games to have that were the F-1 World Grand Prix games on the N64 for 1997 and 1998, the "challenge" mode was unquestionably the best part of the game. Trying to stay in the points as Frentzen on slicks at Monaco '97 was just nuts.
  6. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I miss HHF...he was one of those battlers that you just couldn't help but like. He was bloody quick on his day too.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    And he's got probably the coolest name ever... His helmet was cool too, I really wish he had a bit more luck, imagine if he won the 99 title in a freakin Jordan...
  8. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
  9. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    Looking forward to the race this weekend, hopefully the rest of the field can be competitive with the Mercs. My money is on Hamilton taking the win
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Sadly there is only 2 drivers you can bet on for the win :( However I would love a major upset in the form of Sebastian Vettel :p
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  11. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'm interested how Sauber can race with a driver on hostile terms... Commentors have been saying it will make no difference because the team as a whole goes beyond the heads, but still... The team can do quite a lot to make a driver feel unwelcome, or treat someone unequally as the number2 driver. It's just a strange dynamic.

As for the case itself, as a law student, I know without a doubt that the court made the right decision. A contract was clearly signed, and Sauber thought it meant nothing. Now they will pay by having to deal with 3 contracts. I'm even more annoyed by Sauber's counsel arguing that it would be unsafe. That's just a blatant lie. It's just a nightmare of a hassle to kit the car up for a different driver - it is certainly not as if they need to redevelop the entire chassis, engine, or anything they have discovered in testing. It's just driving a car for goodness sake. I'm glad the judgment said this effect.

I'm interested in how it'll play out in future races. Maybe in some strange (weak) jurisdictions, Sauber might try and get him out of the car again.
    Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I have always been a fan of Seb, but after Malaysia 2013 I started to hate him.
    I started to like him more last year with his humility getting beaten by Dan the man, but now that he is a Ferrari driver I have no choice but to wish him the best!:D
    Altho I am secretly rooting for Kimi! ( I just named our new kitten Kimi);)
    As to the race on Sunday, one never knows what will happen and who has reliability, remember Merc had problems with Ham last year. I do expect Bottas to do well actually....
    If Williams/Ferrari/Rbull get close in quali, anything can happen, and it usually does!
    Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Well after FP1, RBR are not looking special. Its just FP1 but c'mon, they should not be that far back!! Yet again, its FP1, everyone is doing different things but STR! Wow, wasnt expecting that! One of the better looking cars on the grid chassis wise, and it also looks semi-handy at the moment
  14. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    They did an awful lot of laps tho which would have helped, but still, they look good
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Am I the only one that actually enjoys the cringe-worthy television from the Qantas Lounge? We only get it once a year, so I actually do look forward to the :):):):)ty sweepstakes and the lesser celebrities pronouncing names wrong.

In other news, I'm already sick of Matt White... As I said on Facebook on the night of the final race in Abu Dhabi last year, 'It's not that I had anything against him personally, but we just don't need former Today Tonight hosts on the F1.' He's so annoying ... and the reason is because he's so mainstream. Rusty actually lives motorsport, and he explained things in a compassionate way to casual viewers. Matt White is... just .... ugh... he's a newsreader for goodness sake. I'll be going to watch at a friend's place every Foxtel round, but I'll still have to put up with blimen' Matt White every other round.

As for Sauber, I need to post what I found hilarious on Twitter: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_2ynFsUIAAF3uw.png:large

It's also quite obvious now that Sauber just wanted to waste time, so that any Australian judgment wouldn't be binding post-race. Screw 'em (Sauber), I say. They'll be found of contempt of court if they don't run Van der Garde tomorrow, which I'd love to see, because then it'll REALLY hit the fan: criminal charges, assets taken, probable firings, probable contract payouts, and a legitimate uncertainty with Sauber's future. Pretty sure the bench are reasonably against Sauber at this point, and Van der Garde aren't dropping the issue, which is brilliant.

Shaping up for another good year of the political drama you think is a motorsport. This is why I don't watch the V8s or anything else.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Spend 50 bucks a month on foxtel and update to respectable coverage is what I say.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Surprisingly Matt White isn't annoying me as much as I thought he would, seems to tone his odd commentary down when amongst Australian motorsport legends such as AJ and Mark. He still doesn't have much of a clue, but at least here he isn't masturbating over Whincup every 10 seconds.

You must be the only motorsport fan in the world @Crunch that enjoys that pathetic C grade "Celebrity" lounge (the word celebrity is by far the most offensive and worst word in the English language) and I'd seriously recommend getting your head checked lol. :p You're spot on when you say it's cringe worthy, but often I just end up yelling various expletives at these morons who have no place on a motorsport program. Same thing with the "Celebrity" race, utter waste of time.

Rusty's a legend, as much crap as we gave him for constantly chucking to ads at crucial moments....

I'm glad Monisha's been given hell, she's proven to be utterly useless as a team boss and if Sauber goes under, and she does hard time, I'm not going to feel sorry for her, I will feel for the countless employees who'll be out of a job, and Peter Sauber seeing his team virtually destroyed in under 3 years.
    Crunch likes this.
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    What a snoozefest the race in Melbourne was...F1 has become too technical for its own good.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Worst race since USA 2005, although I found that riveting to see what the rednecks would throw onto the track and a minnow getting onto the podium!
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    It makes me sad seeing F1 in the state it's in. In 2012 I began watching the WEC as I was growing interest in Endurance races and more precisely, LMP1's. It was a fairly small championship however the racing was good. Now just 4 years on, I have to say, I think it may be the biggest form of motorsport we have. For round 1 we are expecting 30-40 cars to take part, and a huge 53 at Le Mans, and more importantly, the sport has 110% Less Bernie ecclestone. Its playing all its cards in terms of marketing, promoting and sporting regulations absolutely perfectly. F1 as V6 turbo's, WEC has 1000bhp Hybrid animals :p
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.